PTR 2.6.10 Has Ended!

Yes - we’re still taking in feedback for all builds/items/bugs and sharing with the dev team. In terms of Season 22 start time, I’m unable to share that at the moment.

8 Likes

But is there going to be more adjustments of items/balancing before the end of this PTR? We’ve given exactly two weeks of patch feedback and haven’t seen the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak.

4 Likes

it was obvious last patch that necro needs some additional buffs to masquerade set. Playerbase wanted a bracer with 400% or so to be competitiv.

Weve gotten this now, a season later…

still have freeze some times if you try to increase a charachter 1-70 so 4th slot not the problem

Could be a small lag from people opening dozens and dozens of bags from the goatman, lol. All jokes aside, if you have dozens and dozens of players opening dozens and dozens of packs all at once looking for that Primal that could drop, it will cause server lag. Thats alot of item count.

1 Like

Season Buffs Testing Update: Shadow Clones and Kanai’s Cube (4th Slot) are now both active in the PTR. Thanks for your patience!

6 Likes

Item changes?! We need some changes to test before live :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes, please.

The theme and Cube slot were wonky, but many of the “buffs” on items were far too insubstantial to go live.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. Does this mean you will be releasing a new patch with all of the changes for us to test soon™?

I’m sure that the item changes that we are requesting will happen between PTR and Live and not during PTR. As much as we want these changes now, that is not the purpose of this PTR. Bugs and theme tests are the main focus now. Our feedback on the items is important, and those changes will be made by the team. For now, let’s just concentrate on how the theme interacts with the environment in the PTR.

Any changes today as far as tweaks?

If we don’t get any item changes made during the ptr, then I honestly doubt that we’ll see any item changes being made after the ptr ends, at least none on a substantial level.

1 Like

They may surprise you. We shall see.

They might, but I’m not counting on it, as substantial changes would require testing, which wouldn’t be possible once the ptr ends.

1 Like

There are times when the testing is done on Live. Why do you think the forums exist? They save the feedback for the next PTR cycle. And the cycle never ends. They only respond to critical game-altering behavior and item changes are not deemed critical unless it alters the skill to break the game. If and when that happens, then a response is necessary.

The number of times they made substantial changes for the live update in comparison to its ptr counterpart is rare and few. As many others have said, the live patch notes rarely differ from it’s ptr patch notes (besides a few number differences here and there). Also their focus usually changes for each ptrs, so feedback that’s given in a previous ptr is rarely used in the next. Otherwise, Monks would have damage reduction in their sets, Crusaders would have decent or better Phalanx builds, Barbarians would get more love for non-ww and non-frenzy builds, and the list goes on.

This patch for example seemed particularly focused on getting wizards to use energy twister, hydras, and arcane orb, and while a few of the changes have some interesting interactions, most of the changes ask for a wonky interaction and was done at the cost of several existing builds. Frankly speaking, if there are no changes done in this ptr patch, then I highly doubt we’ll see any changes in the next few patches that pertain to the contents of this patch (besides some additional damage boosts here and there), as their focus will likely switch to another class (this may be especially true if the contents of future patches are of the same size as this one), who I hope get better changes than what wizards got in this patch.

3 Likes

i dont think ill be read but ill try it again (yes, AGAIN)

buff roland and hammerdin more

buff scrimshaw more

buff gungdo gear more.

2 Likes

And at least all the other builds that had just 100% or less added where they are 20 tiers behind everything else…
The PTR was once again used to just test the seasontheme and random numbers were spilled onto old sets.
And as we could see in the past, new or reworked sets didnt really work in the first season and got a buff or nerf later. Why not make em enjoyable right on? Theres alot of streamers out there that can give really good guesses on how much is missing for each set. JUST ASK and implement it. What can go wrong? Solo players clearing 150s? Thats already happening…

1 Like

Don’t worry guys i’ll tell you the changes before the season go out.

Nerf to Invoker Crusader.

Crusaders crying and complaining about that.

Necro pass throught the dark with the new buffs.

Bli$$ard keep making money because necro will be the beast Next season.

End of Story

Hey Filthie, thanks for the updates, I know with the PTR delay now Season 22 (Halloween+Diablo) is not an option. Any ET on the PTR? I want to know if we still have the weekend for testing or it was extended just 48 hours. Thanks!