Ploot is perfect for non-ladder

Why do you want to doom NL played with ploot? Did I upset you? Y u do dis!

With ladder items/runewords now being added to non-ladder, this will affect way more people than you think. I actually expect more people to play non-ladder than ladder, and unless the vast majority want PLoot there’ll be quite a bit of grumbling. I know personally I plan to play Non-Ladder and I would not be in favor of this.

Blizzard always go back on their word. So it’s gonna be put somewhere sooner or later. I don’t think they’ll make separate realms for ploot only.

perhaps take your own advice and edit the thread, as its plain out rude and insulting what you wrote to some people.

1 Like

How is it insulting? It’s okay if some people are different. I’m not an ableist.

It’s his fourth unfaithful thread of that kind.
He knows what he is doing.

A toxic topic that's breaking ToS, please shut it down

A Space for Game Changes

Changeists should have minimal influence on D2R

Honest Question for Ploot Advocates

All of them with misleading titles to veil an elitist anti-ploot rant.
As soon as he gets shut down in one thread, he puts up the next.

Edit: fifth actually. Boy, time flies.

5 Likes

Can you stop assuming my gender please. I’ve already asked you once and you’ve done it again.

“lower-percentiles of the player skill distribution, who are defeatist”

telling people who don’t play/enjoy ladder or dont have time for it they are lower skilled is quite insulting its strange you dont find it so.

1 Like

I said mostly. Not everyone is like that. Edit: i changed it to be more clear for you.

Please provide a source to your claim or are you simply assuming so and thus insulting people by doing so?

2 Likes

Only adding Ploot to non-ladder would be a reasonable compromise imo :+1:
For every day that passes, more and more people are agreeing to adding Timed Allocation Loot to D2R. It is great to see. This is exactly why this discussion keeps going on. As more people are introduced to the concept, more people support it.

Shouldn’t really be needed to limit Timed Allocation Loot to non-ladder though, as long as the game has separate Original 1.14 server, forever after preserving D2R the way it is at release, and a Future Changes server, for everything that might be patched in.

I would be happy to see it on non-ladder. i just think it’s unfair to add it to ladder. Blash pointed out they’ve posted this before, so they need the credit for the idea.

FYI i agree with the idea just what you wrote as an explanation is plain rude, and you had the audacity to tell someone not to be rude to you while you write a giant insult to casual player base in your OP.

Either edit it or dont qq when someone insults you back.

I gave it careful consideration after reading through many forum posts and considering the nature of competitive/non-competitive play. Of course, I coupled this with my knowledge of human nature and behaviour to come to the conclusion.

If you feel differently, that’s okay. But I don’t think it’s ‘rude’ to point out that some people are differently abled and need their own space too. But I’m sorry it offended you by making you feel lumped into a category that you don’t belong, so I added the edit as suggested.

AHh so you gave your opinion and trying to state it as a fact with no back up to source it to other than what you think? got it.

Well to be clear its insulting, and it sucks coz i like the idea, but the way you deliver it takes a lot away from the post and will piss a lot of people off…up to you

I didn’t say anywhere it’s a fact did I? It would require ongoing scientific studies to declare it as a fact because like any ‘facts’ in social science, they are only true within a particular moment in time. If indeed they are true at all. Many scholars are post-positivist on that front.

If you are honest, why dont you go back to your OP and rewrite it without the usage of any skill or ability related insults.
You can make that entire argument simply based on the taste of people who might like ladder or non ladder for their very own reasons.
You can even say that ladder is more competitive and FFA is more competitive. But assuming that ploot is the exact opposite is not the right way to bring your change of mind across.

4 Likes

How is it an insult to be differently abled? Like I said, we all have different ability levels and that’s okay.

We both know you already know the answer.
Anyways, i have given you an out to show your honest intention. Take it or leave it.

1 Like

What would you prefer I say then? I can edit it further. Edit: I changed it, how is that?