Question about the followers

If you use a follower (I see some people still do not use them) do you want them to not die, or do you want them to have access to all of the skills? Should they change the 3rd relic to something else does anyone use that one? Equip on Follower: Reduce the cooldown of all Follower skills by 50%. Would combining all 3 relics into one be overkill?

I always run with the immortal relic. Any amount of skills is irrelevant if they aren’t alive to use them.

3 Likes

Depends when I find which one. I’ll use any of them if I happen to get it, but prefer the unkillable one. I often don’t waste resources reforging/upgrading the follower token so it all comes down to RNG.

I haven’t got a mutilation guard or esoteric leveled yet but since I’ve just been running speed 120’s lately for paragon, I’m thinking of switching to the 50% cooldown on the enchantress just for speeds once I get those gems right.

I here you can run 130 without the immortality one but I’d switch back to immortality for my 140 push.

But I’d like to use the 50% cooldown for faster reboot of her cheat death and quicker casts of her other abilities. I couldn’t use the all abilities one but her cc’s and attack speed increase would mess with Buriza’s proc rate and any attack speed increase with GoD and Buriza is a net loss in damage output not a boost.

I never thought of that. Good Idea.

According to Maxroll, it doesn’t work…

“Cooldown Reduction from Follower tokens work for all their active skills, but not for their cheat death procs.”

https://maxroll.gg/resources/follower-mechanics

3 Likes

If that’s the case, I’d still go for Cooldown reduction on account of her quicker casts of other skills.

Thanks for the heads up on that. :clap:

Honestly, if I could have a relic that makes them give their buff while they’re dead I’d use that because every second they are alive, they are a hindrance to me. The only reason I play with one is because of oculus, nemesis, flavor and unity.
So I play with invincibility token. It’s not like 10% something (at best) is gonna do much anyway.

Assuming you can keep her alive, all skills for Enchantress is pretty valuable. If your build can benefit from CDR and/or IAS it ends up being pretty useful.

10% CDR + 10% elemental
ranged/armor buff + 10% additive
6% IAS + cheat death

For Templar and Scoundrel you’d probably want the cooldown one (for more heals or more crit clouds).

The secret is it turns out that if your build uses Enforcer gem, your follower benefits from the 90% damage reduction. I guess they count as a “pet” for that purpose. It’s MUCH easier to keep them alive if you are playing a pet build.

I used the Enchantress with the all skills relic to push Typhon’s Hydra. I really wanted her IAS buff to hit a breakpoint (meant I needed 3 IAS rolls on gear instead of 4) but I didn’t want to give up her cheat death to do it. Her HP didn’t move at all in 138.

People have pushed 150 with followers without immortality relic. It’s fairly easy as long as you are playing a build that uses Enforcer and you give them decent gear. For non-Enforcer builds they’ll die too easy past GR120-GR130 I think though.

I forgot to switch her back when I switched to push a different build that didn’t use Enforcer and she died pretty much instantly.

1 Like

Depends on your build actually. I keep them at invulnerable token for constant crowd control and debuffs, but some builds just don’t want them to apply hard crowd control or any crowd control at all because that’d interfere their cast cycles for their own accord.

In that case it’s better for them to have all skill access so they can give you aggro when they get knocked down but that’s unreliable and too much work to build a proper Follower that won’t go down in one hit at high Greater Rifts. It’s always better to have them debuffs and minimal hard crowd control while keeping them invincible. Less effort and still the same result.

I do wonder though, if 50% cooldown reduction affects their cheat death ability. If that’s the case, then you would want 50% cooldown reduction token at high Greater Rifts and it’d even be viable to some degree.
I reckon Invulnerability token would still be best for pushing mid-high GRs so they’d never let go off of applying crowd control and allow you to score faster clears. All-skill access looks nice on paper but does it really worth compared to sustain of invulnerability and if applicable faster cheat death?

The 50% reduction works in the cheating of death yes, I use.

Yes, it’s true. Easy to test (in softcore). The countdown is reduced to 60 seconds. Somebody should inform Maxroll.