Rapid Fire On NS - Worth Building?

Hey Guys,

I have made it up to 113 on Impale. I noticed an oddity on the leaderboards: almost everyone else is Impale, EXCEPT the top 3, who are N6 Rapid Fire. Is there a trick here? Is this build worth trying, or should I keep pushing with mostly-augmented Impale?

1 Like

Nope - it won’t work for you given your NS paragon and 113 clear with impale.
RF needs defense - it is basically a toughness check first. Top dudes with 6k paragon+ can run this - but it won’t work with sub 2k paragon.

Season is different as you have unity (50%) and elusive (60%). This is 5 times the toughness you have. Just from the rings.

With impale you can reach ~120 or so in NS. You won’t get there with a RF build.
Natalya is strong - but also very squishy. With super high paragon this can work.

2 Likes

Thank you sir! I am sure I can do more with Impale, just not quite timing my positioning. I feel like every time I vault, it intentionally avoids Oculus spheres.

The season where I worked up an S6 from ground zero is the season I learned how to vault accurately :sunglasses:

Teach me! I have it on left mouse click for Impale.

My movement skills are always on the rear mouse side button (MB11 on Death Adder and Mamba). The main thing I had to learn for S6 vaults and N6/M4 Sentry placing, is curser control. I had been running my curser to fast and had to slow it down a bit to increase accuracy.

Don’t count out LON though, even after season ends. There’s a NS LON RF clear in the top 5 of NA (I believe) that is very impressive, 130ish I think.

Personally, I like the playstyle so much that I’ll keep playing my LON RF after the season ends. I’ll need to shift some gear for toughness (like string of ears vs witching hour), but I’ll still be able to push high for me.

1 Like

No trick at all, non seasonal ladder is just completely dead on NA. Its around 3-4 tiers above impale imo. My N6 RF has cleared 131 but my impale with equivalent or better gear is unable to do 128. If you care about ladder rank… try it. If you don’t care, stick with impale. The augmented impale gear will have use outside of gr pushing unlike N6.

N6 RF is not squishy at all, probably the tankiest DH build on NS atm. Elusive ring is used for the build so the tankiness is not far off LoN RF. But I have also seen a 129 3.7k paragon clear using convention instead of elusive ring.
I removed all my paragon except for MS + hatred and did a 120 with no fishing or conduit. (141 gems were used, I didnt have anything lower)
imgur. com/jKwpoGe.jpg
imgur. com/akdUoYQ.jpg
(remove space… cant post links yet)

2 Likes

Then I stand correct about NAT RF - when I tested it I had no elusive.

I had a rough time with N6 Rapid Fire, even with elusive, my char got clobbered in 120s. It wasn’t as smooth as LoN RF, then again i didn’t want to augment without confirming a few good clears.

It’ll be interesting to see how LON (or I guess LOD) competes with Nat6 in NS next patch with the new gem. In S17 LON is clearly ahead, but it’ll lose a gem which might give Nat the upper hand.

I’ve been watching the PTR leaderboard for just that reason. The only problem is that the current LoN RF builds are not using the new gem, or the LoN rings. Kinda looks like the S17 buff carried over to PTR.

i’ve found pretty much everything is squishy outside of impale, i just got like full ancients for my Multishot build so i said ok screw it i’ll give it another go. Ended the same, get one shot lol. It’s because i don’t use travelers pledge and compass. That’s the only toughness difference in impale and multishot they recommend the restraint and focus. I literally hate anything that isn’t impale because the survivability is such crap on anything else.

1 Like

With the new LoD gem (LoN buff but as a gem), it will be possible to use the S17 LoN RF build after the season ends but with the new gem.

However, this means giving up a valuable legendary gem slot in which all 3 are very important:

• Bane of the Trapped: this gem provides a huge up to 60% damage buff (at level 150) to everything slowed which should be everything since you stand still and monsters come to you. This also procs Cull of the Weak.

• Bane of the Stricken: this gem is required for solo clearing in high GRs as the boss tends to be difficult to kill if it doesn’t have a lot of extra enemies around it.

• Pain Enhancer: this gem is critical in snapshotting a HUGE amount of attack speed by restarting channeling with a lot of bleeding monsters nearby.

Therefore, all 3 of the current meta gems are incredibly strong and dropping any one of them is a severe restriction for the build. Probably dropping Bane of the Trapped is the best option but it hurts the build a lot.

If the snapshotting bug gets fixed, then dropping Pain Enhancer will be the choice but if that happens, Rapid Fire builds will drop a bit in power.

3 Likes

Will Squirts/Stone Gauntlets help here do you think? As I understand it, Vengeance will offset the downside of SG. Or am I missing something?

Squirts almost definitely not. RF is constantly getting hit, but just tanks it. Stone gauntlets…depends on how it works. I read the updated patch notes you’re referring to, but I need to test it out myself. If vengeance does indeed offset the movement and attack speed debuffs, then…bis for sure, absolutely indestructible.

GZ!

That powershrine miss … OMG.

Very good playstyle (like always hitting FoK before you start doing damage).

Interessting: No Trapped - PE.

Will only work in the perfect levels like the one you got - but going from 7.5 ticks to 15 ticks is more DPS than trapped + CtW would add.
And the average solo gear makes it even more impressive.

1 Like

From what I saw in the video, he was using Pain + Stricken + LoD. As I mentioned in an earlier post above, dropping Trapped is the only viable option if you’re fishing for perfect rifts like that one since the benefit from the other 3 gems are more important. Last season, he could have pushed 4-5 GRs higher probably with the same gear and GR.

1 Like

Hot damn! That conduit around 7 min 30 was simply glorious!