PlugY won't be available in D2R

That’s very unfortunate. At least it seems that GoMule had a modification that made it work with the D2R Alpha, so we aren’t completely doomed.

Exactly. Data modifications, even the new bits moved to txt files in D2R, won’t be enough to create the same type of complex mods we’ve seen over the past 20 years. Blizzard and VV need to reverse the stance on code mods or mods will continue to be on OG Diablo 2.

2 Likes

They could exercise patience. As everyone should. Being outright negative does nothing and is far from productive and just creates animosity that spreads like a plague, as these forums and Reddit have proven.

They’ve not talked much about anything in regards to D2R so it should be taken the with a grain of salt the ramifications things like removing TCP/IP will have in the future without knowing what their plans are. For all we know, they could be adding support for all of the glorious things related to modding.

Acting like their silence automatically means the end is pure ignorance.
I get it that it sucks we don’t know anything but that is just how they’re handling the project. If you don’t want to feel like you’re being left hanging, stop following the development.

1 Like

Well, and then there is the possiblity to voice your concerns and to hope that the people in charge listen. I don’t get why that is “laughable” or “impatient” … that is the normal thing you do when you have the feeling that things don’t go the way you want to.

And it is not even negative in any way - the mod-community wants D2R - its like christmas to them (and me). But it seems like it will be a box of socks.

All mods have to be updated to play on D2R.

So wait for the fix.

I don’t play mods or bot.

I love D2 as is!

Plugy isn’t really needed for D2R since Blizzard is officially adding the majority of the QoL features it had

It would be cool if SINGLE PLAYER/offline had an option for 10x more enemies on the maps in D2R to make it quicker to level up and get more item drops

Problem is, if you want to be sure you can refund, if mod support turns out to be a lie, then you cant have too much patience, as you might not be able to refund after release.

Blizzard need to be honest, and tell customers what they are selling.

The main argument for using PlugY was the almost infinite inventory space.

I love collecting items and I could only really live that out with PlugY.

In addition, I was able to simply reset the statpoints than on the normal route.

I hope this has been translated reasonably well by Google.

Many greetings
Mind-of-Arc

3 Likes

The only thing we don’t have from PlugY, currently, is infinite stash space. They gave us the rest of the features already.

Well considering they never responded to several modders communications, it’s pretty obvious.

1 Like