Possible modded cosmetics in season?

This is just a suspicion of mine, but it is founded on solid logic and reasoning.

The past couple of seasons there have been people who rapidly climbed to very high gr clears on solo very quickly. One example would be last season there was a monk on HC xbox that achieved gr 120 within 1.5 weeks of the start of the season. He only had 11/13 items augmented and with only rank 100 augments. Having investigated his profile for clips/screen captures, I noticed he only had 1100 paragon when he did it. In the screenshot he was wearing the red modded wings. He did not appear on any group leaderboard.

I typically play monk every season and typically place in the top 3 easy, if not 1st. It took me all season to eventually beat his gr 120 by clearing a gr 121. I had very similar gear but had 2200 paragon and all 13 augments at 120+. It seemed very fishy that some one was able to achieve such a high clear so early with aparently much lower mainstat. Both myself and Trisk(fellow flawless admin) agreed that there had to be something going on. The both of us are pretty dedicated to the monk, and quit good with it.

There are several other players who openly cheat that I see wearing the exact same wings in their high clears.

Anyone able to provide insight as to weather or not modded stat cosmetics are in fact making it into seasons?

There are no mods in Diablo 3 (on PC).

I checked this out a year or so ago.

Cosmetics are account bound thus you can use them in Season so modded in cosmetics can be used in Seasons.

Yet, you cannot have the stats on them, they are simply cosmetic items.

So yes you can use modded cosmetics in Seasons yet they offer no benefit to the toon.

I know Trisk, good guy…but I can’t explain on XB1 a monk player doing a GR120 in the first 2 weeks of a Season with low paragon compared to you taking the whole season to beat him at Paragon 2,200.

I could explain it on PS4 as a Save Editor can be used but not XB1.

I checked the PS3 Save Editor that is used to get modded gear into the game (export/import into PS4) and the Save Editor offers no ability to add stats to cosmetic gear.

1 Like

Both Trisk and I found it very fishy. We both know the monk inside and out, and could not explain how this guy pulled off what he did so early. I was reluctant to jump to saying he was cheating, but how else do you explain gr 120 with the gear/paragon/augments he had?

There are save editors for xbox 360 though. They use that to introduce modded items and make changes to save game files. I did some digging and they are able to create characters, then change the identifier within the save data that makes the character softcore/hardcore dead/alive ect. Couldn’t they also change the identifier for it to be a seasonal character?

Maybe the best solution is to remove the ability to import…

1 Like

No…the save structure on lastgen cannot cater for Seasonal toons…

The save structure of last gen doesnt support newer items either, but they still mod in current gen items into last gen saves then import.

No…they mod in items in lastgen into currentgen…they cannot mod in NEW items in currentgen via lastgen…huge difference.

ALL the modded items in currentgen are lastgen items too.

Simple unique identifiers etc…but you cannot mod into Seasons…think about it…if you could then Seasons would be rampant with it.

Believe you me, I’ve tested the save editor on lastgen and it can’t be done. Even the Save Editor for PS4 has disabled editing Seasonal toons.

I have run across several people who had duplicated wings from season 17. They did not complete the season to earn the wings. I may be mistaken, but those wings were a new addition that was not added to last gen. The wings auto account bind when you actually earned them via season journey completion. How else are they duplicating and giving away copies of an auto bind only set of wings? Only one way comes to mind, a modified save file from xbox 360 that they added the item into, then imported the save on xbox one. Last I knew they couldn’t modify xbox one save data.

You are thinking of LaughingNikke. He exploits with mats, but to think he had modded gear is laughable. He is a solid player and It was first time pushing with monk. That says a lot his and your skill level.

Whenever I see Flawless in the Diablo forums, it reminds me of the personal facial hair grooming device for women in commercials.

Flawless by Finishing Touch Flawless - Instant and Painless Facial Hair Remover is the revolutionary new facial hair removal device that erases hair instantly and painlessly without the irritation that comes with plucking, waxing, or depilatories.

I believe that once you cross into exploits, modding is not a far stretch, like many of the former D3 friends I played with that were caught. I personally remove friends who exploit/cheat in any way.

The wings for S17 were not new though? A lot of cosmetics are in the lastgen too as in the codebase for the game.

Fellow Monk man myself and somebody was clearing a 120 with 1100 paragons??? I finsished last 2 Seasons with 115+ with my Gen Monk, and play WoL as well so i know its capabilities…

Seems very fishy to me… Thats something a Vrys/Chantodo could do and Monks dont got the damage output thats comparable to Vyrs/Chanto

I don’t believe it was laughingnikke, I have seen his name around before, even on the monk boards (typically several ranks behind) The person I am referencing was a completely new gamertag.

Kind of a low blow attempt there Iconoclast. Trying to make it sound like maybe I have significantly lower skill level compared to a person who supposedly has never played monk. Nice try, but try again.

1 Like

Let’s make things clear for EVERYONE. Save editors are able to bring new items into d3 nextgen they won’t show on last gen but when imported will bring into nextgen. You cannot add stats to cosmetics as said above. However. It seems everyone in this post seems to be dead set one way or the other with neither stating true facts. All a save editor does is say this item has this id and these stats so when gbid’s are listed for new items. Save editors are able to bring them into nextgen. It is impossible to mod seasons on nextgen due to last gen not being properly coded for nextgen seasons. It’s impossible to stat mod anything in seasons. You are still able to add resources with the PS4 save editor but Xbox doesn’t have that so again. It is impossible to stat mod in seasons.

Apart from Switch…which can.

1 Like

Wings, portraits (other than Paragon based ones), banners and pets carry over to Seasons.

There is no way to use modded gear on PS4 or XboX during season play. But they can on switch.

1 Like

You’re completely discounting player skill and strategy. For example, up until about a month ago, every DH on softcore side “knew” that Impale was the pushing build. Until, 1 player wreaked everyone with a…Multishot. I actually know that player. He did it with skill and strategy. No mods, no cheating. Just really good understanding of the game mechanics, build mechanics and seasonal buff mechanics.
I’m sure you’re pretty good, top3 is no joke. But, try playing on softcore side, it’s a lot more competitive. Besides, on XB you can use “logout glitch” to get back your dead characters. This is why I quit playing HC. I won’t explain how it works, but it does work. So, imagine what you could do with 0 in Vit.

1 Like

@greenlobster, who are you referring to, discounting player skill and strategy??

Phishing is the most important thing. It would be interesting if leaderboards showed time played/paragon like on PC as well as the floor completed in the GR to give an actual comparison.

1 Like