Pls give back the tetris

It’s archaic.

This hasn’t been done in very many traditional RPGs. If you want my opinion on the best RPGs out there, it’s the Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape:Torment games. Their inventory system didn’t implement this and instead used a weight system.

But Diablo is not a traditional RPG. It’s not an RPG at all, it is an ARPG. And I’m not sure why you think the game of tetris is particularly immersive or realistic, either, I don’t think that’s a terribly valid argument for the system. Backpacks don’t come in grid layout sizes, they come with a cubic area and weight limitation. There are better ways to represent these elements.

On the note of backpacks, though, if we got tetris, at least let us buy backpack sizes, able to eventually trivialize the game of tetris. This gives us the tetris, but also lets us earn the convenience of a more modern inventory.

1 Like

Sure it is. It just needs more space.

Well, D2 was… D3 is not.

The thing about tetris inventories is, that is just a small part of a lot of things, which got streamlined to optimize the comfort for the player. That exactly that is one of the reasons, why D3 has become super boring to most people who love the franchise.

3 Likes

picayune……………………

I say it again^^
Just make every inventory/stash relatively bigger and its enough space and also looks good

An inventory screen that takes up more than 16% of the screen does not look good, I assure you.

I disagree lol, prefer a bit bigger with better presentation than smaller.

The fun in an arpg is not “killing monsters”, it is character building and analyzing itemization and affixes for a goal. Killing monsters is seeing your analysis and theory crafting put into effect.

You are playing the wrong game and trying to get blizzard to not make an ARPG when you think “killing monsters” is all its about.

2 Likes

And how do you get the levels to make a character and items to drop so you can equip your character?

By killing monsters.

So GTA is about shooting ppl in the head?

You can disagree, but it doesn’t make it any less of a fact. Inventory and character stat screens, if connected, shouldn’t take up more than 33% of the screen. That means the inv is 16.5% of the screen.

The worst part about this reply is that you’re contesting the aspect of itemization, character building, and so on which are pillars of the RPG in this game. So it looks my reply to the last person applies to you, you’re playing the wrong game and you’re trying to get blizzard to make a game that is not ARPG.

Eh that’s my problem with D3 and the direction i’m scared for continuing though. It feels like it’s more so being considered now just an " Action " hack and slash. Most of the RPG elements seem to be taken away steadily.

How is that a “fact” and not just subjective opinion? Is there some universal magical law I don’t know about that decides how much % of a screen can be an inventory?

1 Like

Well from their last blog post, it seems like they’re going to move more towards “RPG” aspects from the feedback.

Everything about the design philosophies for D3 have polluted the definition what this type of game is supposed to be.

If blizzard is going to make an ARPG they need to keep the RPG in there, otherwise they need to make two distinct games, one for the mindless hack n slash people and one for RPG players.

1 Like

Which I think is great and hope it continues!

Yes, actually there is.

Love this one personally :slight_smile:

https://giantbomb1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/0/9385/247590-sacred5.jpg

I’m not contesting them? They are part of the same thing. The whole game is killing monsters for loot and exp for levels. That is an arpg.

I don’t want poor items and skill building. I’ve already said in the thread further up that I want a good skill system/good items. Or deep or whatever word I said.

1 Like