Poison scythe inconsistent damage

Hi everyone
I have been recently trying to play poison scythe necro build for GR pushing.
you can check out my build here

https://www.d3planner.com/529784155

But for some reason, I have inconsistent damage while playing this build, sometimes I half the elite hit points in a single swing but then after failed to even kill the trash around it, and it deals very low damage, I can see the sims swinging and hitting, but I can’t see the expected damage.

when I check the leader’s board I can see builds with lower specs and paragon clearing higher GRs that what I can, so I think I am definitely doing something wrong, the highest I could clear was 118 in 14:25 minutes.

what could be that I am doing wrong?

maybe when you can half those elite , is when it’s Poison damage buff during your COE rotation?

PS: btw , Nice COE ring

1 Like

That was one of the things that came to me to test, and found that even in the poison cycle the sims were not doing and good damage, it was just a little bit better.

Number of ennemies hit, CoE, Nayr’s stacks, positionning of Simulacrums, Essence drop, ennemies resistances to Krysbin triggers might be source of inconsistency in damage.

I’m using this variation

https://eu.diablo3.com/fr/profile/Isend-2850/hero/135053566

100% slowdown (1) means Immobilization = Krysbin x3
Blind chance = Krysbin x3

(1) Bane of the Trapped, Rigor Mortis, Nova Blight, Cursed Scythe

1 Like

What level you could clear with this?!

830 parangon, no augments, I’m at GR 101. I need to level gems. I’m a casual player.

Could it have been the seasonal theme proc’ing? Poison scythe is a good build to take advantage of it when pushing, because it’s pretty good at clearing stacked groups of enemies with area damage, similar to GOD DH.

You mean when it was doing the good damage?! I dont think so, i could have noticed if that was the case.

It sometimes doesn’t register visually, but still does damage. I’ve noticed it happen several times, just by keeping an eye on the timer.

Sims supposed to damage in regards of my essense amount, they should take max effect, right?! Unless something changed

Simulacrums have no essence.
Therefore they apply maximum damage on each hit.
Which means you can safely stay at maximum Essence with Aquila, while your Simulacrums make damage for you, at the condition ennemies are in the range of their respective Grim Scythes.

I did few things to improve my toughness, life gem in helmet, rubies in armor, got a prima trag, learned few things about the build, got some paragon and now and did solo gr 123 with it and i am sure can higher now.
It seems i needed toughness to keep my sims alive, and needed to pay good attention to my poison cycle for coe, plus i need to group a good number of mobs and never try to kill a single target elite.
Still the build sucks on the RG and i need to be lucky to kill it.
Thank you all for the reply