PTR 2.7 [Wizard]

Not sure I understand, I was using Pain Enhancer with the self cast version. My point is Mirror Images isn’t worth it unless you are going to commit to channeling Deathwish for them.

The reason dups aren’t attacking as fast is because they don’t benefit from Fragment of Destiny or Shame of Delsere, so no 2x attack speed bonus.

2 Likes

Ok. There are two builds we are referring to.

1 - MI build where the dups do the heavy lifting and they do the FB-6 triggering.
2 - Flame Blades build where the player character does FB-6 triggering.

I’m suggesting that we combine the two in a build where the dups are used to trigger FB-6 and PE which can super buff the player character’s IAS and FB-6 trigger rate.

I agree with Lexyu. In my limited testing trying out MI in the extra skill slot of the primarily non channeling blades setup, mirror image has less potential than spellsteal, or even pinpoint barrier.

There is very little synergy between the two setups. The deathwish MI needs CDR to recover the images quickly, and the AS from your proposed Hybrid does not increase the MI AS. TnT can’t be placed in the cube there cause you need Aquila to maintain Squirts (and aug+crimson is better for the non shielding blade setup).

For this same reason it is difficult to Hybrid Hydra with MI, even though they both use TnT.

I did try out the MI helm with the blade+MI setup, but it felt like too much damage loss with the non shielding version.

Feels better just to focus on one or the other.

1 Like

@Bossdog, nice idea tried it a little and had some fun very chaotic sometimes.

@Rage about area damage, I did some testing and kept main stat, chc and chd at low levels and static. Area damage was at 142%, in T16 everything melts no matter, tried a GR. Then I swapped gear and reduced area damage to 0 instead I had IAS rolls on most pieces. I had some IAS on the AD test aswell, the loss of AD didn’t make any difference.
So a very careful “confirm” to what Lexyu already has stated.

Now to all, how heavy should we go on investing on IAS on gear. Some pro tips please. :slight_smile:

Great points and this is a push build from seasonal PTR that addresses some of the issues we’ve been talking about with dupes dying so fast and not targeting what we want them to:

https://maxroll.gg/d3planner/688408251

Enforcer Gem - Big survivability increase for dupes with 90% DR and max +60% dmg. This replaces Gogok for example because Gogok’s 15% CDR and AS seems less important than buffing the dupe beasts. Also there is still strong CDR on gear along w/ Crimson’s 20% CDR and Evo’s 20% etc - so CDR is still fine, especially w/ CDR’s diminishing returns.

Switch to ranged playstyle - Zei’s and Power Hungry replace Trapped and Audacity as usual going to ranged. And this is something that may also be happening but not sure haven’t tested much - when you pop MI and the dupes spawn if you immediately teleport to the edges, they seem to stick better to the mobs because you’re not around them. It’s almost like they kind of think about following you sometimes if you’re close but if you’re distant they get to work doing their beast business more quickly - could be off on this though.

Mantle of Channeling and Krelms bracers replace 3pc Aughilds (w/ Tasker’s cubed). Can also go 3pc Aughilds w/ MoC cubed (with no Taskers at all).

Otherwise similar to previous incarnation posted in here where there are a couple of swing skills. With this push build, it’s MW/Deflection but Frost Nova here also decent to CC pack for dupes and keep things calmed down. And Blur or Elemental Exposure kind of a swing passive too. Helm gem could be changed to topaz too if AP dropping off but with Gogoks out, diamond seems good.

Thanks. Good info. I would probably use dupes for speed runs and t-16. When going full channel I find that I sometimes run low on AP so ab extra RCR roll (or 2) on gear should help.

I wish the devs didn’t go on the assumption that nerfing is required to make something else more attractive. I would rather they left a working rat run option in play, add the new wiz build for speeds like we have that is very competitive, and open up the FB proc to all classes and a wide variety of fire spells. Inclusion is so much more fun.

As for “who’s got the Zoo now”, I would say the WDs do. We only spawn a herd of semi-retarded cats to do damage.

Does anyone know how the skill rotation on Haunt of Vaxo works? I keep proc’ing the arcane orb one. I read that it can proc flame blades. Was hoping that it could default to the skills on the tree. The clones from HoV are much more aggressive than MI clones.

Season 23 Herding Cats build
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCA1usnTJk8

What about Teleport:Fracture clones?

Super easy to keep 100% uptime with FB6.

The damage from enforcer shouldn’t be helping the FB6 combustion proc damage, since it only multiplies pet incurred damage. I will try this out though when I get a chance. The pet DR in the least would be nice for a push build.

If you use fracture it will despawn your manual cast images. If you trigger fracture clones and then manual cast images it will despawn your teleport generated clones. Duplicates rune = 4 images. Fracture =2 clones.

Did you get vaxo sorted? If you can get them to use Flame Blades that would be pretty nice.

I tested 20 procs and only saw arcane orbs. Either they patched it and I can’t find the documentation, or it’s bugged.

So the fracture clones are Vaxo clones, and not MI clones?

Odd, for a class specific spell…

Teleport - Fracture Clones are a lot better than the Haunt of Vaxo clones. However, the issue with the Fracture Clones is that only 2 of them spawn and since they’re granted by teleport, they replace existing clones when you teleport again, meaning that you’d have to lessen the amount of the teleports you use in order to maximize them. Beyond that tho, they’d likely make an ideal setup for fun builds.

Yep, That’s exactly why I said earlier that Haunt of Vaxo is terrible for the setup. Now of course, if it turns out that the item is bugged so that the Vaxo clones only spam arcane orbs or shock pulse, then there may yet be hope for the item if it gets fixed. However, I wouldn’t expect a fix as it’s likely a low priority.

What’s left to test before either another PTR patch or PTR close?

Yeah, with enforcer, even in a GR150 they tend to last the full 7 seconds so they only die because the timer naturally expires.

Is there a Mocking Demise/Fracture/Illusionist synergy?

Spawn/despawn(detonate)/reset cool down

Thanks for the Fracture info!

Amazingly, and this could all change soon, the only GR150 clear in seasonal PTR right now uses Mirror Images, at p3200’ish:

https://maxroll.gg/d3planner/774609634

And the top normal non-seasonal clear uses Mirror Images lol. Someone just bolted on MI to the legacy Etched Sigil setup and went 5m GR150. But I guess you could fall off a log and run a GR150 at 14kp.

Herding cats is the new push meta. I guess we should enjoy this before Mjolnir descends with nerf etched into its side.

So MM feels significantly lower in performance than FB, but man is it beautiful. Was goofing off on seasonal testing things and equipped the tear drop gem. It is proc city with MM:conflagrate and mirror ball. Pointless of course, but it makes the graphics look sick. Just thought I’d share. I really wish Mirror Ball would get some love.

@Oblivion I even forged a new one multiple times and it still only procs clones that cast arcane orb/shock pulse. I’ve filed a bug report.