Ptr servers down

Don’t replace the N in your name with a D. Joking about Covid is out of line.

1 Like

That’s my only real com[plaint is that by the time they fix it we will only get to play for maybe a few hours. Its not just for finding flaws, we are giving them a service that they actually had to pay people for a decade or so ago, hence Game Testers wanted ads. They pay us by letting us preview new stuff but its a raw deal when you depend more time down than you do up. Some of us have busy lives and cant play videogames at will, such as myself and gaming has been a part of my life for 30 years now. I love it and will play until my eyes give up, but man these situations do suck.

3 Likes

Strange, maybe you are not trying hard enough. You should try to

and log in more frequently. I do think the error is on your side. Once you make it , there are Rainbowgoblins and Cosmic Wings everywhere

Looks like I’m back on my “PTR console” this morning. Multiple socketed items, 9000+ paragon, trillions dps, 90k mats etc. PTR what PTR?!? Lol. Hack D3 on the consoles. Funny the RNG is still useless as usual…

4 Likes

Well…expect them to be down for 6-8 more hours probably

Why would you expect it to be up?
They already put stickied threads in PTR Feedback and PTR Bug Report which said…

10/22 Update
The team is still investigating a few standing issues for the PTR - We’re sharing that the fix won’t be available today. Our goal for this fix is to minimize playthrough disruptions for the remaining time left for the PTR so that players can focus on testing and exploring the content. Ill keep you all posted. Thanks so much for your patience.

The PTR server is in the Pacific time zone, where it’s currently 03:08, i.e. it’s at least six hours before they’ll even be in the office today so don’t expect the PTR to be back up for much longer than that.

1 Like

What part of

10/22 Update

the fix won’t be available today

do people not understand?

1 Like

Well, in the UK it’s been the 23rd for over 11 hours now.
So maybe it’s people that don’t understand time-zones.

4 Likes

Good point. But, people should realize that Blizzard operates on Blizzard time. They always have. That’s why their announced times are always PDT or PST.

Unfortunately, FilthieRich could not give us a specific time, so there was no mention of PDT. Blizzard is located in California. That’s on the west coast in North America. All their times and dates will always be based on that. Too bad only a few players will every read this.

For those interested, it is currently:

Time                     Zone

3:42 AM Friday PDT (Blizzard)
6:42 AM Friday EDT
10:42 AM Friday GMT
11:42 AM Friday BST
12:42 PM Friday CEST
7:42 PM Friday KST
11:42 PM Friday NZDT
3 Likes

The big question is will it come up this weekend at all.

1 Like

When they said the server is shutting down. I was playing HC DH. I wasn’t having any problem at all. Now with their track record when the server comes backup. Do I keep playing or be ready to die at any time.

Plus this is 10/23 and it ends on 10/27. I say it might never come backup. I feel they just might end it. But this is Blizzard we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

They just need to cut the public authentication server. The game server was still running for internal testing. As you had already authenticated, you were not affected.

Don’t worry, many streamers had already done reviews on the latest patch before the shutdown. Also, they had internal testers (QA team).

More important is the stability of the server/client. Blizzard, please take the time to fix it no matter how long it will take.

1 Like

I can’t understand complaints about them trying to fix it when it’s only been a day. PTRs used to be close to a month or so. I much prefer a PTR with some back and forth rather than a shovel full of this is what you get. Worst PTR ever? Give me a break

1 Like

I don’t get the hype and drama people have to play on a TEST server with characters and items that you don’t get to keep anyway. Are your lives really that boring? Surely there is something else you could play?

3 Likes

???

When I try to login It is telling me the Blizzard servers are down for maintenance.

Yes you are right people are playing like it is the real thing. I have seen some of them with over 3000 paragon too. Plus these are people playing characters that have nothing to with this PTR too. I even readied where somebody asking if blizzard could let them keep their stuff too.

I was only playing it to do the season journey. I had finish the season journey on 2 accounts over on the regular game. My goals are done over there too. I’m just killing some time too. But for some of these people D3 is their LIFE!!!

You said you were playing HC at that time without any interruption, if I’m not mistaken.
Once you left the session, then you couldn’t relogin because they had shutdown the public authentication server.
No new public connection was allowed, but internal testers might still login thru another gateway (if I were the developer).

1 Like

any new news? Is it back up? I’m ready to thoroughly test Twister since it’s literally going to be the damage Queen for every meta again.

Yeah it is. Go to town.

Already waiting for the thread in the wizzard forum… xD

In all seriousness: Twisters are bugged atm and wizzards for sure won’t find a metaplace when it stays that way.