[QoL] Forum needs a MUTE function

The trust levels encourage scrolling through threads without reading just to unlock the ability to make links to domains that should already be in the TL2 trusted site list.

1 Like

Not the brightest bulb on the tree, are you?

2 Likes

Were you standing in front of a mirror when you typed that? I’m perfectly capable of having a civil, rational conversation and a laugh with anyone.

Your entire post history (old and new) consists of you antagonizing & shooting people down every single time.

Pots & kettles, stones & glass houses, you know how it goes. :kissing_heart:

You claim it would be nice to be able to mute, yet you call me a whiner for requesting that same feature you would want. It’s called “self-pwning”.

So yep, my bulb’s brightness is fine, unlike yours.

Also can’t help but :laughing: after seeing the two people who “liked” your not-very-bright post. GRhornytoad and Steve, two of the most-likely-to-be-muted people on pretty much everyone’s list.

1 Like

Citation needed. QED

Fun fact: Even when there was ignore, none of the biggest fanboys of D3 seemed to ignore me. Pretty funny you suggest a feature that you yourself would likely not utilize. You just can’t help yourself.

Quite hilarious all this whining about bad faith and grey areas. Sounds like many feel that anything negative is automatically in bad faith even if it might be an honest opinion. In reality this is trying to defend a phoney right not to be offended in suggesting that a fanboy safe space be constructed.

In my opinion, the players psychotic and OCD enough to reach TL3 should in no way be allowed to do these things.

2 Likes

@Stone,
Had to give you a like. Not for the OCD part, but I am not sure what anmated gifs add to the conversation.

2 Likes

Even when the old forums had an ignore function I never used it because I’d much rather judge posts on their content than on who wrote them. Besides, if someone’s genuinely being offensive, I’d rather they get seen, reported and permanently removed than covering it up.

1 Like

Yeah well in a perfect virtual Utopian world, this wouldn’t be an issue.

Wasn’t too bad in the first couple weeks. I guess the mods were trying to impress us lol. Looks like they gave up on that soon afterwards.

and that is what i ask for years now, including his posts ofc.
-for sure, an OP himself must be able to protect his own thread this way.
-he doesn’t have to ‘react’ to improper posts, where his reaction can be flagged by the clickbaiters…

yes, but only for the disliker.
-noone should be able to make a poster unseen for others.

no, that’s the big mistake: who claims if a post is valid. about 5-10 people on the forum, it seems. because those 5-10 are always the same that popup instantly in my threads and flag it to deletion if i keep posting, or they get it deleted anyway by breaking this CoC on-TOPIC off-OP rule:

‘Please remember to be kind and courteous on the forums.’
-i got informed that the reason for deletion doesn’t have to be the OP at all.

Agreed, although we know that some have called others trolls just because the don’t agree with them. Like the forums are a one person posts and everyone agrees or is instantly a troll.

While true it only works if everyone else does the same. If they don’t and feed the trolls then they will still be around and I think that is what the other one is saying outside of having the moderators do their job.

For his idea to work it would take everyone posting to put the same exact posters on mute in order for it to work and that is not likely gonna happen. So somebody is likely to feed the trolls.

I somehow just reached TL3 and I am neither OCD nor psychotic.
You won’t see those things from me even though I am now allowed to post them.
Back on topic: Is it really that hard to ignore posts from those people that annoy you? Just sit on your hands and resist the urge to reply.

1 Like

You can do this with Adblock. I can show you exactly how if this is not against the forum rules, but first I want confirmation about that from a mod.

I have to ask…

If you mute anyone that you disagree with or don’t like, who are you going to talk to? Just curious.

Game on.

Right now? Everyone but Skelos.

Actually my list is not that big. I’d say there’s only about 5-6 people I’d mute straight away. I only mute habitual pests, not people I simply have a difference of opinion with.

There’s always room 4 more tho.

You know what happens when you don’t bother embedding youtube vids properly even though you’re more than TL1? Huh???

You know what happens when you force me to CLICK the link to open another tab so I can simply see what it is? Hmm???

1 Like

i’ve 13 posters in my notification blocker;
-i would mute them from all threads, including mine.
-i like debates and disagreement; not trolls, clickbaiters or brutes.

Why are you saying this, you think it’s not possible to be done with Adblock? It’s actually pretty easy and most forum posters would be able to replicate the code successfully. My forum look for example is nothing like yours since I am an expert Adblock user and Mozilla modder.

However, sharing such information may be against the forum rules (if some days pass without a mod saying anything we should consider it is not against the rules I guess).

[quote=“MissCheetah-1661, post:12, topic:2311, full:true”]
As for moderators vs trolls - the Mods are a team who cover every single Blizzard game, not specifically one title. [/quote]

now if only we had people who are paid to interact with the community, they could be called things like community managers or community team. and no im not saying nev should spend her day moderating the forums but it would be nice to see her once in a while do something other than say she’s working on yet more blog posts.

Actually I only do that with my tagline. Have to admit though, it could have been worse, right? lol

Game on.