PTR Barb stuff to test tomorrow

Anybody who wants to sign up for testing this stuff, please let me know.

The main testing that needs to be done involves the 3 new “Sanctified” powers.

1: “Whirlwind pulls in and holds all enemies within 25 yards”

Okay, what does “pulls in and holds” actually mean? Is it just a pull that triggers frequently (like, 2x or 3x per second, or something)? If so, this effect will run into monster CC immunity really fast (since each pull counts as a knockback, which instantly applies 40% cc resist), unless it has some special ability to ignore CC resist. Or, is it like a single knockback (“pulls in”) followed by an immobilize (“and holds”), but the location of your character is treated as a single spot for the purposes of the effect?

In that case, this power would actually be really good for pushing WW Barb, since this would let you vacuum up tons of mobs and hold them right near your character. And, since CC resist from Immobilize only grows by 10% per second, that would mean you basically start at 40% (from the “pull in”), and then add 10% per second, which should give you lots of time (at least 4-5 seconds) to vacuum mobs. Also, CC resist generally only builds up in terms of subsequent effects. If the “and hold” is just considered a single effect… hell, maybe you can vacuum up an entire floor of a rift and drag them all to one place!

So: that all needs to be tested. Any volunteers?

2: “Hammer of the Ancients hits in all directions around the Barbarian. Every seventh cast of Hammer of the Ancients unleashes a powerful shockwave.”

How does the “hits in all directions” thing work? Does this effect make it harder to get your Fury returned by Gavel of Judgment? Also, do enemies hit by HotA that are not in the normal zone for where HotA would hit proc Bloodshed and AD? For instance, if your expanded HotA zone crits an enemy behind you… does that show up in your Bloodshed damage?

Also, how much damage does the “powerful shockwave” do, and does that proc Bloodshed or AD?

That’s what needs to be tested… let me know if you need advice on how to do that. Any volunteers?

3: “Hitting enemies generates stacks of Tempest Rhythm. Activating Wrath of the Berserker consumes 50 stacks of Tempest Rhythm and startles enemies within 16 yards, causing them to take 0.5% increased damage per stack for 10 seconds. Max 100 stacks.”

Do we get one stack of Tempest Rhythm per hit? How about with dots like Rend, or AOE dots like Earthquake? And: is this a multiplicative source of damage, or additive?

Again, let me know if you need some advice. Any volunteers?

I’m not sure how much time I’ll have to test this stuff in the next few days, hence my requests for volunteers. Let me know!

1 Like

I’ll be trying PTR if connections and Ping aren’t too bad. PTR in Western Australia is laggy coz PTR server is in the US of A. My latency reader sits between 280 and 700 in PTR.

I’m not a math guy Rage but I’ll see how the pull effect and HotA fury management works.

See how I go.

I will be testing all 3 powers eventually (for my own personal experience), but it’s way down my list behind DH first, Wiz, Necro and Monk. So likely won’t get to Barb until 5-6 days in.

Its a non barbarian patch for the most part. The powers look very straightforward. I will try pushes towards the end to see how many gr boosts they can give.

There is no cooldown on the pull. Except, they have to be on the ground to be pulled. Unfortunately, they seem to be hitting me while in the air. That or every time they land, they get to attack.

You can see the entire range of the pull as you have an extra wind effect around you.

When an enemy is grabbed, they come flying through the air as you would expect from all other effects. As soon as they land, you can grab them again. You can move so fast that they land where you were, and are not now, and so they do not get grabbed again. However, if you ensure they land in your range consistently, they look like they are hopping around as they dance around you.

As I said above, it almost feels like they can attack as they are in midair, or being grabbed resets their CD on attacking. When I keep them bouncing near me, I take a lot more damage than just running by them.

I am going back and forth on what I think of this. I am having really bad luck on getting some items, like RoRG. So, my experiences have been far from optimal.

Both the Jewelry pack and Follower pack contain RoRG.

So…, want a laugh? Cause, I just learned a lesson, when you work 3rd shift, never work extra hours. I just remembered, both rings from the packs I had opened are on the followers.

I am debating if I should thank you or go crawls under my bed and hide.

1 Like

I am sure we have all had days like that one time or another =) Enjoy!

Anyone try the Tempest Rhythm power with MoTE yet? Doubt it is anything super but seems like it would fit in with use of WoTB as part of our elite cycle.

Tried it was not that great since we can’t spam that skill, it was underwhelming.

I tried the WW buff with MoTE, requires more skill micromanagement than I can deal with but might be something there given how far and fast it can pull stuff together.

1 Like

Based on the current Sanctified powers, there’s nothing that even comes close to Whirlwind’s pull. No CC cap, some of the fastest Stricken stacking in the game, and whole-map pixel pulls? It doesn’t get better.

1 Like

Yeah. If they want the HOTA power to be competitive, they should probably make the shockwave deal damage similar to the way BR:Bloodshed does, i.e. “shockwave does 10% of the damage dealt by HOTA in the last second”.

1 Like

Like this :rofl: :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkEV7dd73OM

I was not planning on starting barb for season 27 but after trying those powers out… Change of plans! Visually, the HOTA one is amazing. Practicality wise, the WW power blows me away. It’s going to be the most fun farmer in the game.

3 Likes

does anyone know if the Tempest Rhythm debuff is stackable?

As far as I can tell, it does not appear to be. But, AFAIK, nobody has done very comprehensive testing on it.

1 Like

New HotA Shockwave has some :baseball: :basketball:'s. I’ve tested with OK gear and the “feel” results are positive. On a GR100 with HotA the boss (Raz) was dispatched after 3 Shockwaves and the corresponding HotA hits.

My gems are rubbish and I had no Stricken.

My Hota hits were billions. My Shockwave was Trillions.

My setup was IK5, 2 Augl and EW.

The HotA/Shockwave times are faster than my similar WW/Pull setup too.

I think the LoD version could be one hell of a stomper.

I tested it today for MotE. It sucks a lot. With massive CDR on my Barb the long wait between WotB is too much.

The power needs a built in WotB cool down big time or it’s 100% dead in the water once season starts.

1 Like

I think that turning damage into a cooldown reduction of WoTB, it would be more effective for builds that are not permanently under the effect of WoTB. That’s a good idea, Bastich.

I imagine an H90 in Perma WoTB :star_struck: !

1 Like