Random DH Trivia Thread

Since I was bored at work today, I decided to start a fun thread where players can share their most obscure knowledge about Demon Hunters! I have dozens of these but I’ll post them staggered in time if this thread gains traction:

Trivia fact 1
Did you know, there are 3 skills in the game that increase movement speed (as visible in the character details tab) that don’t specifically state that they do? One of these is for Demon Hunter!

• The skill smokescreen actually grants a +15% movement speed bonus for its duration for ALL runes. The displacement rune only provides +85% on top of that to total +100% for that 1 second duration.

The other two skills that provide a hidden (but more obvious) movement speed bonus are: Spirit Walk and Steed Charge.

13 Likes

Trivia fact 2

• Sharpshooter is actually +4 base Crit Chance and +4 Crit Chance per Second, both of these bonuses break the 75% crit chance cap. The bonus Crit Chance is also retained for 1 second, having really high aps or using skills with high tick rates is a good way to take advantage of this bonus
10 Likes

Okay, I’ll post another to keep things going…

Trivia fact 3
Did you know that while walls and other obstacles can block projectiles (even rockets require line-of-sight with the target), there is one skill that can attack into any completely sealed room (before opening any door)!

• The skill chakram can attack through any wall or door without opening it and does not require line-of-sight with the target.

While this particular tip might seem useless, chakram can indeed be used to kill monsters “stuck” in walls (often leading to glitched bounties) or kill an enemy without fear of retaliation (if it is in a sealed room)!

8 Likes

Well, you never stop learning. :bow_and_arrow:

I was aware of the 4% chc with Sharpshooter, but I never noticed an increased movement speed for Smokescreen, which also breaks the regular 25% cap.

Another Trivia fact (but mostly useless)

• When using M4, the sentries snapshot the selected rune of the hatred spender. If you swap the rune between building two sentries, you will get two sentries that fire different attacks. (This obviously doesn’t work in Greater Rifts.)
7 Likes

DML double hits proc effects such as Area Damage and hatred from MfD - Mortal Enemy.

3 Likes

Trivia fact 2.5

The tool-tip for sharpshooters bonus retention is misleading. Upon critting, the passive holds that crit chance for 2 seconds instead of 1.

I tested this in vanilla D3 using evasive fire generator with 0 crit gear. Evasive fire was important because it was the only skill that hit instant for testing purposes.

At 3 APS, I was clearly able to get 6 shots of evasive fire in which all of them crit at 100% crit chance from sharpshooter and was able to replicate these results with 100% success rate. On the sheet however, the crit chance drops back to it’s original value on the first hit, but still retains that crit chance value for the entire 2 seconds.

This remained true through RoS and the current patch. If it wasn’t for pets and followers being able to crit and resetting the crit counter on sharpshooter (imo, the biggest problem with the passive), it could have great value for UE MS CoE burst style play and S6.

4 Likes

Time for another one!

Trivia fact 6

• The Lianna’s Wings hand-crossbow is the only item in the game that adds a cooldown to a skill that doesn’t have a cooldown.

Furthermore, this cooldown is shared with Smokescreen and does not begin until Smokescreen has ended. The reasoning behind this is to prevent chain-casting Smokescreen by alternating it with Shadow Power.

If this wasn’t the case, it would be possible to become permanently invincible with enough cooldown and resource cost reduction! Talk about an unfair advantage in PVP!

3 Likes

Here’s one:

Trivia fact 7

• Sentry procs by Helltrapper will inherit the 4-piece Marauder set damage bonus. The maximum number of sentries deployed doesn’t change with Helltrapper, the cap is still based on Bombardier’s Rucksack and Custom Engineering passive.

The Sentry skill is actually not required in N6M4 and M6 builds. With Helltrapper cubed, you could theoretically equip a supporting legendary like Augustine’s Panacea or Manticore and wait for your sentries to appear.

But why would anyone do that?

2 Likes

Time to revive this thread!

Trivia fact 8

• Evasive Fire - Focus doesn’t have an “arc” in its animation unlike its other runes.

While the developers could have simply changed the colors for each of the different runes, they purposely removed the arc from the animation for Focus. This is because this is the only rune that doesn’t have an “if enemy within close range” effect, which the arc denotes that range.

1 Like

Zei’s Stone of Vengeance has “Maximum *.% at 50 yards.”

To visualize 50 yards, sit on the New Tristram Waypoint. The distance between you and Haedrig (the Blacksmith) is 50 yards.

Not DH specific Trivia, but hopefully helpful :slight_smile:

And… congrats on Trust Level 3 Iria.

3 Likes

Zei’s also rounds up to the nearest 10th yard, even if a monster is standing on top of you, you still gain a 10 yard buff

2 Likes

Deploying Chain of Torment will do nothing to help when your DH cries “I need more discipline!”

3 Likes