QoL - Let us call our follower

Just curious to see if others have found a workaround or would also like to see this implemented. Basically, if at all possible, I’d love to have the ability to call the follower “to heel.” Nothing complicated, just a single command that makes the follower teleport/run to our toon, ignoring the mobs around.

The reason for that is that when I’m bringing groups of trash together or taking an elite into another group of trash, I often find that the follower decides to make a stand at a choke-point. In doing so, he (I mostly use the Templar) prevents the mobs from following until I get far enough that the follower teleports to me and all the mobs just get left behind, at this point too far out to actually follow. Needless to say, especially for melee, non-elite hunting builds, this makes for a rather frustrating waste of time (and stacks in some cases) as one ends up running back and forth struggling to achieve what should be a simple pull.

2 Likes

What’s that, you want to call the enchantress to heel? Have you been reading 50 shades of grey?

I agree this would be a good feature. Something that works for pets too.

One workaround I found is working out the length of the invisible leash, and using that to call the follower to you by running away from him/her. It’s not perfect, but it’s better than nothing.

Works with pet builds too.

3 Likes

So much this. Being a long time WD pet user…you eventually get a very good feel for how long that leash is. Pets scattering to the winds while the elite mashes on you? Pull back a few paces to resummon your posse and the elite will follow.

2 Likes

Yep! I’m sure most who have played a pet build know this pain. :rofl:

1 Like

There is a reason why Garg is called Potato… :wink:

At first, I thought this was a typo and you meant “to heal”. Reading on, I believe you actually mean “to heel”, which I think is a good idea and could apply to any Follower.

I run mostly with the Enchantress and don’t really have an issue with her. She “heels” naturally. Although sometimes, if she doesn’t have a clear line of sight on an enemy, she’ll run around a corner or into a room to get the shot. But, then she’ll run back behind my Character and continue casting her Skills.

Blizzard could possibly correct the issue with Followers getting “stuck” a screen away by just closing the gap between them and our Character. That is to say: Make it so the Follower teleports to our Character sooner. Doing this would save us (players) from having one more button to push.

1 Like