Question about god dh after nerf

1. is it still better to have more area damage? i mean do you still have to get as more area damage possible?
  2. does it still deal insane damage to missle dempening elites or not anymore?
  1. The nerf doesn’t affect area damage priority. You still want it equally as before. See this thread for discussions: Is area damage still > average damage?
  2. Missile dampening elites are not good anymore. Illusionists are also very bad now. The arrow hits a maximum number of 5 times (4 pierces + final hit) and you will reach that automatically with just a few monsters.
2 Likes

thanks Iria. ppl been pushing lately with trapped instead of stricken, is it really better? no need to use stricken on RG?

The Stricken gem was used to help deal with the bosses in high GRs when they would take a very long time to kill otherwise. For example, when I did GR140 nonseason before the nerf, I needed Stricken to kill the boss in under 4 minutes. However, now that I can barely clear GR130-132, the boss’s health is about 20-25% as much as before so the Stricken gem isn’t needed.

Furthermore, GoD DH can now use Squirt’s Necklace and have the Flavor of Time on their follower, and the boss fight is generally when you can avoid taking damage the easiest to keep the Squirt’s bonus active.

Edit: another way to look at the nerf is that it severely impacted trash clearing capabilities so that single target damage relatively seems stronger.

4 Likes