Purpose of linking Nintendo Switch/battle.net accounts?

I linked my accounts successfully but I just get “profile unavailable” on the website. I’ve logged into the game many times in the 4 days since I linked them. I am failing to see the purpose of this link functionality, is there something else I am missing here?

Your profile will never show up, unless you have the PC version of the game.

The former reason to link up with battlenet was to receive stuff, but that was done away with. Technically there is no reason to. Forum mods and such say its to help find your account better, but honestly i don’t see any reason why you should have to link your account if they can’t truly verify you like they can on PC.

For PC players, hero data is held on Blizzard’s servers so the profile webpages can pull the information from the back-end database to display what we’ve got equipped.

For console players, hero data is held locally on the console so there’s nothing for the website to pull the back-end data from.

Thanks so much for the replies. I can stop trying to figure it out now. This is really a bummer. How am I supposed to impress all the ladies at work during the day if I can’t show them my sweet gear? Guess I gotta bring my Switch along.

1 Like

D3planner . Com is good