Question about not being able to post on other forum categories

After doing a little research, without a D3 PC license tied to your account you cannot post on most of the forum website. Is there anywhere that has given an explanation and/or reasoning for this?

I know Diablo has its roots in PC and is still largely a PC priority series, which is fine, but having been a longtime fan of the series and played D1-D3 I would like to participate in some of the discussions on D4 and other various topics in regard to game mechanics and whatnaught without having to buy a PC version of the game. I have D3 on the Xbox360 and XB1.

I get the need to separate console and PC discussions because there are some difference in the games, but what I don’t get is that without the PC license you can’t even join in on the forum categories like General Discussion, Community Creations, and Lore & Story. It seems like those categories are universal enough to not have to separate the fanbase using the forums, maybe that’s just me.

And to those wondering, the main reasons I never got the PC version are because for a while I didn’t have computer that would’ve handled D3 well and I love battle.net, but I was a little wary of always having to be online for PC (for any game unless it is an MMO). And lastly, I partially decided on getting the console version because of being able to play with some family and friends on the same screen.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

1 Like

i think it had something to do with some kind of verification IIRC. like, they can verify who you are from either in game or on the forums and you also have access to the blizz servers… where as consoles, anybody with a pulse can say they have D3 when they actually don’t and post on the forums with no verification (me)

1 Like

Yeah only console section is open without verification via Battle.net you have the PC version.

As soon as you have bought the game and use Battle.net you can then post in the game forum.

Console D3 doesn’t need this thus we can ONLY post in here and the Console Bug forum.

I was not aware of this. I have vanilla D3 on PC but RoS on PS4. My bnet account was set up years ago on PC

The verification process makes sense, though I wonder if there are any viable ways Blizzard could allow more players to participate for least a couple of the more generic forum categories. I don’t know how long or what kind of resources/manpower it would take for Blizzard to set up, but I’d be fine with linking my Xbox Live account to my blizzard profile.