Question about Rares/Champions for achievements

I still need a few Rares and Champions to finish up some Hardcore achievements: No Time for Losers, The Trophy Life, Trophy Hunting and We Are the Champions.

Can I find these enemies in Rifts or Greater Rifts? Or do I have to go hunt them down specifically in their respective Acts out in the open world?

I asked clanmates and one said yes, one said no, the rest said they weren’t sure…

Depends on the enemy. There definitely used to be some that could not be found in rifts. A previous patch added some additional enemies to the rift pool, but I believe there are still some enemies required for the achievements that don’t spawn in rifts.

My recommendation would be to run a decent number of rifts until you only have a few monster types left, then hunt the zones they spawn in to finish the list.

2 Likes

This is EXACTLY how I went about it, and it reduced the pool significantly.

Only 3 (I think) left and I can finally put this game down. All that’s left for me (outside MP achievements, but I don’t count those) is these last pesky few HC elusive little mofos.

Then I can look forward to D4 in peace.

The tricky part is finding them in Campaign mode, but I don’t remember. Search for it because someone has it on their website.

Thanks so much! I tried googling it but failed to find anything even remotely current, which is why I came here to ask. Do you know of any site that actually has these listed out? I know Achievement hunting isn’t a huuuuuugely popular thing in D3, but goodness I wish there was a resource like wowhead or something similar that had detailed information and discussion for things like this.

There used to be some good sites I used. Problem is, most older D3 players finished those achievements ages ago, and I don’t know if anyone updated the old lists after additional enemies were added to the rift pool.

Although I guess the good news is that if you can find an old site that lists enemies that do/don’t spawn in rifts, I don’t think any enemies were removed from the rift pool, only added. So some of the enemies on the list that didn’t used to spawn in rifts might now, but you know any enemies that were listed as spawning in rifts before definitely still should now.

There’s definitely still lists kicking of non-rift zones where each enemy spawns, and those should still be accurate. Although I remember there being one pretty popular list that was for sure inaccurate, I think it’s this one: We Are the Champions - Diablo Wiki It’s been a while, but IIRC it lists enemies in zones where blues/yellows of that type cannot spawn. I think the best example I’m thinking of is Fallen Cur, I don’t think Champion Fallen Curs can spawn in Dalghur Oasis or Ancient Path, only in the fallen-type mob spawn in Storm Halls (there’s two types of mob spawns in Storm Halls, you’ll only get the Fallen Cur champion pack if fallen-type enemies spawn here). I seem to remember there were a few more like this on that list too. Don’t use that one (or the Trophy Hunting list on that same site)

EDIT: I remember there being a really good site I used to use, but I can’t seem to find it anymore. It might have been taken down.

EDIT2: This might be helpful for enemies that spawn in rifts: http://www.warpath.eu/mp.html

This looks like a good list for We Are the Champions and Trophy Hunting: Elite Monster Achievement Hunting Guide — DiabloHub

And this looks good for No Time For Losers: Achievement Guide: Stamp the Champs / No Time for Losers | Nephalem Notes
And the Trophy Life: Achievement Guide: A Rare Breed / The Trophy Life | Nephalem Notes

EDIT3: Oh also for the yellows, always wear/cube Nemesis bracers and click any shrines in the zones where the yellows you are hunting can spawn. There’s a chance the shrine will spawn the yellow pack you need.

If you’re on NA servers, join the Achievement Hunters community. It’s not as active as it used to be as many members finished their lists a long time ago, but a bunch of us still hang out there and might be able to remember some tricks or offer some advice on ones you are missing.

2 Likes

Oh, and if you don’t have Irreplaceable You yet (Act V Hardcore Uniques), everything on that list spawns as a bounty except for 4 uniques: Lacocious the Diseased, Phyneus the Growler, Razael The Feared, and Hyadures.

And the 3 Maidens of Flame, which only spawn in campaign. Those ones are trivial though, assuming you’ve ever run Campaign in HC you probably already have them.

1 Like

Thank you so so much TinneOnnMuin! I’ve been a member of that community for ages now, and they’re always super helpful. I’m down to my last four for Irreplaceable You (Lacocious and Razael of course, and two with bounties on their heads) and finally got a pair of Nemesis so that should help things along. <3