Question for the D2 die hards

It’s NOT okay to call me names. Though I can think of some fun ones with your name.

Who is trolling? Where did this come from? That was your quote there, pal. I didn’t even make an argument in my post let alone a strawman. I guess I said GD wasn’t D2 and you’re wanting to argue that?

Grim Dawn is more like D3 than D2.

Your whole thread is troll bait and you’re trying to start a fight now over literally nothing. Leave me alone.

Edit:

This thread has NOTHING to do with Diablo 3 or Diablo 4. Furthermore, why do you think Grim Dawn, a game you appear to like less than D3, would appeal to D2 fans? This thread should fall to the next page.

2 Likes

Grim Dawn is offline. Diablo 2 has online server support. It may be over run with bots at this point but you can at least to still socialize and party up with people from time to time.

1 Like

I do like Grim Dawn and prefer it over D3, but both of these lack PVP and Grim Dawn Multiplayer is just meh.
Right now my favorites are just PoE and GD, but for different purposes.
D2 i tried Path of Diablo mod which i liked last season but will probably not play it again.
D2 is indeed too old tbh, but that doesnt mean that the core game mechanics are bad.
I would really enjoy and would play the remaster but ill just stick to modern ARPGs just like the ones listed above.

1 Like

I played a bit to D2 lately, even though I spent countless hours on it years ago I just can’t hook on it anymore.
The D3 progression is smooth but too forgiving, I don’t spend on a lot of time on it since my favorite set item (Natalya) is no longer viable in team.
I played with every other DH set item but its really not my thing, so I work on a Monk to play support.

I was a D2 die hard until the flaws begun to bother me.
Time has come for me to take it easy with gaming until D4 comes out I guess

Have played Diablo 2 for 15 years. Its the only game that has my interest.

Now onto the cake. Why not play Grim Dawn? Because its a only a temporary enjoyment. The Files are not server side only. Its saved on your pc. Resulting no trading. No trading meaning it may be fun for a few months. But a game that has a open economy will last for years.

Its been proven. Look at Diablo 2. Open trading with no restrictions and a good pvp will make players loyal forever.

2 Likes

The only thing Diablo 2 proves is that its community stinks from top to bottom. Botters, hackers, dupers, cheaters, griefers, illegal profiteers and really bad trolls with zero game.

But thanks for the laugh.

1 Like

Tbh, I tried to play a while back, before it got its expansions. I didn’t really get into it. none of my friends played (which was a huge draw for playing Diablo II for me back int he day) and I didn’t really find my self attracted to any of the builds or characters.

I’m pretty invested into the Diablo story/lore at the point. I couldn’t really get that connection with Grim Dawn for whatever reason.

2 Likes

Meh played it my take? Over Rated👎Just like Diablo III

2 Likes

I have to say that of All the Diablo games Diablo III is the worst so far,Primarily but not only because it never lived up to it’s potential and I don’t care who thinks or believes otherwise.That’s not it’s only flaw however it’s the games worst flaw

4 Likes

Actually tho you’ll have to go back to when Diablo II was released a far better game than Grim Dawn is the Exp. to Titan Quest Titan Quest: Immortal Throne the Itemization is nice too and it’s a far better sequel to Diablo II than Diablo III

3 Likes

I might be late to the party. I did just start playing recently, and got the whole bundle for a song since it’s on summer sale.
I’m getting the benefit of playing far enough into the development cycle that it’s probably a lot more fun than at launch.

2 Likes

Honest question: why didn’t you post this in the correct forum?

Games & Technology

The place to talk about other games, discuss a console, or ask for PC hardware advice.

You are really one of the worst people in this forum. Joining a thread and just being completely toxic towards the whole community of a game.

If this BS toxicity goes on until D4 comes out, my biggest problem will probably be the community. I don’t ever want to play with people like you and there are a lot, who are just plain hating on people, for liking an old game.

8 Likes

You could say the same thing about all the D2 & D4 posts, since this is for D3.

No, because Blizzard encourages Diablo fans to give feedback about D4 in this forum… unfortunately, because I would also like to have a D4 forum and bypass some of the toxicity in here.

4 Likes

Look here my fellow comrade. We all are friends here in the community.
This game was released 20 years ago, A great accomplishment of what they had at that time on a game that still going strong.

Theres nearly a unlimited amount of tools at their disposal that they can implant straight from the start to prevent botting and cheating. Because theres a small group that does not like trading does not mean that majority dont. Because we like unrestricted trading and good pvp.

Trading and pvp is like a hobby like a dude that likes to collect muscle cars. and let me tell you thats a whole lot of people.

every one opinion counts bud

4 Likes

Funnily enough, I feel as though the majority of the above statement applies to D3. I guess the only thing that doesn’t apply is the duping, but that could be because no one felt the need figure that one out with how legendary/sets rain from the sky.

6 Likes

There is one thing in Diablo II you could do if you had the nerve and patience that you can do in no other Diablo game before or since and that’s play a Necromancer start to finish using only the wand the Nec started with in HC all the way to Guardian and yes it was risky and hard, And some of the people in my Clan did it, The Oldest Gaming Group Online a Group even Buzzard came to for advice The Amazon Basin ,It’s just too bad Buzzard didn’t listen too them about Diablo III

3 Likes

Well, I tried GD recently for the first time and can say while it kinda does play it’s somewhat a little bit boring for me. I didn’t play that much, maybe like 20 hours or so but somehow not tempted by it.

The only thing I really like about grim dawn is QoL features, this is a good bonus other than that somehow D2 is still better for me.

Of course, I guess I’m gonna need to play more of GD to make final evaluation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like both GD and TQ but it depends on personality, high probability to not be so good to other people :stuck_out_tongue: