PTR Pop-Up | Focus on Freezing Issue | Has Ended

New PTR, new Test

FB-Wizard GR125:

WW-Barb GR125:

I’m glad that others see improvements, and i also haven’t seen a freeze yet…
However, the Firebird Mirror Image stuttering Issue has not seen any improvements in any of the 3 Tests i did.

I know Blizz doesn’t want solution-ideas (since we haven’t really an idea what’s going on behind) but maybe we could disable the sound of Mirror Images (especially the Flame Blade casting) completely for a PTR test?
These stutterings are pretty much only when the MI cast a Skill.
I’ve made some tests with different Skills for the MIs to cast (Magic Missile, Shock Pulse, Arcane Orb, Wave of Force), and it’s pretty much on every skill (some more some less):

Edit: I’ve just copied the “working” fmodx64.dll into the PTR to disable sound and check if these issues (fmod sound+freezes and Mirror Image Stuttering) are even connected, and i can confirm that disabling sound “fixes” all these issues.

2 Likes

No freezes (even during the full screen of the mobs and elites) (so FMOD max was 30ms), but was one disconnect (due to the error 1016) in town…

https://pastebin.com/embed_iframe/bMW1bxnn
Tomorrow I’ll continue to test…

1 Like

Phase 3 ~100ms FMOD Error sound not ready - micro freezes

Firebirds Wizard PTR GR110

Settings D3PrefsPTR.txt

With Convention of Elements on micro freezes D3Debug.txt.
Convention of Elements off No freezes D3Debug.txt

I can do this over and over with same results every time!

1 Like

Phaze 3 ~100-300 ms FMOD error sound not ready - micro freezes
Immortal King Barbarian GR 105-120
I have seen freezes at blue pack of Punishers and blue pack of Silverbacks.
Log

1 Like

hi John, this is by far the worst case log.
so many FMOD not ready in 100-115ms
AND DSP errors.!
Blizzard really should take a look at this!
thx for sharing.

the Phase 3 timeout changes helps a lot not to Freeze! but these amounts of errors are simply LOL
🤦
i made 10 runs 115-118 with barb on hardcore and really no error. no freeze None, Nothing. But im using W11

Amazing and helpful feedback as we kicked off Phase 3 and the new build. At this moment, we can pause from further feedback.

We’re getting ready for an additional update which we’re hoping to get out soon. I’ll post details on when it’s live and available for update. Looking forward to seeing more feedback on performance and how the gameplay experience is going.

Lastly, for any new reports we wanted to kindly ask if players could share a screenshot of their settings like how some did during phase 1. Dev team shared feedback on how helpful this was.
Stay tuned and thank you!!!

8 Likes

You’re welcome =) I’ll keep an eye out for the next build update. Looking like we’ll get this bug squashed soon!

1 Like

Hello, thank you for all your awesome work! My wife has been experiencing full freezes and crashes for the last 3-4 seasons, I had her jump on the PTR and it ran like a dream for the first time in months/years! Is there any way to replicate this performance on the live servers for season 24 or an ETA on a patch?

8/10 | 5:30pm PST | PTR Pop-up has been updated!

• A new PTR Pop-up is now available for update.
  • Hoping to hear feedback on game performance specifically tied to game Freezes.
  • Requesting for D3Debug.txt files & a screenshot (or details) of settings if you encounter the Freeze bug.
  • *NEW - If you played for an extensive amount of time, and no significant freezing occurs, we’re looking to hear back on this as well. Please feel free to include an estimate on how long you played for.
7 Likes

A little better but still getting micro freezes. Now getting new FMOD Error…

FMOD Error during ‘FMOD_Channel_SetPosition’: Operation could not be performed because specified sound/DSP connection is not ready.

Settings D3PrefsPTR.txt

Firebirds Wizard PTR 8/10 Update GR110 D3Debug.txt

Second GR110 Firebirds Wizard in about 4 minutes with same same results!

