PTR Pop-Up | Focus on Freezing Issue | Has Ended

I was unable to post in pastebin, or here due to the size of my error log. Here’s the funny part though, last night was the first night since the season began that I had zero issues with stuttering, 5-10 second lock ups, or having the game “exit” me. In both PTR and normal game. I did have pages of one error though.

I am at work, and can’t remember the error that was just 1000’s of lines of the same thing, I will try to post later. Something like “Missing image blah blah blah {ffffff}”

They have already said that they have collected all the information that they need for now.

I am aware of that, but this is an error that was not on anyone elses report.
I will post next round.

Oh, and thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to inform myself, and others, of this truly heinous breach of forum etiquette.

1 Like

Anytime bud!

Just didn’t want you to waste your time sending more data when they were done gathering it.

No need to post when no one will see it. Might be a waste of your time, but it certainly can’t hurt.

1 Like

I downloaded PTR but kept getting errors upon selecting characters.

Anyway some relative info: Season 23 and earlier I was Win764 and had no freezes but varying lag. Season 24 upgraded to Win1064 and started getting 5-10sec freezes and lag was similar to win7.
Have played all 7 Heroes and sitting around 1.5k para this season.
Only experienced freezing with DH and WIZ. Lag tended to vary with diff.

Did a full reinstall to SSD drive…no change

Nerfed graphics and checked drivers…no change

Nerfed sound to 16 bit and (no music but that has always been off)
Zeroed voice and ambient sounds.
####Massive improvement with lag. Game ran extremely smooth regardless of density and solo or group. Freezing still happens but seems a lot less often.

I have noticed freezes occur nearly always on the larva maps and pandemonium.

Sorry I couldn’t get ptr running so no debug.

Good luck team :slight_smile:

PTR Phase 2 is live

PTR has been updated and we’re looking check if the Freezes are happening while within the PTR.

If you encounter any freezes we’re asking to share your D3Debug.txt file via pastebin.

I’ll update the main post shortly and want to say thank you for all the posts so far.

8 Likes

Hi Guys.

My file was too big to fit in pastebin, but I was able to save most of it, most importantly the page filling error. I have not had any lag so far tonight, but will go back and test non PTR as well as PTR. Maybe you can clue me into WTH this error is…about line 891 on.

https://pastebin.com/QjzN4bKF

I ran into about a half second freeze, thought it might just be lag or a stutter but it happened a second time. Posting just in case it is the freeze bug just shorter. Happened while doing a Greater Rift and doing the same sorts of things that I’m always doing when these freezes happen. For this I was playing a monk, dashed into an elite pack and cast cyclone strike and blinding flash and then got a half second freeze.
D3Debug
Settings

So far, much better. I ran 2 greater rifts and was able to get through both without any major freezes unlike yesterday where there was a major freeze within 2 minutes of 3 independent greater rifts.

There is sill some micro-freezes. I will see if I can get one, quit shortly thereafter, and then provide the right file.

Not getting much with monk like yesterday but I am getting one error a lot…

ERROR: Failed to download achievements file, error 14003

D3Debug.txt

After an hour or so of gameplay I’ve run into six micro freezes. I didn’t stop to post for each because I was trying to see if I could get a longer freeze. It does not appear to be happening anymore so here is the most recent micro freeze:
D3Debug

You got the same 3 cycles of ~200ms FMOD sound error that I did.

Just tested Whirlwind barb getting half second freezes now and then. Got first one at start of GR then 2 more.

dxdiag.txt

Whirlwind Barb D3Debug.txt

You also had three separate times with the ~200ms FMOD sound error. I bet these correspond to you 3 micro-freezes.

Yes saw them onscreen 3 different freezes!

Tried with Wizard Firebirds build but once I removed COE ring it was smooth sailing with no problems!

Ok this time only happened 2 times in GR on whirlwind barb.

Whirlwind Barb #2

Ok took COE ring off Whirlwind Barb ran 3 gr’s with no problems!

Maybe a problem with COE ring.

But this is much better that yesterdays patch. Haven’t been able to run without copying and pasting the fmodex64.dll for a year now. Nice to hear sound in game for a change.

I am strictly HC so I have no room for even a micro freeze.

With Fmodx64.dll fix I have absolutely no micro freezes or any type of freeze’s at all.

I have no problem playing w/o sound.

I will continue using Fmodx64.dll fix until I hear from ppl that there are no freezes what so ever.

I’m glad Blizz is finally doing something about this, although it’s been a couple years.
You boys are real slow getting off the potty and back to work!

https://pastebin.com/KS3MnkE3
Instead of freezing for 5-10 second now with phrase 2. I get multiple 1-2 second freeze stutter.

Eventually the game crapped out on GR120

Just got through playing the new build with my GoD HA DH and I did a GR119 without any issues. Then I did a GR120 and I had a few 1-2 second freezes. Below is the pastbin Diablo 3 debug file you request to be posted here.

https://pastebin.com/zCyNb9gz