PTR not available yet?

Watch the servers crash when they flick the switch.

Release the PTR already!!! I’m tired of grading papers

3 Likes

PTR usually goes live sometime in the afternoon Pacific time when the QA team releases it. There is no set time. If they run into issues, it can even be delayed past today.

If that happens someone will post an update.

Also remember, there is one PTR for everyone world wide. If you don’t live in the US you may experience lag and such. With only one, there is also usually a queue to get in. When QA has the test spots full, then that is it until someone logs out. Of course, what happens on the PTR, stays on the PTR and does not cross back to Live.

5 Likes

already update the blog 1 hour ago

I am seeing the Blog title and body of post as “Preview” still. Did they change it to “Now LIVE” somewhere else?

Check here

Jinx! Raistrev owes Avalon a coke

1 Like

i think he has forgot the server update
the server is shutdown and no restart yet
how it happened OMG

I do not see anything on Battlenet. Nor in Blizz Tracter.

• I would say sometime in the next 3 hours.

Ah - the Web Team un-hid the forums. That post was put up days ago to be shown when the forums were switiched on. They are only half there. You can read them, but they have not enabled posting yet seeing as the PTR is not live.

QA makes the game servers go live - and does not seem to be in synch with the Web folks.

When the patch goes live a few things happen:

• You get the patch update.
  • You can log in to the PTR (assuming you are not in queue).
  • The PTR forums get posting turned on
  • The News Blog gets changed from Preview to Now Live.

Come on … it just depends on how much space they are willing to use for it.
and its not as if there are millions of players …
most are just waiting for the season or what the testers say

there are norm. just a few thousand players on the ptr

Yeh, I’m usually not on right when this stuff gets turned on (except when the new seasons start).

Usually don’t see the PTR is available till a few days after the fact lol.

True - but there are still queues at times and it is fair to warn people. It is not a replacement for the Live servers which don’t have those kinds of backups.

joa …

but to be fair.
i havent expected the ptr before 3am on fr. …
and now its “only” 23:20 … so there is still enough time left :smiley:

there are norm. just a few thousand players on the ptr

You make it sound so easy to build and maintain a game that has a few thousand players, almost as if it’s trivial.

i don’t even get the update for patch 2.7 for me it is still 2.6.10.71042 :frowning:

Nobody has it yet. It is not just you. It is early- mid afternoon Pacific time. It normally comes out late Pacific time.

1 week later i guess , not today
they will say :so sorry , we have to fix some problem on PTR patch , our team are working hard on this , next week the same time , see you

Maybe 8pm Pacific time?