Ps4/ps5 hacked gear leader board. Blizzard should be ashamed

The first 200 solo players on leader boards are with hacker weapons. The top 1000 people on 4 man are the same way. Blizzard need to full season ip ban these people. What a joke. What’s the point of trying if the top 4 man GR is a 150 done in 4 seconds. Sigh @blizzard admins. Y’all should be ashamed

2 Likes

This has been discussed before. Basically, Blizzard ends up stating it’s up to Sony to fix the leaderboards, and Sony ends up stating it’s up to Blizzard.

The bottom line is that neither will probably do anything (despite an easy fix of a sanity check being added to loading saved games), and you just have to accept that there are cheaters on the leaderboard, and base your true ranking off of subtracting who you think cheats.

1 Like

It’s not Blizzard’s fault that leaderboards are full of people with hacked gear, it’s Sony’s fault. The saves are stored locally and the PS4 save encryption keys have been hacked, leaving the saves completely exposed to editing. Blizzard can’t do a thing about that.

As for banning, that’s up to Sony too. In order to prevent a player with a hacked gear from participating an online session, his/her PSN account needs to be banned. That’s not up to Blizzard.

2 Likes

Not quite true.

When hacked Legendary Gems were a thing, rank 2 million Gem of Eases that gave 10,000 Paragon with one kill Blizz introduced a sanity check upon loading your save that any LG cannot be over 150 thus hack in a rank 3 million LG and load it into your game it is rank 150.

They could expand that sanity check to ensure as the game loads your save only legit gear is loaded in.

Heck if that is too much hassle let the gear come in and be loaded but put a check on the 13 slots so the gear can’t be used unless legit.

Sure it’s not Blizzards fault that Sonys console got hacked but they mitigated hacked Legendary Gems previously and could easily expand that solution to other items.

1 Like

Putting sanity checks on all gear is pretty much the only thing what Blizzard could effectively do. It’s not a brilliant solution but would be at least something. Instead of absurdly powerful items people would now on have “merely” perfect gear.

Still gives an unfair advantage over legit players although not as insane amount.

1 Like

Even if there were sanity checks on gear and gems, what about paragon levels? If it’s possible to edit local saves, doesn’t that include XP / paragon levels? If so, how do they sanity check whether someone legitimately has 10,000 paragon or whether they edited it to be that much?

1 Like

No one said it would be a perfect fix, but it could be a tolerable fix.

And a couple ways to resolve paragon. The game keeps track of monsters killed as well as your time played. Just have a simple formula that takes the max xp gained with a perfect massacre bonus, along with rifts & grift closes at max xp. And have it based on a realistic sanity check of a maximum amount of monsters you could kill per hour, and how long the season has been running, vs the system clock, with an assumption the season hasn’t gone over a year. (Yeah, it will be problematic should Blizzard ever forget the season, but we can come to that when we come to that).

Now, either they’d have to continue editing their save game constantly, or their change their system time, which could be problematic elsewhere. Doing the first would probably keep them locked to about 3000 paragon. Unrealistic, but not 4 second GR150 speeds.

EDIT
And it doesn’t necessarily have to be about deleting the gear. You could just permanently blacklist them from all the leaderboards should the game detect that they’ve exceeded parameters. Perhaps put in a delay, so their name appears, and then 3 days later just happens to disappear. Basically make it confusing into how exactly the sanity check is working, so that cheating for leaderboard spots becomes more effort than just playing fairly.

1 Like

Yes, Blizzard should be ashamed of what Sony has allowed to happen. Just like Blizzard should be embarrassed by Apple making Mac products ineffectual for gaming.

If the game forced online saves, bypassing local copies, it would help. But then, I know I would not play nearly as often as I simply detest “always online” requirements. F the cloud!

oh my god, really op?
you mean the same thing that happened every other season before s26 happened again?

like oh my god, how awful, and totally absolutely not expected any way possible.

What purpose does this post serve, besides showing of your lack of anything resembling interest in the online community? How will your pathetic attempt at sarcasm further the discussion? If you do not care for the topic, do not contribute. Grow up!

2 Likes

It’s a merry go round of Sony saying it’s upto Blizzard and vice versa.

That said, I bet my nutz that if you could monetize the process of removing hacked accounts it would over in an instance.

ever heard of online saves…like PC has? Nice attempt though.

Yes…it is an issue. #1 s6 impale DH (SC) has now done a GR140…no way in hell he is legit, but there’s no modded gear on his character, so I can only suspect that he has 10k paragon…

Yup, perma ban from LBs. Current season and all future seasons. Of course, I would also like Blizzard to work with Sony to perma PSN ban the buggers too…I"m a vindictive bastard sometimes lol.

For a long time, modded gear was made on PS3 and imported to PS4. Blizzard could have easily stopped allowing PS3 imported saves to the PS4 version of the game…would have stopped modded gear in its tracks. Of course, with the PS4 keys now cracked, the cheaters can mode the gear directly on the PS4. So, despite the Sony encryption keys being broken, Blizzard could have put a stop to modded gear very early on and didn’t. So, in essence, Blizzard isn’t innocent here either. Neither Sony or Blizzard are innocent. Both are massive corporations, and they already have our monies, so they have little incentive to fix problems.

Are you still here trolling? FYI, modded gear has ONLY been in seasonal play since s24. So, not “every other season” as you have put it. You might want to get your facts straight.

He really is a troll.