Pursists should have minimal influence on D2R

I actually think that noobs should have minimal influence in d2r.

3 Likes

Purists should have the most influence on D2R because keeping it close to D2 is what it’s all about.

3 Likes

The word “purist” makes me giggle. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I was seeing your argument until you said new act 6, and pvp arena. Do we want D2R turned into D4? That is what your suggesting. It sounds like your just bored of D2 playing it 25K hours, and want a different game.
D4 is coming why dont you just wait? A lot of people dont want D4 they want the old D2, and that is what this remaster is for. At a point of enough huge drastic changes its not D2 anymore. None of the people that made D2 are here to add more stuff either.

3 Likes

The ones who want to see the game improved are clowns? Or you prefer baal runs 9000 times like a drone? This clown is delusional.

I may keep my game just for rights to post here and piss you and others off even if I dont play it.

ye clowns wants things like

i’d rather baal until end of times! but for u we have Poe how would this sound? BB

Money is the reason D2 got a remaster and maybe desperation on blizzard’s part lets not forget that.

We where all asking for it for years and we got the shaft they did it now because they are running out of options and they think it will improve sales of D4.

At least try to keep it real please :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, Boutus, knock it off. And put your mask back on like a good little boy. Lol

Edit: and before anyone gets all mad, I’m just having fun with boutus and the stupid political stuff in a gaming thread. The forums are so tense lately.
Resume your pitchforking ------E

This is a correct sighting of the deep, and complex motivations of Blizz in making D2R. Based on battle.net 1.0 numbers, I can’t really see a business case for the game.

Many factors are feeding into this - that have nothing to do with the notion that “purists,” whatever that is, are the reason for D2R.

Some of the reasons D2R were released now could include (in various degrees of contribution):

1. Blizz is facing serious, existentially-threatening litigation. The company is in a fiscally-defensive position due to this

2. D:I was pushed into next fiscal year. D4 was pushed out even further. No financial relief coming from either of those any time soon

3. Acquiring VV means those devs (et al) need to learn the Diablo milieu and prepare to take over D4

4. These new guys need training. Training costs money. Creating a title that can generate revenue now will contribute to the bottom line.

5. Blizz 3rd quarter numbers must be looking terrible. Remembering that missing a revenue goal gets you fired next year, missing a profit goal gets you fired this quarter. They needed a title that could turn a quick profit at very little cost to them

6. The people on the legacy D2 servers were costing Blizz money, more of an irritant than an incentive.

So, we have a situation now that Blizz can train its staff, and get us to pay for it. And there really was no where else it was making money.

And these are the reasons D2R was made. The few hundred non-bot players messing around on battle.net had very little, if anything, to do with it.

1 Like

Simply put if people want changes they can go and play mods of original D2.

Great way to start discussion.

1 Like

ill be laughing in your face at launch day. poor guy all change requests denied

1 Like

Get back with us in a few months. Let us know how it’s working.

we will see how eager for big changes they are when everything is met with big backlash from the core community.

your side of the isle will shrink week after week as your tourist friends are leaving for other titles. Now is the best time to push for change during the casual tourist hype close to launch. Yet got nothing done.

Not sure why the confrontational approach. Just a game. People can see things differently. The game has drifted far from it’s early days’ promise of no changes. Devs intimating they’re not afraid to take on even more.

The WSG fix should demonstrate they’re not afraid to tackle sacred cows. And they should be. Face it, if they stayed with 1.14, you’d see a battle.net that quickly resembles the old battle.net, with a few hundred, low thousands of players, most of which are bots.

The novelty of improved graphics will quickly wear off. Then we’re back to the status quo ante. Attracting new blood, to quote the Countess, is probably a good thing.

i give it 2 months and 50% of the changes crowd left for the new battlefield and new world.

whats their incentive to upset the long time playerbase for people that are gone in a few months and that allready payed for the game. we will see.

so far, the purists are getting the game that was promised. No official statement on wsg we will see what happens at launch.

without social welfare loot i reckon we will have the game to us quick enough.

And if they do, and Blizz decides not to patch D2R, will you be happier then? Eventually, Blizz will orphan the code, as they did with the holy writ that is 1.14. The only question is when.

Chasing off new players is the best way possible to bring that day more forward in time.

D2R’s longevity shouldn’t be stymied by new players bias.

2 Likes

It shouldn’t? Perhaps. But, it will…

Why do you think the devs have made any changes at all, other than more lipstick on the pig? And they continue to do so, and advertise they will keep on making changes.

D2R’s community shouldn’t be stymied by the purists.

Is those “purists”, It is because of them we are getting this remaster.

1 Like