PTR 2.6.10 Has Ended!

This is good! That is how it has worked in the past as well, so that style should be well received!
Thanks!

To me, this are always the most interesting ones. The only thing that I am personally even more interested in are changes/adjustments to skills, but these are not happening that often anymore.

From what I know, making certain basic changes to the gamefiles is really easy in D3, at least according to what Jay Wilson said in this video (at 10:55)

According to him, you just have to open a file fr a skills and then you can change some numbers for its damage, cooldown, stun duration, resource costs, etc, maybe even its AoE.

I did some basic modding in Diablo 2 and it was fairly easy to make certain basic changes there, e.g. to resource costs, casting delay, damage, in sometimes less than 30 seconds.

What I want to ask is if in one of the next patches, there could be some of the more basic and easy to do changes that the community has been asking for since a long time.

Things like reducing the Cooldown of Teleport, or replacing Teleports Cooldown with Charges (like Dashing Strike) or a resource cost, or adding a damage multipler to Piro Marella for Shield Bash and other minor adjustments that probably wouldn’t take much time (at least I assume) and also wouldn’t break the game.

Or do the devs think or prefer to make other kinds of changes, or have something completely different in mind?

Before the last one or two patches we heard a lot about an upcoming “Major Balance Patch” that would arrive after the new sets had been released, and I know that we can probably no expect large scale changes at this age of the game, but imo it would be good to know what kind of changes can be expected, which also would help us to provide better, more focused feedback.

Sounds like a Crusader nerf is incoming.

That is nice, ty!

5 Likes

Please drop S22 asap! Don’t kill the game with other big game releases. Let’s make an unorthodox new season launch on an unorthodox year… We can have only 1 week off season.

Wizard, yeah. Situation normal :stuck_out_tongue:

Wizard buffs, Monk buffs. Crossing fingers here

maybe the worst game company … every day something difference … take a decision what you want to do …congrats the game will be dead for 2 months

4 Likes

Why aren’t you updating…

2 Likes

Oh come on… so we get one-month PTRs now and seasons lasting more than 4 months?? This is becoming ridiculous…

8 Likes

Imagine some minor changes… 3 weeks PTR, its gonna be big fail or something big with patch update.

1 Like

Wizard ! They need to nerf Wizard ! It can still farm T16 :joy:

3 Likes

Season 22 starts this year?

10 Likes

Hey Blizz please wipe the PTR Leaderboard so we can see the impact of these updates.

6 Likes

Glad to see this, hopefully some good things.

I just dont like how S21 end date and S22 start date is keep being extended, I understand why I just dont like all this waiting, start of seasons are always so fun and exciting for me. Hope all this waiting is worth it, S22 does look a bit fun.

2 Likes

We need uber and not cow level portals to close after X seconds, there is no point to restart a game to be able to do more 4 uber portals, goblin vault already has a timer, this would be a welcome change!!!

3 Likes

10/27 probly means october 2027.

9 Likes

Thanks for the update, very interested in the next edition of notes.

Anyone else remembers when season 1 lasted for about five months. It seems season 21 will be close to matching that length.

I’ll take 2 weeks late with item edits over the current PTR as is. The game becomes boring when one dominant build rules a class. You can see how that looks by checking the current PTR leaderboards, like a family photo of 1000 identical siblings. [bred from incest]

Pez and Rich are probably going to come out of this looking like the saviors of D3:

Quality > Deadline

6 Likes

So when can we expect that update?

My comment was purely about the fact that there’s a thread in the PTR forums about extending the PTR duration and, instead of updating that thread, this one gets the update. The thread in the PTR forums still says the PTR will end on the 20th, i.e. in the forum where we’re supposed to discuss PTR stuff, the PTR sticky isn’t up-to-date.

2 Likes

Haha i was also confused when i did read DMKTs answer the first time as it was logical to me that you mean the thread.

After looking it again however, you wrote:

“Why aren’t you updating…” And then linked the thread. Leaving open the interpretation that in this, another update-point was mentioned and you want that now xD

Just edit it to “Why aren’t you updating this thread instead of posting it here:”