Raise Torment Difficulty to 20

The game is too easy atm. I think we need to raise the Torment difficulty to at least 20.

Thanks!

31 Likes

This idiocy again?

There are already way too many difficulty levels.

61 Likes

That is because the kids wanted buffs, buffs and even more buffs.
D3 is so out of control, put it to bed already and bring on D4.

13 Likes

yes they kill d3 with this mega buffs … 100000000% dps …

6 Likes

D3 has 20, 20! difficulty levels. 4 more wont make a difference.

9 Likes

Why not go all the way up to torment 100 at this point? Lmao. The amount of difficulty levels is already too many.

6 Likes

Bad idea. Too many difficulties already.

If you want more challenging torment I’d suggest asking for a drop down that disables any and all defensive options or bonuses, including armor or all res from mainstat.

2 Likes

It’s not just challenge, but also raising the torment difficult will increase rewards too.

4 Likes

Which would then result in most builds and perhaps classes to be unable to farm in newly added difficulties, which would then most likely result in another massive buff to make said builds and classes capable of farming the newly added difficulty tiers; which would inevitably loop back to people saying that the game is too easy and asking for more difficulties.

14 Likes

This has been said many times but dismissed many times as well.

If you raise to T20, a lot of the speed builds will disappear. Not a good idea.

4 Likes

How many times do you need to receive the same items over and over.

12 Likes

I stopped reading when you said

4 Likes

No. Right now many different builds are viable for T16 group play (rifts / bounties) and this will no more be so if the level is bumped further.

You can get all the difficulty you could want in GRs. Pro players beating them with unusual huge paragon and clever usage of the current season buff are irrelevant.

4 Likes

It has also been implemented many times. Torment didn’t always go up to 16 lol… So it’s not hard for the developers to raise it again to 20.

2 Likes

You missed the point. When people do content outside GRs, they use speed builds. That content is for farming things fast, not to farm slowly. The highest difficulty setting on the standard difficulty scale should be farmable with numerous speed builds, it’s not for the challenge.

Here’s the loop which has happened:
First T6 was max and people said farming it wasn’t efficient, we got buffs.
Then T6 was too easy, we got up to T10.
Then T10 wasn’t efficient to farm, we got buffs.
Then T10 was too easy, we got up to T13.
Then T13 wasn’t efficient to farm, we got buffs.
Then T13 was too easy, we got up to T16.
Then T16 wasn’t efficient to farm, we got buffs.
Now T16 is too easy and previous mistakes above should be repeated?

Cutting things down might be too late at this point but adding more difficulties is abolutely unnecessary. T16 is fine as it is and there are plenty of speed builds to farm it. If levels up to T20 are added, build diversity will take a massive hit as there are much much less builds to efficiently farm T20.

26 Likes

You’ll get the same kind of posts in the D4 forums too.
Mark my words, even though it looks as the designers are being especially careful about balance and power creep.
BTW, Melos I’m not picking on you, the game is a little flaccid due to the magic of power creep, hopefully the vanilla team can help without adding to it.

Although at GR >100 it does get a bit tougher.

1 Like
  1. Remove the first 15 torment levels
  2. Remove the first 100 GR levels
3 Likes

This is the best reply I have readied on here in a long time. The more you give the Mindless the more the Mindless wants.

The game is really way pass out of control. All the game is a contest to see how fast you can do anything in the game.

Lets open run as fast you can kill the RG close. Doing the same thing over & over & over again. WOW I’m having so much fun I can’t stop. The game is broke and people want to break it even more.

Give us a lvl 20 difficulty, just don’t increase the reward past the lvl 16 limits. if you want the rewards, then grift.

1 Like

It’s posts like this which make me wish they’d never removed the dislike button!

11 Likes