Problems with Diablo III

Been playing Diablo III for years and over the last few days, I have run into a problem I cant solve. Whenever i go into a fight, my character slows down to almost a stop, but my followers, the monsters and the effects all behave normally. I have stress tested my machine (should be more than capable to run this game), my internet connection (over a gig down and 20 mps up). I am having no other issues with any other game or video streaming for work and am at wit’s end. Thoughts???

Are you using Stone Gauntlets by any chance?

edit: You are. Whenever you get hit your movement speed is reduced up to almost complete stop.

10 Likes

He is, on his profile it showing

3 Likes

Please, read carefully items’ passives…

Stone Gaunlets

Getting hit increases your armor by 50%, but reduces your movement speed by 15% and attack speed by 20%. This effect stacks up to 5 times

2 Likes

Oh dear. Who’s gonna tell him? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Tell him about the boots he needs.

OP, wear these boots together with your stone gauntlet and now you will be a walking tank.

1 Like

Yet another case of selective reading/understanding. It’s amazing how many times this comes up. Why can’t people read the full description of the powers? :dizzy:

To counter the side effect one must do one of these:

1. Maintain 100% uptime on the class superform skill.
  2. Equip Ice Climbers.
  3. Use rank 25+ Invigorating Gemstone.

Any one of those methods is enough to counter the slowdown.

10 Likes

Playing DIII for years , 24K elites killed , paragon 300.

Ok you have stop DIII for years,not playing lol

5 Likes

I’ve stopped replying to these posts from people who can’t figure it out. I just cannot for the life of me understand why players are having such a hard time realizing what those gauntlets do.

6 Likes

Thank you all for your help! I was very concerned about my video card and my internet! I really appreciate you guys opening my eyes to how friendly and kind this forum could be. Hope you all have a fabulous day and I look forward to your help in the future!

9 Likes

If it’s a troll post, it’s a very good one! Congratulations!

3 Likes

I actually don’t have any problems understanding why people don’t understand or realize some random “easy” things at D3. For new or returning players, it’s just so many things coming at once that people can miss trivial things even though the solution is right under their nose.
For stone gauntlets I have seen many times same path to this: many leaderboard people have been wearing them and then people have copied the build. And once people copy the whole build, they don’t notice all the details… because they don’t understand how the build actually works under the hood and with all the nyances.

When I first tried taking stone gauntlets into use, I actually had the opposite problem - I didn’t understand how anyone could ever use them :slight_smile: .

But as OP said, all in all nice and friendly answers. This surely welcomes to stay with the community and post more.

6 Likes

Has nothing to do with copying a build. Look at profiles of players who bring this issue up - usually haphazardly thrown together. Has to do with people not reading what an item’s power does.

It goes like this:
Player zipping along, kicking butt, taking names.
Stone Gauntlets drop, they read first part of legendary power and say “OMG!!! I gain armor by getting hit! This is GREAT! Put 'em on, put 'em on, put 'em OOOONNNN!” but don’t read the second part about losing movement and attack speed
Go to forums and ask why hero is freezing up when the answer is staring them in the face.

1 Like

Nah, I have more faith in humanity.
I think those people just don’t realize they are actually turned to stone (stacks added) but instead expecting being slowed a bit (or a bit more - stacks multiplied). Then forgetting the whole thing due to many things going on and wondering wtf some time later.

Then some of them dare to ask a question. Poor beings, should know better - these forums are only for really good questions and not for mistakes.

5 Likes

I agree, OP’s simple question brought out the worst responses. I thought we were better than that. :frowning_face:

4 Likes

But you have two replies in the thread already :grin:

2 Likes

Not addressed to the OP, however.

When someone starts a thread with

I tend to get a little snarky when this type of question comes up.

1 Like

You found the very special superunique guest director cut with John Woo.

Congrats!

Only about .00000000000001% of all Diablo 3 players find this ultimate hidden gem.