PTR Thank you for ALL of the DH, Necro changes!

Why are you jumping into DH/Nec thread to remind us all about the barb misery? Thats over with, you have WW/Rend, and now have frenzy with 2.6.8 .
DH while have a bit more useful builds seldom participated in multiple-player GR’s. I know this from playing barbs and DHs for 19 seasons. I look forward to Necro changes also. :yum:

Why are you defending a false statement, when it’s simply not true. I was here reading and read that comment, in which is incorrect. Barbarian is in fact, the class that has gotten the least amount of improvement before the ww/rend and now the new set. That is a fact and you can read it all over this forum. Just cause Dh didn’t get anything this patch does not mean it’s the most screwed class. There is a difference and I am done here. No need to argue this just cause you wanna argue about Dh. There is a difference in “Dh needs something” and “Dh is the most screwed class”. Learn it.

2 Likes

My original> I think blizzard will pay more attention to what ever is cresting the leaderboards than what they really need to do for classes that need help the most. Its sorta a popularity contest with the most active and most vocal.

your reply> And my fact still remains. Saying Dh is screwed longer than any other class is incorrect.

my post> Especially if you consider there is no zDPS build for DH!

That was a joke but also pointed out that Barbs did have a work around for multiplayer.
So when did I reiterate Dpastern comment to you? Huh?

I am wondering why you need to over emphasis Barb had tough love where now the topic is about only DH and Necros by Jumpmans post?

I am wondering what delusional world you live in. How about you read the comments.
Might need to go reread this thread. You are way lost.

3 Likes

Um your facts are false. Barbs are just the biggest, loudest community of them all so they actually ended up with the most changes out of everyone.

Since you think BARBS have been shafted for so long lets break down the history of what classes got actual skill or item changes based on facts that are on the D3 website. Excluding Nurfs.

Patch 2.0.4 = Crusader, DH, Monk, WD, Wizard, and BARB changes

Patch 2.0.5 = Crusader, DH, Monk, WD, Wizard, and BARB changes

Patch 2.0.6 = Monk changes

Patch 2.1.0 = Crusader, DH, Monk, WD, Wizard, and BARB changes

Patch 2.1.1 = Crusader and WD changes

Patch 2.1.2 = DH, Monk, WD, Wizard, and BARB changes

Patch 2.2.0 = Crusader, DH, Monk, WD, Wizard, and BARB changes

Patch 2.2.1 = Monk, and BARB changes

Patch 2.3.0 = Crusader, DH, Monk, WD, Wizard, and BARB changes

Patch 2.4.0 = Crusader, DH, Monk, WD, Wizard, and BARB changes

Patch 2.4.1 = Crusader, DH, Monk, WD, Wizard, and BARB changes

Patch 2.4.2 = Crusader, DH, Monk, WD, Wizard, and BARB changes

Patch 2.4.3 = Crusader, DH, Monk, WD, Wizard, and BARB changes

Patch 2.5.0 = Crusader, DH, Monk, WD, Wizard and BARB changes

Patch 2.6.0 = Necro (newly added) no other specific class changes

Patch 2.6.1 = Necro, Crusader, Monk, WD, Wizard and BARB changes

Patch 2.5.0 = Crusader, DH, Monk, WD, Wizard and BARB changes

Patch 2.6.4 = Necro, Crusader, DH, Monk, WD, Wizard and BARB changes

Patch 2.6.5 = Necro, Crusader, DH, Monk, WD, Wizard and BARB changes

Patch 2.6.6 = Crafted Sets/Items for all class changes, and a specific BARB change Mortick’s Bracer’s.

Patch 2.6.7 = Crusader, Monk sets added and BARB changes

Patch 2.6.8 = WD, and Wizard class sets added and BARB changes again

We have a total of 22 patches listed on D3’s patch history website (Necro had 4 out of 8 patches) This is the TALLY of all classes and how many patches each class benefited from. I also added the % to equally add the necro into this statistic.

Barbarians = 19 patch cycles (86.36%)

Monk = 18 patch cycles (81.81%)

WD = 17 patch cycles (77.27%)

Wizard = 16 patch cycles (72.72%)

Crusader = 16 patch cycles (72.72%)

DH = 14 patch cycles = (63.63)

Necro = 4 (of 8 patches) = (50%)

Based on the actual patch history since patch 2.0.4 it appears that Barbarians have been given WAY more attention and given more changes in more patches than any other class.

As you can see DH and Necro have received the least amount of attention based on patch history and instead of addressing this, blizzard doubled down with new sets for all classes and threw the most ignored classes to the very end.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/game/patch-notes/
5 Likes

This has nothing to do with whom got what. What you list here also consist of small / nothing gamechanging patches.
Dh got the multishot love. It got impale. While Barbarian got nothing for 3 years almost, outside of small things that did nothing for the class in a HackNslash gamemode.

