Poor defence from the following

In my stats tab under defence I have 0% defence against physical melee attacks, range missile attacks and 0% defence to crowd control.

Is this normal? I am only at 1025ish paragon points.

Are these stats only improved via gear rolls?

Don’t worry about it too much. There are lots of “buckets” of defense stats. There’s armor and resistances, which cut incoming damage by quite a lot. Then there’s gear bonuses like unity, band of might, etc. Of course then there’s skills that provide mitigation.

Then there’s melee and ranged damage reduction, which is kind of like icing on the cake. You’ll want to get these via secondary affixes on your bracers and chest pieces.

Crowd control resistance is also secondary affix on some pieces. I know rings and helm can roll it. It’s very good for builds that don’t have built-in CC resistance. Usually you want 100% uptime of something like ignore pain or wrath of the berserker.

If you do find a bracers with both 7% ranged and melee reduction, that can help with staying alive. Usually differences in vitality and other primary stats make more of a difference though.

Thank you for your reply, your advice has helped. Thank you.

No prob. Checked your profile, try to get Rend damage on your shoulders, and trade out your skullgrasp for band of might. That will give you enough toughness to drop nerves of steel and aquilla for weapon master and mantle of channeling. Switch your whirlwind rune to blood funnel and your rend rune to bloodbath. Change battlerage to ferocity or into the fray.

If you make those changes you should see a big increase in…well just about everything :wink:

Make sure you check Free’s stickied guide.

1 Like

Thanks again Poconut. I will try those changes later.

I tried your changes but found I was running out of fury, more so on the last boss.

I’ve decided to keep the wind shear rune for whirlwind and have recently managed a 100 solo grift.

Huh, did you try weapons master? The healing from blood funnel is really really good, so you’re missing out a little.

Thanks again Proconut. Just changed that also, so now I can do a greater rift solo 102.

1 Like