PSA LoD Mammoth hydra testers, why are you -150% dpsing?

Hello?
I see many Furnaces cubbed and Bane of the Trapped in gem slot and am wondering why are you guys doing that instead of Echoing Fury and Pain Enhancer??

Do me a favor, go to D3 planner PTR, put your BoTT and Furnace in, then go to Mammoth frame rate chart. You’re probably around 1.6 aps or 2.4 pet aps. Cool right? Not, super slow!! Go to Pain enhancer put 30 mobs (the cap now), go to echoing fury put 5 stacks.

Walla, 4 aps or 5.89 pet aps which is 150% more dps. Not to even mention you’re stacking stricken 3.5x quicker. So do you want to do 50% more dps on elites and 45% more dps overall, or 150% more dps, with added dps and even more dps with stricken?

Even if you didn’t want to opt for the Pain Enhancer slotting the EF is still a 66% dps boost over 50% only on elites.

Pretty obvious choice at least for pushing (I can maybe understand lower speeds not wanting this, in which case I’d question why are you even using it instead of Vyr/chant), unless of course you just don’t want to lag everyone out, then you have somewhat of an excuse :stuck_out_tongue:

What is the strength of LoD Hydra? Is it mob killer or boss killer? Asking this because I still undecided whether I should play Wizard in the next season.

It’s pretty all purpose for both, Mammoths main strength I would say is boss killer though but it can wipe out a ton of mobs when you start stacking AD.

With 4 aps my 107 RG usually lasted 10 seconds solo… para 900, no augs, thrown together ancients (course perma rerolls help lol won’t be this out of the box strong on live)

Maybe its just what they like to use. Maybe they dont kill anything other then elites. making the extra 16% really useless.

The real question is why do you care?

It’s a PSA, just spreading the word! :heartpulse:

1 Like

Because upto 60% flat damage is better than situational attack speed, reliant on density. 5-10 mobs with pain enhancer < 5-10 mobs with bane of the trapped. Also Rift Guardians providing 3% attack speed is lame when you can have upto 60% damage against them.

1 Like

I’ll agree with that one for solo, but not groups where I’m seeing these kind of set ups. But for Furnace vs EF, EF always wins, it’s at worst and minimum 66% damage boost the entire rift vs situational 50% and it starts at +16% immediately on the RG and will scale 3 times a second from there.

Where are you seeing a RG with 10+ adds regularly? It’s situational at best. People will choose consistency over situational every day of the week. Thats why people use CDs during their CoE element window. It’s reliable.

I have no clue where you’re getting 16% immediately? or where it’s scaling 3 times a second? It’s 3% PER enemy bleeding. It doesn’t stack from a single enemy, which is 1 RG.

Group as in the rest of the rift, and neither CoE nor Furance is as reliable as EF in the entire rift. The RG melts.

Because I’m not talking about PE, I was talking about EF. 66 dps from 2 breakpoints advantage of EF - 50% (Furance) = still 16% advantage and that’s just starting. 3 times a second is the amount more of stricken stacks vs no EF 75% AS boost.

Aren’t LoD Hydras using Deathwish and Sigil?

Oh I misread, even still, EF needs to KILL an enemy to add a stack, which isn’t going to happen reliably in higher end GRs, and it falls off and becomes useless against RG’s that don’t have adds, or tough elites that take a bit more work to nuke down. Consistency > RNG. Every time.

Yah but you only need to hit the enemy to maintain the stack so it lasts all the way to the RG, again the RG is paper with that much AS stacking Stricken. Don’t knock it till you actually try it.

Yep, this is seasons only

Since when have you needed to hit to maintain the stack?
That’s wrong. You have to kill an enemy to maintain the stacks…

Therefore, EF is only up during trash and on RGs with adds, which don’t spawn fast enough to keep EF up 100% time on the RG. Which makes it situational and exclusively for trash.

As for knocking it until i’ve tried it… I use EF almost every season, I’m familiar with it’s mechanics… as well, if you don’t believe me, go do a GR and test your “hit to maintain the buff” statement. It’s false.

Oops, not sure which buff I was thinking off but yes EF falls off so really would only be good on RG’s that keep summoning like Hamelin, Skele, Erethron ect. Okay so maybe not that great solo, fine. But group it’s more than optimal.

Oh snaps people finally figured out they should use Witching Hour as well lol, no reason at all to have that channeling belt. Oooo and the secret is on the boards top 10 GG! And I do see a lot of EF cubes on leaderboards actually, not as bad as I thought.

I tested both ways . And at the end of the rift they all came out to be around the same time clears. But very noticable was the furnace and stricken for the rg.
Died twice as fast.

Yah when EF is up though it will be much quicker on the RG if it’s not single. However that’s like what 1/3 of RG’s? So I see what they’re saying.

Meh oh well new build anyway that can’t fit it, rather have 400-600% more dps :stuck_out_tongue:

I admit I could not get past 115 with LoD Hydra. What is the play pattern? You hard cast the Hydra get Area Damage right? And where do you position your Hydras, on top of you or on top of an elite?