Raekor and Weapon Throw rework feedback

As expected: not great!

1 Like

It’s pretty fun. Total glass cannon however. Tried a 120 with focus/restraint, was too squishy. Totally ez with band of might & CoE though. Early feedback would be: needs more damage & some defense someplace.

1 Like

Gonna be fun, edge of your seat in HC mode then :crazy_face:

I tested this in the new season mechanic and the Boulder Toss is super sporadic when it splits off, I found the split boulders go off screen sometimes before impacting the ground

Server crashed. Testing tomorrow. :unamused:

Too late to point out that the PTR Feedback forum is for feedback on the actual PTR itself and not the changes that have been made? This should be on the PTR Bug Report forum.

What the heck? The PTR feedback forum has always been for, well, PTR feedback!

Why on earth would general feedback- not related to bugs- go in the PTR bugs forum?

Don’t shoot the messenger! There was a change between 2.6.7 and 2.6.8 (Feb 2020): So it has been this way for a couple of years now.

1 Like

Haha, apologies, my “what the heck” was not addressed at you, just at the general principle…

It sure doesn’t seem like anybody adopted that procedure. For instance, all the Marauder feedback from the previous PTR is in this forum.

Unless the mods or CMs move this thread themselves, I’m just gonna leave it here. Bugs are bugs, and feedback is feedback.

My impression is that they misspoke in that post by Nev from some time ago, and have just continued to cut and paste it for each new PTR, reproducing the error each time.

2 Likes

I tested some configurations of this new Raekor. With the multiple projectiles, the gameplay is fun. I was worried about the wall charging but it’s okay.

As expected, the build lacks toughness. Regarding the damage I do not know too much because I could not look for my limit because of the lag.

So I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around stacking BT 5 times before launching a boulder. I feel that best output of damage is launching as soon as you max out on Fury. When we do STD and top off Fury at 3 stack, but wait for 2 more stacks, it seems that we are only detrimentaly prolonging our damage without really gains. As long as we are accruing Fury, we are increasing our damage (becauseof the BT skill mechanics), but outside of that, we’re not.

Another way to look at it is if it takes 1 second to accrue a stack, then on average the amount of damage is the same whether we launch at 1, or 3, or 5 stacks , so why wait for the 5th stack when we could launch sooner and average out the same amount of damage and benefit from LpFS sooner. Sorry for being long-winded here.

You can get 3 boulders off during physical.

Each stack grants the 5500% damage multiplier. When you consume all 5 stacks, you get 27,500%, which is more damage, yes, but also a bigger, better base for the the Bloodshed and AD procs. Launching boulders with fewer attacks will really hurt your damage output in density; as for fighting RG’s without adds, well, that may be a different story. I mean, you’ll be stacking Stricken with Charges anyway, so it might be better to drop your boulder as soon as you’re at full Fury if you don’t have smaller mobs to worry about.

1 Like

Well, remember that you now get 1 stack for each enemy hit by Charge. So, you Charge 1 time, through 5 enemies, you get 5 stacks. And, with the Charge: Stamina rune, we’ll also get at least 65 Fury from charging those 5 mobs (15 base + (10 * 5 mobs)). More, if you’re using an ability like the Animosity passive, or the Templar’s Inspire.

Assuming you’re hitting something with Charge, the least Fury you can generate per Charge is 25 (15 base + 10 from 1 target). That’ll also give you 1 R6 stack. The Fury pool sizes you might have are: 150 (base + paragon), 162 (+Pride of Cassius), 170 (+Animosity), and +182 (+PoC and Animosity). So, at 25 Fury per Charge, it will take 6-7 charges to fill your bubble, at which point you’ll also have 6-7 R6 stacks. Even if you count a bit of extra Fury generated from taking damage, casting WC + TS, using Animosity and/or Inspire, or refunds from Arreat’s Law, you are only rarely going to run into a situation when you’ve got a full Fury bubble, but not enough stacks.

Stacks will almost always generate faster (and be spent slower) than Fury, at least when using Boulder Toss.

Haha, you keep your STD away from me!

I think that in a push, against a no-adds RG, or a “summon adds below x% life” RG (Like Saxtris or Binder), you’ll want to start the fight by just stacking Stricken with Charge for a bit.

I see, this changes everything.

:laughing:,Who doesn’t love good STD!

@Free: We share the same passion for barb’s.

Barbed objects? Spears? Boulders that are, shall we say, tossed?

Hope they buff this and WT through the roof.

1 Like

Falter & warcry both fit if you want insta fury

Welp, still can’t get into the PTR. And, due to many other people experiencing the same thing, the set really hasn’t gotten much play yet.

But, a quick look at the leaderboards thus far and we can see it is underperforming. On Non-Season, we’ve got Arnosega’s 125, and Druzil’s 127, both at around 5k paragon. The top clear, by DeVo, is 130, but with 10k paragon.

Over in seasonal, the top clear without a bunch of extra legendary gems crammed into the armor is Blinxz’s 115, in 9:05, with about 850 paragon (but also 11 rank 100 augs, so around 2000 effective paragon).

None of these marks are very impressive.

I do really like how chaotic the gameplay is. With most other Barb builds, we are forming a nice neat pile, and then grinding that pile down at a fairly consistent rate. This is true both of builds like Rend, or LoD HOTA, where we can use Spear/Stomp to manually assemble that density, and “body-pull” builds like Leapquake or Frenzy.

This build is quite different. Your boulders break in a pretty irregular pattern, so it’s not as though you can stack a ton of mobs in one spot, Stomp to pack them tight, and then put all your damage right there. With enough extra damage, I think this could be a really interesting + different playstyle. Right now, though, it just feels wimpy, both in terms of killing your enemies, and staying alive yourself.

If only someone else, maybe two someones else, had not only crunched the numbers for a viable Boulder Toss build, but also theorized how to fix the build’s other problems. And if only it was, I don’t know, on a website or something.

:thinking:

6 Likes

from what I’ve seen it’s absolutely horrendous vs rift guardians with that has no adds. Not good for single target