And besides, Necromancer was not even out in some of the patches you list. Hence the number will be smaller.

I don’t say that Dh and Necromancer shouldn’t get anything. But saying that they are the most screwed classes when 1, they got more from the patches they’ve got than Barbarian EVEN if they did not recieve for more patches than Barbarian and 2, they at least had some viable dps options.

So your list is flawed. Some patches was only to either remove something from Barbarian or reduce/rework something either for zdps or small changes that practically did nothing.

You can’t just sum up patches and whom got what and say “well Barbarians got more patches”, when you don’t count in WHAT they got.

3 Likes

No your argument is flawed. Barbs have gottent the most attention from the patches out of any other class. Just because they are crap changes, to you or to others, doesn’t negate the fact that the developers tried to make your class better. What your really arging is about the direction the class wants to go vs how the developers wanted the class to go. You also proved the point of my thread. Like you and I, most would rather have 2-3 good sets, vs new sets being added that are just adding to the junk pile.

The problem is that blizzard should be releasing them all at once instead of ignoring the two most ignored classes in the game DH, Necro and making them wait till summer or fall of 2020 for changes. Blizzard really wants to make these players feel even more shafted, ignored to the point its worthless to even try and speak out because other classes that are getting attention keep telling us to shut up and wait our turn. Well guess what, staying quiet and waiting our turn has caused us to have the least amount of changes for most of the game (outside of necro that started with patch 2.6.0)

You really think that changes for a zdps role is “something to make it better”?
Or the remove of Morticks brace?
Or nothing for an entire set like Raekor with the buggy charge mechanic?
Why do you think people, before the rend/ww change, was going crazy about Barbarian class? THey made around 2-3 long posts about them not recieving anything relevant for almost 3 years. No one could see anyone at Blizzard making a slight better change for Barbarian until those changes came along. Just cause they patch it does not mean it was meant to make the class better at all.
Again, your post is flawed cause 1, Necromancer was not out yet for some of them and 2, the changes the Barbarian class got was not “trying to improve the class”.

5 Likes

I just want to say. Iloled at the “Barb’s are the loudest community”… Because you know… Shouts…

7 Likes

Look when I was saying evidence I was stating where they said for Season 20 we will be giving the Necro and DH their sets. They didn’t say that instead they said what you quoted which was DH is in the near future.

I highly doubt that somewhere around May as when we see the DH and Necro would be anything else but near future. Just the DH was mentioned not the necro.

This could be what near future would mean to them. Remember their soon or Blizz soon is nothing like what the word really means.

Look the Classic Team is the one working on this game. They have a lot on their plate outside of D3. They also have Warcraft 3: Reforged, along with other titles that could even grow over time.

This means don’t expect the same amount of changes and additions as a full team of developers with a AAA budget that is still supporting a game that isn’t in maintenance mode in Classic’s hands.

Look if I want to compete against others for a spot in the leader boards I will not be worrying about me playing the strongest class in the game. You do realize that there always will be a class and build that is the strongest. You never will get away from it. Even if you had only a 1 GR’s difference in strength you will still have players feel like they are forced to play that class because of their need to play the strongest. That is what happens in games like this one.

That means that I would compete using the class that I want to in a season if I cared about being number one on the leader boards. Otherwise why have all of other classes leader boards and just truly funnel everyone into the same strongest class and build by having only one set and one class that can be played or rebirthed per season. That wouldn’t make any sense at all.

They will also be led by the data that they posted. If some classes are under performing then they will buff those classes. While nerfing the classes that are over performing.

What about the many seasons with Rat Runs being the meta. Tell me Necros weren’t wanted in multiplayer then.

No he is right, if the changes where so small that they didn’t really make a big impact to the game. Then the barbs would be the ones that didn’t get that much loving. All because the devs thought that barbs were in a good spot.

5 Likes

If thats what near future means, then they lied. That is not the definition of near future. Near means Near, that doesnt mean next year or 10 months later.

Actually being apart of the meta does matter. As a DH if you want to compete on the DH leaderboards you can in the first few weeks, but after that you have to join the meta or loose your spot when all the players who played the meta and farmed up their paragons at 4x the rate you do then simply pass you up with ease on the leaderboards.

No he claimed barbs have gotten the least amount of attention. That was not infact true and that is why his argument was flawed.

Your arguing about whether those changes are good changes or not, that again is an entirly different argument. Your argument is against the developers for wanting to go one direction with barbs, while you guys want to go another direction. That once again doesnt mean that barbs doesnt get the most attention and again based on the facts BARBS have gotten the most changes, whether or not they are changes you like doesnt matter. The facts are facts and barbs benefited the most by getting the most changes througout all the patches more than any other class. You can hate the changes all you want, it doesnt mean that they are neglected. I hated the tal rasha and firebird changes, but just because I didnt agree with them doesnt make them not valid changes or not getting the developers attention. Instead i moved onto my other favorite class, DH.

