Question about Vyr/Chantodo

I have a Vyrs/Chantodo build. Currently everything is augmented(low level) and decently rolled(57% cool down)
I have a question about the rotation. What I do in a GR is the following.
Go to a group of enemies, drop slow time, black hole to group them, use arcane torrent, proc Chantodo to 20 stacks, hit archon, get up to 100-150 stacks, rinse and repeat.
I have no problems with dying but it seems my damage is lacking severely. At a GR100 it takes me approximately 7-10 minutes depending on the map density.
How are people running 115-120 solo? Am I missing something?

You should be clearing 100s faster than that. Something like 5 minutes might be a more reasonable clear time at your paragon level.

I see a couple major issues with your gear. You’re massively lacking in crit chance. That’s very significant.

Looks like you rolled the crit chance off your gloves? Vyr’s gloves always have crit chance. That was a bad reroll. You should have rolled the vit off. Crit chance rolls high on gloves (up to 10%). If you can’t have both crit on gloves, it’s actually better to drop crit damage, since it rolls lower relative to other slots. You should either reroll the cdr back to crit chance or find new gloves. It’s too much of a damage loss the way they are rolled right now.

You’re also missing crit chance on your amulet and helm. Get a new helm with crit chance. You should also roll the cooldown reduction on your amulet to crit chance. You have enough CDR already, your amulet should be all damage stats. There’s too many good dps stats on amulet to justify taking CDR there. Ideal amulet roll is cold/crit chance/crit damage/socket. After that you’ll want either cold/int/crit damage/socket or int/crit chance/crit damage/socket. You want an amulet with one of those 3 rolls, at least for now. Roll the CDR on your current amulet to crit chance and call it done.

You won’t need as many CDR rolls on your gear (and can take DPS stats instead) if you bump up the CDR rolls you already have. Your Obsidian ring is the worst offender. That one should be easy to fix with a non-ancient. CDR on your shoulders is a bit low too, but that one is okay for now.

I would also question whether you are fighting enough density. With Vyr’s you really don’t want to hang around and kill off stragglers. You want all density all the time. More density = more stacks = more damage. At GR100 you can hang around to kill off lone yellows (they give good progression), but if there’s a handful of crappy white skeletons or something, move on.

If you make the changes I suggested and find you need more CDR, there’s a better place to get it: your other ring. You might find you have to give up a crit roll to get enough CDR, but you want to think about which slots it makes the most sense to do it. Crit rolls you should never give up: 10% CHC on gloves, 10% CHC on source, 10% CHC on amulet, 100% CHD on amulet. Crit stats roll higher on those slots. If you have to give up crit, it should be either in place of 50% CHD on gloves or 50% CHD/6% CHC on a ring. Those crit stats roll lower, so those are the ones you’d give up first. Roll the CDR on your amulet to 10% CHC and the CDR on your gloves back to 10% CHC (or just get new gloves). if you find you need more CDR, reroll the crit damage on your CoE to CDR. 10% CHC on amulet/gloves > 50% CHD on a ring.

You should also look for a better Obsidian ring. That one is ancient, but it’s garbage. Min stats for everything. A non-ancient with higher stats (e.g. something closer to 7/6/8) would be way better. The extra 250 int from the augment you have on there now is worth less than 1.5% CHC and 3% CDR. A non-ancient with higher stats would be better for you right now.

Ancient isn’t always better. Well-rolled non-ancients can often beat out poorly rolled ancients.

For GR100 you probably don’t need Slow Time, either. I’d probably just run teleport for a bit more mobility.

This is unrelated to your ability to clear rifts, but you’re also augmenting too low. It’s okay to do a set of lower level augments as a stepping stone to work up to higher ones, but GR50 is just way too low. If you can clear GR100 in 7-10 minutes, you should be augmenting 80s or 90s at a minimum. Augmenting 50s is a waste of time when you can clear GR100+ at a reasonable speed.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips, I have only been playing for around 3 weeks now, so I appreciate the advice. I did level 50’s because it was easier at the time.
If I drop the CDR from the build as you suggested and rolled for crit, how much more time would it take to get back to archon, as it is now, it’s almost instant. Thanks for the reply!

Ideally you want to time it so that you get Archon back the same time you hit 20 Chantodo’s stacks. That should be about 4-5 seconds. I find about 55% CDR (before Gogok) to make this line up nicely.

If you drop CDR off both your amulet and gloves, I think you’ll be a bit shy of that mark. That why I suggested you find an Obsidian ring with higher CDR and reroll your CoE to CDR.

Heyo, thanks again for the help. I have changed the Affixes you said Minus the helmet. Looking for one. Tell me what you think now. Also, CDR is now 53.7%
Noticed a nice boost in DPS.

Yeah that looks a lot better. That’s a decent spot to be in for CDR too.

Helmet is probably better the way it is for now, I don’t think you want to give up that vit roll. You’ll probably have survival issues if you roll the vit off your helm. I’d just keep an eye out for a new helm that you can roll to int/vit/crit chance/socket.

Why use that bracer with this build? Is a source considered a shield? I don’t understand what it boosts.

Shield is not considered as an item here.

It’s all about your skills/passive, like deflection rune on enchant weapon and galvanizing ward.
The bracers increase the shielding provided with those. Which helps a lot for archon build and gain some precious thoughness.

1 Like