Proggresion new hero, 1-70 (monk) stops

It seems for new caracters the progession from 1-70 gets stuck after it jumps multiple lvls . For me it happend with a new monk.
Had alreadu reached full altar, 800para, cube unlocked, was playing solo nrift. Open field small cows area, helper pala and monk got stuck at lvl 10.

Started new game, hit a few pack but stopped at 17.

Exited diablo and restarted.
Now it progressed normaly.

The reason for this is that the mob level is snapshot when you go near them, and they do not level up with you.

In a rift, this is not a problem since the mobs will level up when you change floors or encounter new mobs.

In the cow level, they are all snapshot at level 1 when you first enter the level, so even though you are a higher level, the mobs are still level 1, and only give a small amount of XP.

The solution is to have a level 70 player create the game for you so that all the mobs start at level 70, or you can run rifts where the mobs level up with you as you go.

Not really a bug. The devs discussed this when they added Gem of Ease to the game, and they said that what I described above was the workaround and that they did not intend to change the leveling mechanics.

Thanks for the insight, makes sense. I actually experienced this just now at PTR 2.7.5 with all altar seals opened with new chars starting at T6. Never actually “felt” the effect before. It really feels like the xp-bar just stops growing after some very quick level-ups (until you change floor that is). I guess it comes with the xp-buff on PTR? Takes just a bit longer to lvl up, no biggy.