Ready to laugh? I can't figure out how to move

lol it sounds funny, but I can’t figure out how to move my character. I have checked the keyboard bindings again and again to find the movement keys… but I can’t find them. I’ve literrally pressed EVERY key on my keyboard and NONE of them will move the character. If I click the mouse on-screen the character will go to where I clicked, but the keyboard does nothing. I’m sure I’m missing something simple, but I can’t figure it out.

I don’t have a bad keyboard because I tested this on two different PC’s with two different keyboards and neither PC can move the character with the keyboard. Google searches were little help because I mostly found people talking about console versions of the game.

Help please???

1 Like

This game isn’t like FPS games. You don’t use the keyboard to move. You use the mouse. There is a “force move” key that, when you press it, your character will move toward the mouse cursor. There is also a “force stand” key that keeps your character from moving. That’s it. Otherwise, left click on an open spot to move the character there.

2 Likes

Hmmm - sounds like you moved.

Thanks for the info. I can’t play the PC version like this. I’m tempted to say this is the worst control scheme I’ve ever encountered in a game. Glad I didn’t buy it yet. Thanks again for the info.

Do the console versions have better movement since they use a controller?

2 Likes

The console movement is done via the left joystick directional movement.

3 Likes

Coming from playing a multitude of games with many different movement combinations, I vastly prefer Diablo 3s way of movement. It takes a minute to get used to it and binding force move and force stand, but it is the single most fluid movement I’ve seen.

3 Likes

As pretty much everyone here said, you primarily move your character by using the mouse and clicking on where you want them to go. If you’re wanting to stay in one spot while you’re smashing or blasting enemies, then you’ll want to hold down Shift or whatever key you have Shift’s function bound to - mine is the tilde key right next to the numbers on the top row for ease of using skills.

i know this thread is years old , but using 1hand with 2 fingers , seems counter productive , you have 2 hands 10 fingers , multiple uses for each keybind , a friend was like its the greatest game ever , i forgot i had played 8 years ago , still had my account , and played for 1 hour ish , and realized the movement play is horendous … oh well

1 Like

Windows has this thing called Mouse Keys where, essentially, you map the mouse to your 10-key. However, I have not tried it and I am not sure if it interferes with use of the top row numbers.

If so, one can likely remap Mouse Keys to the more common SAWD (or even arrow keys.)

A S D F = 1 2 3 4, at least for me.