Pushing with WW

Hey all. I’m not new to barbarians, was the first character I played when moving from D2 to 3, was my class of choice in D2 as well but I’m not but into mechanics and math, I just play the game. I never was able to get high at all in GR’s with WW, I hate charge barb play style but recently finished a GR 101 on season with WW…barely. I lucked out on my season barb and got a primal morticks dropped, then on the 3rd roll I got a primal BK sword…then 2 days later got the other primal BK sword dropped during a bounty run. With all this, I still only squeaked by on the 101. I noticed lots of posts say WW is dependent on fishing for mass density, I always do GR’s and finish them, never quit to remake. Is there a catch to the sheet damage I have at 2.6mil which is more damage than my LoD blessed sander yet can’t go near the GR level?

Well. To be honest. You can’t compare sheet damage between builds. And ww works great in density. Such a against a rg.

And a Lon blessed sader has like 488472658 more multipliers then ww. Or at least multipliers that make a difference.

A season I did WW I saw a WW barb clear a 106 on the leaderboard and I was surprised. He was doing max attack speed even using lacuni prowlers bracers. I didnt do very well but collect gear to make t13 farming easier and quicker with WW. I have since gone to IK HoTA and I love it. So that seems to be the only info I have.

Edit: If you cannot survive maybe switch in esoteric legendary gem and aim at phys resist on gear. Might just need to keep practicing with the correct builds though.

Yeah, I have IK Hota build as well and is fun and pretty powerful, at least easier to kill small groups/single target versus WW. I just have a fond attachment to WW ever since D2.

With the current ww builds (core zodiac and captain crimson) both require alot of paragon and using spear to group mobs. Because WW barbs use teaguk we get progressively tankier above other builds that do not use the gem. This allows for more dps stats the higher paragon we get. It is the only way to be competitive with the other barb builds. Also WW has the biggest requirement to fish for the right maps/mobs/pylons and placement of them. Alot of the fishing will be resolved with new changes coming in season 19.

Hi Grim. Welcome to the forums!

Thing about WW is the way it deals damage. WW divides its damage over “ticks,” which means that no single strike with WW deals its full skill damage. Instead, it divides its damage by 3. Over the course of a rift, the real damage comes from Bloodshed and AD procs if you’ve grouped enough density.

At the same or lower Paragon level, WW is weaker than every other Barb build–until you hit 3k Paragon, where it starts to even out and take the lead over all other builds except R6 HOTA and Vile Charge. Upcoming PTR changes may drastically change this.

As others have pointed out, sheet damage is meaningless.

Well, that’s not really the correct way to push GRs. If you want continued success with WW, you’ll need to fish.

For more info, check the stickied guide in this forum.

I see. I have tried the rage flip skill, currently not good at it. My paragon right now is 1500 but I do not do group playing as I have only ran into childish behavior (calling me newb or booting me out) as I don’t have the proper build to run with it. I am pleased I at least ranked like 600 something though on WW so can’t complain :yum:. Thanks for the info.

Rage Flip is required. Learn to use it, because there is no better skill for grouping density.

WW is not for group play. If you want to play in group GRs, you’ll need to play an acceptable class/role.

Thanks! I will continue to grind and hone my skills with the flip skill. Would be ashamed to let my primals be used by someone who can’t hit higher on the board with them lol.

Right on! Good luck with the pushes!

Spin to win!