Topic Deleted **********

Clearly this set was vastly overpowered.

143+6-1? 148 or close to/around 150 which is what I said. Iā€™m going off what yā€™all are saying so check your math. Donā€™t have to be a prick to me about it.

No, we havenā€™t since I wrote that juggernauts are instaskip. It is otherwise impossible to calculate the effect, especially when considering inconsistencies for example that strongarms work regardless of cc acquired immunity (ā€œhit by knockbackā€ debuff) whereas krysbin does not (it actually requires the CC to be in place). At least to the best of my understanding.

It really is easier to just revert the nerf (which would be almost unprecedented) than to bring yet another generic % dmg to a weapon slot which may have unpredictable consequences (and lead to future nerfs etc).

2 Likes

You should worry more about Tals and Firebirds

1 Like

Everyone thinks nerfs are unnecessary, sometimes they are, in this case, given the current system, probably so. It makes you wonder what kind of uproar the community will have if they decide to scale everything back.

Whether itā€™s by a MUCH NEEDED stat sqiuish or rolling everything back to a much lower greater rift capability, itā€™s almost imperative for it to happen to cut back on the lag in game. We should have never been able to hit gr150, let alone do it solo. This pipe dream that all players seem to be chasing, is almost pointless as it was never the intention.

Personally I say roll everything back to a GR80 and let us work from there forward. This would give players the chase they desire to push further, and get away from the who can do it quicker. It will curb all the complaint threads about wanting gr150+ as well.

I have a better idea ā€¦ Bring back the original power of chantodo, but keep double elements.
What you call a ā€œissueā€ I call a differential, a very rewarding version, something that needs some brain to play ā€¦

1 Like

I personally donā€™t see it at all as an exploit that archon damage changes element dynamically but I do get your point that this hard to play build may be the reason that core Vyr Chantodo is still nerfed (is it? who knows, no transparency whatsoever). However, seeing that their ā€œsolutionā€ to bazooka significantly weakened so many channeling builds (which are now dead btw due to etched), Iā€™m really worried what they will come up with if they actually try to do something.

You would clear trash much more efficiently, but you would lose a lot of time on the RG, because there are DR on Freezes. Total buff Iā€™d estimate about ~5 GRs.

Is this better than reverting the nerf? I honestly donā€™t know. It would be better for speed runs. It would shift damage from Chantodoā€™s to elsewhere. It would make two previously useless items usable, even powerful.

The cons of this change?? None. Nothing; literally nothing I can think of. Furnace would cease to be a useable Wizard item. That's it.
2 Likes

The only (easily doable) salvation for channeling would be that both DW and ES were changed to affect only channeling skills and they need a serious (!) buff and mechanical update afterwards.

Wizard channeling has several issues:

1. the skill itselfs (AT, Dis, RoF) is weak and has insufficient dedicated item support.
  2. the stand-still-to-deal-damage mechanic is flawed by design. Itā€™s damage ramp up is hindering at best, the stutter-step playstyle is annoying and channeling itself needs a high mobility to counter the time you have to stand still.
  3. very vunerable to hard cc like knockback or nightmare and very vulnerable to area based elite affixes that force you to relocate. As channeling deals no damage while moving, killspeed becomes horrible.

On a side note, Disintegrate and Ray of Frost are basically the same, essentially both provide a beam style attack. One pierces by default, the other applies cc by default. Had it been me, I had merged this into ONE skill:

Ray of Frost (Secondary)
Cost: 16 Arcane Power

unruned
Project a piercing beam of frozen ice that blasts enemies within 7 yards of the first enemy hit for 430% weapon damage as Cold and Slows their movement by 60% for 3 seconds.
Ray of Frost damage is increased by 405% weapon damage every second, up to a maximum total of 1240% weapon damage as Cold.
Cold Blood
Reduce channeling cost to 11 Arcane Power and increases the Slow amount to 80% for 3 seconds.
Fire Lances
Releases a dual beam of scorching flames, allowing you to hit more enemies. Ray of Frostā€™s damage turns into Fire.
Disintegration
Coverts the beam into pure energy. Targets hit take 15% increased damage from Arcane for 4 seconds. Enemies killed by the beam, have a 35% chance to explode causing 1350% weapon damage as Arcane to all enemies within 10 yards. Ray of Frostā€™s damage turns into Arcane.
Chaos Nexus
While channeling the beam you become charged with energy and discharge at nearby enemies dealing 225% weapon damage as Lightning.
Sleet Storm
Create a swirling storm around you that grows up to a 22 yard radius, dealing 300% weapon damage to all enemies caught within it. The damage is increased by 220% weapon damage every second, up to a maximum total of 740% weapon damage.
You now move to your target while channeling and the element of Ray of Frost is aligned to your highest static elemental bonus to skill.

Admittedly, this woukd still leaves the stand-still mechanic on most runes, but at the very least, we would have room for a diffenrent (non channeled) spender on that skill slot.

1 Like

The ramp up effect can be handled by having an item (like Deathwish for example), make the spells deal their full ramped damage; while improving teleport can greatly help with the lack of mobility.

1 Like

Obviouslyā€¦ but where is it? I repeat: WHERE? This would be perfect timing to do something about that. But alas, no, againā€¦ they break working things and donā€™t bother to fix the underlying issue with wiz channeling that caused this mess. It might help if theyā€™d remember why they created Etched Sigil in the first placeā€¦ because channeling was crap. Destroying this item will just take everything back to that stateā€¦

1 Like

Oh thatā€™s easy to answer: Itā€™s in our dreams where we can only hope thatā€™ll come true, but in reality, itā€™s nowhere on Blizzardā€™s to-do list. Sort of like how I wish the Archon skills can do damage by themselves, without needing chantodo; however with how things been progressing for our class, itā€™d be a miracle if something like that does happen.

But in all seriousness, itā€™s one of those things (among many other things regarding this game) that we can only hope that will come to pass. Honestly, I donā€™t see wizards getting anything good in this upcoming patch. At this point, I donā€™t see anything good for wizards unless blizzard revert the etched sigil change.

2 Likes

The issue isnā€™t so much the damage part - sure, that hurts as hell, but the real deathblow is losing the autocasts. Without those, you can stop trying to make Meteor channeling work. The only thing where Channeling and Meteor would still work to some degree is within Tal Rasha. And thatā€™s also where I would have compensated wizards for this fiasco. Probably update the set like this:

This could replace the Etched Sigil autocasts with Tal Rasha set autocasts. I can picture this combined with SoJ, so Meteors of all elements deal full damage. The idea behind that would be using different elemental skills to pull Meteors. Could either be a channel build or a generator in combination with Fragments of Destinyā€¦ but that requires a change to FoD so that Spectral Stacks will buff all spenders instead of just Hydra.

My TR version would offer 50% CDR on 4 stacks. Pair that with the shorter base cooldown of 6 seconds and something around 50% CDR on your gear and youā€™d roughly end up at one Meteor (each element) every 1.5 seconds. Thatā€™s pretty close if not better than Etched Sigil, seeing that you cast different Signaturels for this and get multiple Meteors. And TR 6 piece would add to Meteor and Black Hole aoe radius.

But I have little hope that they will do anything close to that.

I agree to this, not necessarily Chantodo (will be nice anyway) but just because wizard at the moment is a DEAD class , no one wants wizards anywhere, not on T16, not on speeds and of course not in meta. Wizards need a buff to be close to the other classes, whe I try to check leaderboards always skip wizard class because honestly its sad to see at the moment.

5 Likes

Oh I can only hope that they donā€™t ruin Vyr Archonā€¦ That would devastate me far more than just about any other possible class balance change they could do.

2 Likes