Re-transmit blizzcon? (to some friends, private)

Different countries, i can’t :frowning:

So … it is somewhat doubtful… Will it be very difficult to receive a response from a CM?
You have more direct contact with them, right? could you ask them? MissCheetah?

It is up to Blizzard to have their copyright and legal team go after content. Once the event is over, they often figure it is not important to bother spending legal costs over it.

The OP asked if it was legal, and technically no, but it is also valid to ask if it will be enforced.

1 Like

You don’t really need a CM :slight_smile: The Shop Page for the Vticket includes the restrictions.

© 2019 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. BlizzCon, Diablo, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, StarCraft, World of Warcraft, and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S., and/or other countries. All other trademarks referenced herein are the properties of their respective owners. Duplication or rebroadcast of the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket without Blizzard Entertainment’s express written permission is prohibited.

EDIT - Parts of the Blizzcon show are FREE. So, those parts that are free are something you can hang out online with friends and share. Opening Ceremonies being free means they can all tune in and you can chat on Discord. Check the Schedule when it comes out so you can see what parts are available for everyone. Some of the esports matches are free too.

1 Like

All I know is, the Diablo announcements and panels are on youtube right away, and the quality looks professionally done. :kiss:

I looked there, I didn’t find the answer.
It does not specify the case of a private broadcast.
That is why I’m here.

Because ANY broadcast, public or private, is not permitted. If it was just limited to public re-broadcast, it would say so.

The same applies to any pay per view type event. They want people to buy the ticket to view it live, and don’t like it when someone re-broadcasts that content allowing others to avoid paying. Even in private.

Private homes are fine to hang out and have friends view. Using the internet to provide free access and avoid buying a virtual ticket, is not. Discord is not your living room.

I know, I know, but there are cases that should not be allowed and are not specified, such as seeing it in a public place.
That’s why I doubt.

Obviously, as long as I doubt it I will not make a broadcast.

I just want to be sure.

Opening Ceremonies are usually exempt from such things.

Most of this stems from one aspect:

Country. If a person is sharing or streaming to friends that reside in a different country that adds to the complication.

Will Blizzard know if you do this? Probably not, if its privately shared.

But as MissCheetah pointed out, there are free parts of the event you all can just watch together, for free without having to share anything other than voice/cam connection.

Game on.

1 Like

Not really. Country does not matter in this case. It is a pay per view event that requires a ticket. Any re-broadcast, public or private, is prohibited.

I did talk to my Customer Service MVP lead but they don’t want to make a public Blue post given they are not part of the Legal department and don’t have a statement prepared that was cleared by Legal.

They feel the info given in this thread is currently accurate and acceptable though. Particularly the reference to the Vticket terms. If they meant only public re-broadcast was prohibited, they would have said so. So, listening to me might be good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, but it is not the idea, we are a group attached to the rules.

That’s all I need.
Thx.

1 Like

Why would you waste 70 bucks on this trash when you can get all the news for free within the hour?

Whatever’s worth knowing will end up plastered all over youtube on the same day.

I thought the VT was only $50 this year?

2 Likes

$49.99.

Not sure why some are saying $70.00 (link please). Unless $49.99 = $70.00 in another country.

That is my guess. The Virtual Ticket has never been $70 USD, or anything close. It was $39.99 from 2009 to 2016. In 2017 they raised it to $49.99 and added in weeks of extra videos for behind the scenes stuff, lots more stages, events, cameras and interviews, and months of replay access. All the esports stuff is now covered too. Most of those events did not exist when the V ticket started. The early versions were only the main events for two days.

Going from < 50 hours of content to hundreds of hours of content for only $10 more seems ok to me. Those production folks don’t work for free.

Don’t they have cameras?

1 Like

It’s 70 bucks in my currency.

Next time why not lead with that? Instead of making it a Troll post? This is a US based website. You could have mentioned that and avoided inflaming others.

And on my currency it seems to be 39.99€. Which seems to be considerably cheaper than the US dollar price considering the current exchange rate and that it already includes VAT.

Depending on where you live the price can vary due to different factors.

In their smarthphones…

For me it’s like 4x40€… The beauty of exchange rate in different countries…

If anybody was “inflamed” by that, then it’s high time they got off the internet for a while.