Pls give back the tetris

Console in D1 and D2 times wasnt as dominating as in today’s gaming industry. Aiming solely for PC market is not smart marketing. The D3 system, whether one size inventory items or 6 button skills caters console market as well. Its cost effective to release same engine for both PC and Console.

Its cool you still living in the past, we all do and nostalgic about certain things. Diablo franchaise needs to move onto modern age. Frankly speaking, Diablo no longer market leading oppose to back in the days. Back tracking to D1/D2 mechanics isnt going forward but stepping back wards. What D4 needs is next age gameplays that defines new ARPG META. What you demand is old age RPG. We have D2 and many D2 clones for it.

Maybe for you who have 10 hrs a day doing nothing but sorting inventory. Other players prefer using these times killing mobs after work.

Why else do you play an ARPG not for the action part?

1 Like

Charms are a good thing :0
Let me explain with reasons

It gives extra individual choices to the player to decide to eighter keep inventory space or some extra stats
Besides that, more slots to fill with gear is always nice
Imo, the system is outdated, as we are talking about inventories :stuck_out_tongue:
I would suggest something like a charm cube
But as you can already carry rings and amulets, i dont need charms back
They are cool because extra stats
But its not rlly neccessary

thats a very good example for what i was saying before
why do i play an ARPG? for the action, for the character development, for the story, for the atmosphere, for the rewarding loot, for the rewarding levels…
what you want, is an arcade game
go play one and leave ppl alone, who are actually interested in an aRPG

Charms are just another item in the game, what is wrong with charms?

Oooooofcourse… Here we go :man_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :stuck_out_tongue:

That was supposed to be a “hook up”, not alter the main discussion lol

AGAIN, let’s use reason, not fanboy the nostalgia at any cost… This is the EXACT SAME TALK like SC2 threads were back at the time of the type “Give us back the cap of 12 unit selection” lol

1 Like

you seem to be trolling on different topics
just go and read the reasons i am making

All I am saying is, that I want a simplified tetris back aswell, because it is an authentic mechanic in the game. You can make it more comfortable for the player with an auto-sort option or so, but it is not fanboying to wish for old mechanics, that gave depth and immersion to the game.

3 Likes

Yep… Look & Feel was the reason… You might add up things like being wounded on the hand makes you miss more often with that particular weapon…

I’m personally on the brink of giving other reasons for this one (having unique skill tree and unique classes that didn’t exist anywhere before as well as the introduction of shamans, i.e. mobs that you had to take care of first in a fight and commit deeper) but ok… as you wish lol

I suppose a simplified version wouldn’t hurt but then again = you’re referring to a memory rather than a mechanic though, which is (again) my main point I wanted to bring up lol

No one is speaking of the tetris system replacing all the other RPG elements, which ofc should be part of the game… You are really just trolling, man. I mean there is absolutely no logical connection between your last post and to our posts, reasoning why we want a more authentic inventory.

And ofc it is a mechanic (OFC one I have in memory lol). What is even your point? That the mechanic should not be part of D4, because I can memorize it? xD What logic is that?

And btw, if you are stating, that I only want the tetris system back, because I remember D2 as being super cool 10 years ago:

I still play D2 and it is not for nostalgic reasons. Actually the graphics are super ugly to look at IMHO and D2 has some major weaknesses, being the reason, why I don’t play it a lot (like no endgame). But it still had super cool mechanics, that made people sink thousands of hours in that game.

So it is only reasonable to discuss in forums, which of these mechanics might be essential and which might be fun for the sequel…

You are confused. What you wanted is RPG with combat. Its not ARPG. The difference is character developemt to action ratio. ARPG is 30% development, 70% action. Pure RPG, is vice versa. What you demand whether its 1st person (3rd person) action or turn based battle has little effect. Go play PURE RPG and leave ACTION rpg fans alone.

Your profile on EU… why are you commenting on D3 forum where you have not even scratched the surface in this game?

1 Like

I guess at the end of days I found the “return of the tetris” a superbly ridiculous talking point hence the talking style of making fun of… And you have to admit it it’s like the only way to stop people do so, BUT, if tetris is what you want then tetris is what you want

At the end of days the main points of each topic would be what is the gain and what is the loss ?, the gain is “look & feel” and the loss is “sitting as a duck” browsing through your “purse” sometimes even on the battlefield (maybe, potentially, somewhat)

I personally prefer the high gain low risk systems or high-risk high-reward, but if you see the “return of a tetris” as a low-risk-low-reward then fine, I personally don’t see it like “harmless” (nor “rewarding”) though

Where did you get your percentage wise definition of an ARPG? lol… First of all, an ARPG is an RPG with a lot of action, not an action game with RPG elements. Take a look at the first ARPGs, you will find WAY more than 30% RPG, considering all the mechanics, items, skills and so on.

Yeah, I also don’t want the tetris from D2, it is too tedious. But I think personally, that a game, completely based on high gain low risk systems, will lack greatly on detail of the game world. Which makes the games, I loved to play the most, so great, was usually the developers’ love for details. So a lot of little low-risk-low-reward systems give more depth, more detail => more authenticity IMO

1 Like

when a ring is blocking a chestpiece from fitting into your inventory because it is positioned slightly off - that makes the game look stupid AF. When you have to manually move it, it becomes frustrating.

Also I don’t think that Diablo should be about inventory management. Inventory size in this game shouldn’t be about simulation of weight or size that you can carry. It should merely be a limiting factor to make you return to town and sort through all that stuff once in a while - not too often, but not too infrequent.
That’s the only purpose of inventory in D3, and I think it’s a good way.

In D2 the inventory adds a level of simulation and management to your game, but it’s unnecessary. The main gameplay loop of ARPG is killing enemies and fighting. Any mechanic that stops this process too often - is a bad one. And inventory management is just that.

2 Likes

What’s with everyone’s rose colored glasses for everything old? The tetris was not the fun part of Diablo 2. Geez.

3 Likes

It makes them look like they belong to an elite when they reminisce about “Good Old Times when the games were greener… ahem, better”
It gives them a feeling that they can claim that they know better and that their words carry more value.

In other words, the same reason why old geezers like to talk about Old Times so much when they speak to younger generations. How everything was better, and how THEY were better.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s so narcissistic. People just want Diablo 4 to be a good game, and that means different things to different people.

5 Likes

lelelelel i might open more topics, as this is just getting too ridiculous :smiley:

“its so frustrating to move items by hand, i just want to get back to killing”

as i said: go play an arcade game
what actually are you looking for in that “rpg” part of your ARPG?
a ton of gold and green items and a website that tells you, which ones to keep?

As you could know, if you had read the posts, instead of only the title of the thread, we actually have certain reasons for this system to be better in our opinion.

Don’t know what’s wrong with you people, opening a thread and offending people, who are constructively discussing about old mechanics and which of them might give improvements to a new Diablo. You come here and accuse us of feeling better than others. Better think about what you are writing, instead of acting like a prejudging fascist.

For me, it would be nice to have diffent sized items and just make the inventory bigger, or scrollable even, with a limit to the number of items you can carry influenced by str (muahaha). Some valuable found items could function like a bag of holding and decrease carry weight etc.