No. I claimed that the comment of “Dh is the most screwed class” is incorrect, since it is the Barbarian class. There is a difference from the word “attention” and “screwed”.
There is also a difference in “getting patches” and “getting something that is valid to the genre HacknSlash”.
Just cause there were patch notes and changes for Barbarian, does not mean they are great or trying to improve the class. In fact, they recieved nerfs and removed item.
You might need to research a bit.

2 Likes

I have researched and been around. I also never included nurf’s or removals in the stats. DH has been the most screwed class and again your arguing symantics. the facts are the facts. Barbs got the most attention, I dont care if its changes you dont like, the still got the most and DH got the least. I’d be happy with a 50% increase in anything for DH, but instead all we get is Zero changes making us the most screwed class of them all outside of Necro.

1 Like

How about you read before continuing.
1, your list consists of patches pre Necromancer release = false list.
2, you list every patch, when there were something for each class in the patch notes, good or bad. Which means both removale of morticks brace, nerfs. etc.

And 3, the argument was “most screwed”, not which class was on the most patch notes list. There is a difference. Huge one.

You also argue that Blizzard was going for “making it better”, when they are known to not listen nor actually do this ( see WoW as well ).
Hence why many Barbarians were rallying up to complain.

Again, if you want to discuss a subject, at least have your facts right.
Screwed is not = most attention.
Most attention does not mean = best changes/benefits at all.

1 Like

If you read my post I actually account for that.

once again if you read it you would have read that I also account for that. I included a class in the notes if they class got a class specific item added, changed, or their class skills/runes were changed. I accounted for it all.

Again you never read my post right. Getting the most screwed is exactly my point. We got the least amount of patch change. Not once did I talk about the quality of the changes, or the builds. I just argued the fact that DH has gotten the least amount of changes outside of Necro which I also account by deviding the number of patches the necro was in, with the number of patches since the necro release to get to 50%.

Facts are facts. Your in my thread trying to put down other classes for wanting the same attention. The reason why your so vocal is because my thread points out how much attention the Barbs are getting which looks bad to those players so i understand your frustration. Being screwed means exactly that, we are screwed because we are now on the 3rd patch with zero changes. Thats called being Screwed. No where did I mention that being screwed mean (quality builds) i never said that and thats not the issue. The issue is that DH gets the least amount of attention and my facts prove that. You can continue to say the changes are crap all you want, but the fact prove that Barbs have received more patch changes than any other class in the game. Thats a fact.

3 Likes

Even when Monk and Crusader got thier new sets they didn’t do anything to their other sets/builds. Even when the community has pointed out that certain builds needs a buff, nothing. We ask for a fresh home-style pizza and they give us mini frozen pizza bagels…

2 Likes

No , you didn’t. You took earlier patches before Necromancer and never took out the patches that did not do anything for the classes. Just cause there is a patch for a class, does not mean it benefits from anything.

Where did I write about this?
Please provide a quote from me, stating this.
The one being frustrated here is you. I did not come “Into your thread”, this thread belongs to this forum. Not you.

Again… Please read… Just read…:
The one recieving the most patch notes is NOT equal to the least screwed class.
Seriously, this has been told to you around 3 times by now.
Necro has been the main dps and zdps / 2 roles, for as long as it’s been out.

And again, I URGE you to either use google translate or spend more than a minute to read this :
The more patch notes you have recived for a class is NOT equal to least screwed class.
And the fact is, I replied to someone else, not you, stating this. And cause ( yes ) you are frustrated, does not mean you need to lie about me.
Never have I stated that Dh or Necro should NOT recieve anything. Never had I stated that more patch notes = less screwed class.

And for the last time, do read.

Furtermore, Necro was released later than your list shows. Which means more patch notes, which means a higher number other classes had a chance of recieving patch notes.
And again, patch notes are NOT equal to a change in a class. That could contain , removale of items, nerfs. This was NOT calculated in your list and you make an excuse of “well Blizzard do try to make classes better”, when in fact, they are not. Not always.
Read about WoW and the imbalance of dps classes there. Read in here about how people give FREE tips to balance out classes. And they even used numbers and facts from the game itself.
Waiting on those quotes you got from me stating I am trying to put down other classes.

3 Likes

Yep the 2.6.5 rapid fire sin seeker/Wojahnni Assaulter tweaks didn’t even qualify as table scraps you feed your pet. Its was back in 2.6.4 was most changes (all classes)

Strange. Cause rapid fire build came 1 on the list.

2 Likes

Pretty much reading this post about DH and necros, is just a bunch of impatience. Be happy that they are making new sets and make more builds viable. Obviously there will be a cookie cutter build, but be happy more builds are appearing. Patience is a virtue don’t be up set you classes was the last to get new sets, accept the change and maybe try a new class out.

1 Like