Question on DR for Wizards

Disclaimer: I play on the Switch. However, I’ve been looking also at PC leaderboards for build ideas.

One thing I have noticed is with various builds both for GR 80-90 farming builds and GR100+ pushing builds is that people use very little items with DR and instead opt to use many more damage multiplier items.

I get the basic premise behind this. If you kill stuff before it kills you then what’s the point of DR?

I find though, that on GR100+, I often get instagibbed or there is at the very least VERY little room for error using the builds suggested.

Perhaps I am just really bad at the game or those top leaderboard players are relying on their higher Paragon/Main Stat to make up for lower DR.

I am still playing an old AO - Orbit build that I have adapted to newer items and update to older items and the main reason I like it is that you can more or less facetank things. The damage potential is quite low though.

My question is: how much DR is too much?

I always try to incorporate at the very least: Karini, Unity, Blur, Aquila and the set bonus DR, in all my builds that aim for T16/GR75 or higher.

Is this overdoing it? I often notice that as soon as I drop Unity or Aquila (or even Blur when I have space issues for passives) that I start dying a lot more.

Using the D3planner, what’s a good total DR % to aim for?