PTR Cube Primal forge broken

I spent 1700 of each type of bounty materials in the cube to get a primal weapon and only got 12 ancients that were very bad quality and the rest were normal. Imagine if this was in S20 you would have to spend all day farming bounties just to waste 1700 of each material type on rubbish items. No! This is NOT on! NOT at all! There needs to be a failsafe whereby you are guaranteed a primal every x amount of times that you use the cube for that function e.g. every 15 reforge because let us be honest the primals are usually poor quality too and the base damage if it is a weapon is not more than an ordinary. It should be 50% more like they initially were!!!

Peace & Love!

Bad RNG is not a bug.

And definitely there’s absolutely zero need for any “failsafes”.

2 Likes

Did you do your GR 70 yet? :wink:
RNG is RNG

2 Likes

Learn a lesson at least?

Farming primals, particularly in a season is a bad idea.

They are not required items, Blizzard deliberately made them roll with the same stat ranges so people didn’t feel like they had to have them.

But… I guess some people must like banging their head against a wall, or using… ahem… other means.

1 Like

Did you finish a gr 70, solo?

1 Like

Primals are ~1/400. 1700 bounty mats is 1700/5 rerolls, or 340 rerolls. Even if you were guaranteed a primal every 400 rolls, you still wouldn’t even trigger that with your 340 rerolls.

6 Likes

PTR apparently has much higher odds to land good stuff. I got 5/6 pieces of Mundungu’s Set, Voo’s Juicer, Gazing Demise, Jades Pants, and the Channeling Shoulders, all as Primals today.

Of course I spent about 10k in mats and a ton of bags.

I am going to Agree with the original poster here the RNG is really bad.

Last night I personally did 4765 Transmutes to get a single primal. Bliz needs to fix this as it can be highly frustrating for players in live.

So to put this in prospective that’s 23.825 Bounty Mat’s which at tier 16 would be equivalent of doing 1,191 Bounty Runs to get a single primal. So doing split bounties you would spend 198 Hours (10 Min per run) which would equate to 8 strait played days.

No take into account you are going to spend an additional 3 hours at the cube as well. Its a bloody joke.

I am pretty sure many of us would rather farm 1k Bounty mats and have a Recipe in place instead so we do not have to deal with Carpel tunnel from the cube.

Bad RNG is not a bug, an issue or anything else to be fixed. The chance to get a primal is tiny and it’s always calculated individually for each drop, craft and reroll. Any previous attempts will have a zero effect on your next attempt. It doesn’t matter if you have 57 quadrillion fails in a row, it won’t make your odds any better.

1 Like

This is a great demonstration about how pointless doing bounties is. Unless you NEED an ancient for legacy of dreams, might as well just play the game and hope it drops generically. Forcing RNG doesn’t work very well.

Most modern games have RNG fail safes tho. Like an extreme bad luck streak breaker where after x amount of whatever action is considered a fail, something triggers an automatic success (it’s more complicated than that, but it’s the basic idea). I think some ARPG’S could learn from that. Obviously desired results are subjective, but say in the case of primals triggering from the cube, every 500 rolls (example) can trigger an automatic primal.

In the same time someone can get 5 primals in a row… its called RNG.

Just for fun, I’ve been reforging items like a degenerate gambling fiend, and have been amazed at how bad some primals can roll. I’ve gotten flavors of time with movement, life regen, life percentage and armor. Crafted items with no primary stat (captains). If I got these items on live, it would be soul crushing (literally).

Diablo is a grinding game built on layers and layers of rng. That’s its gimmick. The chance of getting an amazing perfect piece is made so low that it gives you a huge sense of rush when you finally do get the perfect piece.

Not always bad RNG though, I think it is good that this is brought up so they can at least investigate and make sure it is working appropriately.

1 Like

You learn a lesson bub and be told: people are welcome to express their opinion on a public forum concerning the game Diablo 3 here & if they just so happen to not like the experience and have a suggestion that will improve gameplay: well then; they are free to express it here. However what you cannot do is insist that people need to “learn” something regarding that once a decision is made it will not be changed as that defies the whole point of patches and even the scope of this forum bub!

Peace & Love!

And simple dont aim for a primal a good ancient does the job well

No you didn’t. The odd’s of that occurring are literally around 1 in 1.6 billion.

1 Like

Well good luck with that.

We have been asking for them to ban bots and cheats for years now which us something they say they want to do.

What you want means it will cheapen the already cheap loot hunt, which in my opinion, will drive off even more people.

Indeed, It’s why I expressed my opinion, which is… farming for specific primals is a bad idea.

You’re the one who’s throwing a tantrum, sweetie pie.

Can’t we just enjoy the tail end of this game’s era, appreciate they are still providing patches after ten years, and look forward to not having ancients in D4?