Firebirds Wizard PTR 8/10 Update GR110 #2

First 30 minute session I did 10 Greater Rifts on an Inna Monk and didn’t see a single freeze. Second session on a Whirlwind Barb I got a brief little stutter/freeze after about 10 minutes and another more noticeable freeze in another 10 minutes or so. The first really brief freeze had a different FMOD error than usual.
D3Debug - “FMOD Error during ‘FMOD_Channel_SetPosition 2’: An invalid seek position was passed to this function.”
D3Debug for common freeze
Settings

After over 3 hours i have experienced no micro freezes or any longer ones of any kind. I can’t wait for this to be patched in, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Played another 55 minutes straight and saw no freezes or stutters! It’s been so nice to play without the freezing, I usually see 5-10 freezes an hour on live. So very close now! Great job.

1 Like

1 hour of playing 80lv GRs + 1 Ancient Vault (also for testing). There were some lags.
https://pastebin.com/embed_iframe/cmT8DC1J
https://ibb.co/N7MG7t4 My Video settings, mostly set on High (except shadows and landscape, which are on moderate setting)
https://ibb.co/CQWrN7V (audio sound, low 32 channel, as default)

1 Like

Please post file “D3Debug.txt” (or “x64/D3Debug.txt” if run 64-bit version of the game) as well to help them with looking on errors.

Found another freeze after about 20 minutes of gameplay on the Inna Monk that I previously posted wasn’t seeing any freezes.
D3Debug
Settings

Perusoe’s PTR Patch 2.7.1.77360 Mission Report

Before the latest update, I tried to run the Desktop App, but kept getting a message that content could not be loaded from the Blizzard servers. I did not know what that was about, so I decided to search the forums.

As soon as I opened my browser (Firefox) it had updated. I didn’t think that this could have been the issue, but it prompted me to check for other updates. Windows 10 updated and then I found an update for my NVIDIA drivers.

When this was completed, I came here to see that the PTR had been updated. I ran the App again, this time without issues, and let the PTR update.

Start game session Tuesday, August 10, 2021 9:20 PM EDT

• I did a fresh PTR Copy.
  • I started with my main Demon Hunter and collected the Templar’s gear from the mail.
  • I basically recreated my steps in previous phases because that’s where I usually experience freeze or lag issues.

I was quite surprised at the results. I left my Sound Options set to 128 Channels. I experienced no freezing at all. I experienced some minor lag, barely noticeable, in the usual areas.

End game session Tuesday, August 10, 2021 10:24 PM EDT

Documentation (Pastebin)

D3Debug 08-10-2021 21.02 EDT
D3PrefsPTR 08-10-2021 21.02 EDT
DxDiag 08-10-2021 21.02 EDT

Game Options: Video

Game Options: Sound

PTR Pop-Up 2.7.1.77360 Game-play video

Asᴋ ɴᴏᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʀᴏᴜᴘ ᴄᴀɴ ᴅᴏ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ
- ᴀsᴋ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴅᴏ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʀᴏᴜᴘ

I do not hide from my enemies.
I do not run from my foes.
I seek them out; I hunt them down;
and then they’re quickly disposed.

~ 𝑃𝑒𝑟𝑢𝑠𝑜𝑒

1 Like

Yes, you need to convert your link to preformatted text using the </> button on the formatting bar.

• Put the link in your message as you would normally,
  • Highlight the entire link,
  • click the </> button.

Your link cannot be clicked but we can copy-paste it in our browser to look at it.

Best of luck in your games !

2 Likes

Thank you so much for doing all this for us :slight_smile: means alot. So far we are so close at least no more 10 second freezes :smiley:

I have tried everything even changing keyboards and mice to non razer and uninstalling synapse. I tried the fmodex64.dll workaround but I still get little jumps here and there and essentially, I didn’t buy the game to play it with no sound - I have poor sight and use my hearing to help at times.

Here is the pastebin for my d3debug file from the first and last time I will play till this is fixed as it was just one freeze after another and just an unplayable game right now for me - very sad considering I played since launch

I hope this gets fixed soon cause I don’t wanna have to go to PoE or Final Fantasy again - Or even Runescape if I’m desperate.

3 Likes