PTR 2.6.10 Has Ended!

PTR is updating now.

Thorns of The Invoker: 2-Piece bonus decreased from 350% to 90% and has a cap of 10 stacks. 6-piece bonus increased from 15,000% to 67,500% and increased attack speed bonus from 50% to 100%.

Developer’s Note: This is to address the Bombardment build that Crusaders have been tearing across the board. We’ve severely nerfed the 2-piece and compensated in the 6-piece. We also thought about extending the duration of the buff past 2 seconds, but we rather change a couple of things first rather than too many things to see how things play out.

So it becomes a very strong single target build, it’s an 8GR nerf.

Yeah, a person shouldn’t want the chainsaw or hammer treatment, and instead should ask for a scalpel treatment.

1 Like

I can’t see the updated patchnotes yet. Where did you get them from?

Here for those who are curious. He might be working on it still:

ah, okay, I had to replenish the page. It didn’t work for me what I tried it the first few times… but thanks

OP and blog have been updated. Should be able to run the launcher and play on the new patch. Looking forward to catching more of your feedback ~

6 Likes

Thanks Rich. This fix to A6I2 might be too much due to the 10 stack limit. I will try it out and let you know on PTR feedback forum.

The nerf to Gelmindor’s seems unnecessary, especially since Bone Spear still lacks an off-hand that makes sense. This is VERY reminiscent of the nerfs to Blessed Shield in 2.6.1 that made Condemn the main build for many seasons.

Please also remember that the double-dip on Trangoul’s Fang with Bone Spear means we have to use Scythe of the Cycle. It went from an almost 10x multiplier to a 5x.

No fix on Etched Sigil, which seems to be a general nerf to the class, makes Death Wish an orphaned item without its buddy, and ignore that channeling and DMO-Twister does not have a playstyle that fits together well at all.

I think the nerf to I2 is fair. Twisted Sword idea is great. Still need them to stand still though.

Good job reverting Etched Sigil, bravo!
/sarcasm

2 Likes

Please remove fist of heavens from the clone.

thanks for the update.

Did expect way less, but this really seems that they listened to alot we were reporting.
stationary twisters :+1:
chicken speedfarm huge improvment that was suggested :+1:
EQ weapons affixes combined :+1:

Wicked wind rune selected and they should stay in place while applying Raging Storm via TTS weapon.

I’m still disappointed that the Etched Sigil change seem to go through but overall most of the changes are reasonable at first glance.

Game crashes when you view profile > Heroes.

Hey Rich, can you do us a favor and ask the boys to reset the leaderboards on the PTR? Cheers.

Removal of Hard CC from Shadow Clones

This is good

Twisted Sword Change to include Raging Storm

This is very good, as well as capping the damage bonus at 5 Twisters.
Sounds like it is going to be a fun build.
Do the Twisters from Raging Storm now get even larger when they merge with additional Twisters?

The Etched Sigil change NOT being reverted

A lot of people do not like this change at all.

You did this because you wanted to get rid of Meteor Channelling / Bazooka Wizard., but this was not the best way to go about it.

A better way to get rid of Meteor Channelling / Bazooka without changing Etched Sigil to a Energy Twister only-item is to either…

• move the Damage Bonus from the Nilfur’s Boast to a new 1-handed legendary item (and it is important that it is a one handed weapon. That way you couldn’t combine it with Etched Sigil, Deathwish, The Grand Vizier, and Nilfur’s Boast at the same time. Nilfur’s Boast being legendary boots instead of being a weapon or an offhand is making Meteor Channelling so powerful.

… or:

• let Etched Sigil and Deathwish only buff channelling skills (or maybe the the damage increase t non-channelling skills is lower that to channelling skills).

Winter Flurry

There have been no updates to this one, but I just wanted to mention that there have been several threads on the PTR Forum of people stating that the don’t like the way in which this item and the Hydra builds are going, for various reasons.

Some people said that they didn’t like that you had also had to put Blizzard in the Hydra build, others didn’t like that Winter Flurry only buffs Hydra instead of all skills, etc…

I don’t wanna repeat everything that was said there, but just remind you that all of that feedback is still there.

Trodden Effigy & Manajuma’s Way

Sounds fun.

Uliana’s Strategem Set - Damage Reduction Buff

This is a good change. I always thought that the lack of defense was holding that set back.

If there could be another QoL improvement for that build, would it be possible that the Base Skill of Exploding Palm applies the DoT to the Primary Target +2 additional enemies within 15 Yards? That would make spreading the effect a bit faster.

Blade of the Tribes

Turning this from a Normal Affix into a Special Affix is very good since it now can be cubed, but there are also a few more items that could get this treatment, like Tzo Krins Gaze and a few others.

Edit: I just noticed that the damage buff got increased from 200 to 600-800%… that is a pretty large buff that is not displayed in the updated Blog Post.

=====================

In regards to the other changes I can not say too much, because I am not too familiar with these builds (e.g. Invoker Crusader).

Overall I would say the changes are decent and they will probably solve a lot of issues pre-preemptivly that otherwise would have come up in the next season, so it definitely was the right decision to extend the PTR and delay the season a bit.

Also, communicating the changes by updating the Blog Post is a very good way to go about it. Thanks!

3 Likes

Damn Blizzard remove this stupid nerf on Etched sigil !

Looking forward to giving Leapquake and Zombie Bears another pass. Would have loved to see Etched Sigil addressed in a more meaningful way. There’s some excellent feedback out there, would be great if Blizzard directly addressed some of the community’s concerns in this area.

1 Like

So, those Crusader changes…
Prior to patch - Successful clear of GR131 in 14 minutes 27 seconds
After the patch - Failing to clear a GR125 in 18 minutes 21 seconds

Looks like my hero’s new ceiling is probably around GR123, i.e. an 8 GR nerf. I’m sure someone will be along shortly with a table to explain to me why this means I should now be having more fun.

2 Likes

Hei man. Would love to see a frenzy buff because WW Rend Barb is still the strongest. Frenzy would be a new option to play with.

Cheers.

2 Likes

We’ve been gathering feedback and reports on people getting kicked from the game and server related issues. To investigate this issue we will take down the PTR this evening until tomorrow (10/22). Will be posting here once we’re back live.

3 Likes

I just noticed that the damage buff got increased from 200 to 600-800%… that is a pretty large buff that is not displayed in the updated Blog Post.

that is because the two seperate buffs the weapon had when it was seperated were multiplicative. if they just added them, it would be a nerf. and its already noncompetitive as it is