Poison Scythe and NG

After reading a comment on discord I decided to head on out and test out whether simulacrums receive the double damage from Nephalem Glory. Short form is, they don’t.

I am on switch. I took off all my gear except Aquila and had a weapon unequipped. Messer, illusory, and haunted visions in cube. No AD. Crit chance at 5 and crit damage at 50. Torment 1.

Swinging away me and my two sims did around 600 every hit. Grabbed weapon killed enough enemies to pop a couple globes, unequipped weapon. My nec was doing 1200 or so but my sims were still sitting at 600.

I am not an avid tester and know that there is a very good chance I made a mistake somewhere and would love feedback and help from others as to the validity of this and how much it might actually affect pushing with poison scythe.

Thanks

1 Like

Did you by chance re-cast sim with nglory up and if so, was there a difference? I don’t suspect it will make any difference.

My mate did this testing on PS4

it seems simulacrums is a little off as well on PS4.

First it is assume simulacrums always read max damage for ledger equip on yr offhand.

Assuming you are on 0 essence you do 20 dmg while on max essence you do 1 dmg.

simulacrums should always does 20 dmg be it you are at max essence or regardless but it appears weird numbers.

next the NG is truth simulacrums be it you have NG or not it seems to appear the same dmg whereas your main necro is double.

the ledger is weird

1. equip on not simulacrums seems to be having the same damage meaning if you are max essence or not you be doing 1 or 20 whereas your simulacrums is still at 1

2. but weirdly there is another one confirm that simulacrums does the same dmg as you meaning if you are doing 1 or 20 depending on yr essence simulacrums does almost the same as you 1 or 20 but the NG applies means if you gotten NG you be at 2 or 40 but simulacrums stays at 1 or 20.

these 2 result varies too much IMO btw my testing I gotten is number 1. I have tested both ledger/ammy sent to me

NG doesnt double damage for ANY skill…it just doubles damage full stop.

NG has never interacted with any skill/passive etc…it simply doubles the final number.

All number beneath that are not important and NG is never displayed in terms of numbers on your profile, dont ever rely on your profile to display your damage/toughness etc as is the case with many numbers even on PC.

In other words, don’t bother testing NG against certain skills, it doesn’t work like that.

I will say though that Ratruns on PC and Ratruns on Console feel a lot different where on Console it is much harder in terms of dps.

Alrighty. Tested some more.

First I will say that I was not looking at my sheet damage while testing. I was looking at the actual damage numbers that appear on screen over the monsters while I am attacking.

Two, I tried as was mentioned above and recast sims after picking up a nephalem globe…and now the sims are doing double damage. Before picking up the globe my nec and sims were doing between 600 and 700 (the only item equipped was aquila. Haunted visions was in cube). After grabbing the globe we were all doing between 1200 and 1400.

I’ve been looking at grim scythe necro today (and a few other things) and was the one who commented on discord about Sims not benefitting from Nephalem Glory buff. Here’s everything i know so far.

In my testing setup with Ledgers and Haunted Visions cubed my Necro does 66000 dmg per hit, while the Sims do 701000.

701000/66000 = 10.6

Grim Scythe generates 12 essence per hit, Ledgers 80% increase damage to Scythe per point restored so on a single target its 12 x 80% = 960%

960% is a 10.6 multiplier to Scythes damage so math checks out. As we already know, Sims benefit from full Ledgers bonus at all times, independently from the players Essence pool.

I tried all kinds of different scenarios and i never saw the Sims getting the double damage buff, with or without Ledgers cubed.

Pick up globe, cast Sims, no double damage.
Sims already casted, pick up globe, recast Sims, no double damage.

Other things that are still present from PTR:

Dual Scythes rune of Grim Scythe ignores the players Essence pool and behaves like the Sims benefitting from full Ledgers bonus at all times.

Mantle of Channeling now works with Syphon Blood, you can channel Blood Syphon to activate MoC and since the MoC buff stays up for 1 sec after you stop channeling, it will buff the damage of Grim Scythe during that period of time, making MoC the best in slot shoulders imo since you dont need to dump essence with Sims.

Last but not least, Phantasm rune of Spirit Barrage is the only rune that doesnt benefit from Nephalems double damage buff. Thats why the WD has been so weak compared to PC. A real shame because that build is really sick to play in 4p.

Obviously there’s no point in reporting any of this to Blizz since we all know nothing will ever happen, sucks for console, back to garbage Twister Wiz.

Edit: Upon further testing, turns out the Sims double dip on the Trag’Oul’s Corroded Fang multiplier.

Testing setup 150% (2.5 multiplier) Trags equipped, damage range rolled off, ruby inserted, Ledgers cubed.

Necromancer damage against non-cursed ennemy: 53492
Sim damage against non-cursed ennemy: 567022

567022/53492 = 10.6, ledgers full bonus to Sims on a single target.

Necromancer damage against cursed ennemy: 133725
Sim damage against cursed ennemy: 3574707

Necro damage: 133725/53490 = 2.5, Trags multiplier applied fine
Sim damage: 3574707/567022 = 6.3

2.5 x 2.5 = 6.25, Trag’oul’s corroded fang bonus is applied twice.

With a 200% Trags, the Sims would get a x9 multiplier instead of x3.

1 Like

Awesome. That is amazing info and thank you.

Wow, very insightfull information. Thank you Zoos83.

I missed this post but thanks to recent Zoos83 posting have read the information.

Zoos83, I’m going to create a Console Bug Report and use your information as the reference.

This has to be sorted.

1 Like

Nick did you ever get a reply on this bug report?

Sadly not…no reply at all…