Razer Chroma flickering

Not sure how to fix this. Even with my lighting turned off, when I try to enter Diablo 3, and it switches my keyboard to red, it starts to flicker intermittently. This just started today, after turning my computer on. Anyone that can help with a work around or a fix? Like disabling D3 lighting settings maybe?

I don’t know how to setup Razer, but if you want to disable Chroma in D3, you can read the sticky post at top of the forum: Known Technical Support Issues - [Updated June 21, 2020!]

It contains a workaround which need to edit a line in the D3Prefs.txt.

1 Like

Just ran into this problem and resolved it by installing the ‘Chroma Connect’ module within the Razer software and disabling D3. You can add modulesby going to Synapse > Modules. This will display individual games enabled for chroma-specific lighting. In my case, Diablo 3 was listed twice (once as Diablo III.exe and again as Diablo III64.exe)… which I think the historically crappy razer software just freaks out on.

Disabling Diablo III.exe and keeping the 64 version resolved my issues and lets me still use the lighting for the game.

3 Likes

Great info, thank you for sharing the resolution!

1 Like