Public Test Real

I’ve only played the PTR once several seasons back. So, I’m requesting a refresher. When I copy an existing character, will I keep my paragons? If I create a new character, will I get the same gons as my others?

If there’s anything else I need to know, please.

Best,

J

When you perform a Live-To-PTR copy, you select a source region (i.e. US, EU or Asia) and it copies all of your heroes from that region to the PTR server. On the PTR, Season 25 has ended so all of your current, live seasonal heroes will become non-seasonal on the PTR. All the items that were in your seasonal Stash will be in your non-seasonal emails. Your non-seasonal and seasonal XP will be amalgamated and your non-seasonal paragon will be set to match the new XP total. If you want to test season-specific stuff, you’ll need to make a fresh seasonal hero on the PTR.

However, the live-to-PTR copy function is currently broken, and awaiting updates from Blizzard as to when that will be fixed.

So, if you go ahead and create a seasonal hero on the PTR now you need to be aware that if you do a live-to-PTR copy later (once they fix it) this actually overwrites whatever you have on the PTR with what’s being copied from live, i.e. it will overwrite any PTR seasonal heroes you’re currently working on.

2 Likes

Thanks for this. It’s much appreciated.

J

Currently get error code 30002 when trying to start a game in the PTR mode. Happens with both Seasonal or non-seasonal characters and it does not matter if using NEW or a COPY of a character as it shows up on the character list.

2 Likes

Blizz is aware of the problem and working on a fix. Also, post PTR bugs on the appropriate forum.

1 Like