Please put PERSONAL LOOT

uh new generation players still after ploot…will not never happen! ffa is only and right loot option as it’s always been. everyone that wants ploot go to ------>D3/Poe. nothing more to say on this!

2 Likes

PoE don’t have personal loot, you can set the option in your game and it works in a way that game owner can pick up everything and you can’t pick up items until game owner moves away from the area or everyone get to pick up some random items.
No idea why people whine so much against personal loot since that is modern way and is not affecting anyone beside the ones that want to sell items on sites.

well D2R ain’t going to be that modern as it’s already being said that it will be the same as it was…sorry to say but if it’s not modern enough with as it is with ffa then go play something else

Here a little quote from an article on PoE loot system

Free for All

When an item drops, any player can pick it up if they’re fast enough. Whoever picks it up first keeps it.

Short Allocation

This setting randomly assigns loot to nearby party members. But if your party member doesn’t pick up the item assigned to them after a few moments, it will become lootable for any other party members.

Permanent Allocation

Similar to Short Allocation, this setting randomly assigns loot to nearby party members. But it will never become Free for All loot, no matter how much time passes.

If you or one of your allies gets assigned a piece of loot that you don’t want or is better for an ally, you can drop it on the ground so your pal can pick it up.

Short allocations, I think this is the closest to what most players have talked about in the topics , and PoE is indeed proof that a similar system can work and be beneficial to the community aspect of a game.

Easy solution is to go play Path of Exile then. This is Diablo 2.

1 Like

ye i think we all know where Poe has gone…we DO not need more mass products…if u like Poe so much u can just play that and choose ur favorit loot option but not going to happen with D2R

1 Like

I played a bit of PoE with randoms and that loot system is still garbage, to the point of people kicking you out of party cause you got some item they wanted.
Any kind of shared loot is only good for private games where few friends play together.
If you want to join random games then you are just screwed and wont get any good items as people wont share anything, cause they can always sell it or use for their other character.
In PoE its even worse as groups get more and better item drops, so people with friends are in much better spot than solo players, not that I would play PoE in multiplayer anyway cause that game is garbage that barely works for single player and on multi the FPS drops during action to around 10, so its unplayable.

The actual loot system is the same situation for many players.

That’s true, but in the case of D2 we can’t say the same thing, so it’s not a question of loot etc … just to leave a choice to the player to have a different approach, it’s mainly a QoL for those who want it , and a debuff for people who want to play in the most efficient way. That’s why FFA need to stay too

It’s a pretty personal approach, we don’t all play with the same setup and the same options in games.

FFA need to be only option as it’s always been. we do not need ploot leechers…afking in throne waiting for free…afking in baal waiting for free…this is all about from it…we DO not wanna see D2R ruined with nonsence like ploot…take a part earn ur loot it’s the only way

1 Like

This does not affect you at all, people will find a way to cheat anyway. For original D2 we have mods that increase drop rates of everything. There was always cheating and it will be, I don’t see a reason for everyone getting punished cause of small group of cheaters.

1 Like

Why are you talking to me about a punishment for everyone when you are told about an option to create a game? How could that punish you in any way if you don’t use it? We don’t say FFA is bad , or don’t play FFA

it’s not punish to have FFA only…just learn to loot it’s not that hard…FFA makes this game unique and it does need to stay like that…and if there would be ploot…it would only end having leechers…imagine having 8 of them at same party…doubt anyone wanna try angry looks on bosses if they might die with that…and if there would be ploot so many ppl would only play with friends after that or passworded games only…at the end u do not know what ur asking when u want ploot…so no thanks…ploot can stay in any other games but it’s not option for D2R!

1 Like

PoE is garbage, system specs like 2x higher than required and game runs like crap, beside the fact that PoE business model is catering to small group of whales that actually spend money in the game. Playing PoE end game feels like cheap mobile game, with all map modifiers and endless grind for minimal rewards, in general to be close to getting anything you need to play PoE around 10 hours per day, and even then progress is minimal and rewards very small. You can add their broken economy to that, where end game items cost a fortune. In general PoE is a game for unemployed basement dwellers that don’t have any kind of life.

1 Like

Go play Diablo 3 if you want personal loot, this is Diablo 2. So sick of hearing you guys trying to change this amazing game.

1 Like

Man , i understand your fear , but this is what most of people talkin about Ploot does for years. How to integrate a portion of additional player in the community without hindering in some way your playstyle, that could be bad?

Dude , you have litteraly 1mn of reading on the forum , calm down

Long time lurker, never logged in until now. PLENTY of reading has been done.

Out of curiosity - are PoE forums filled with bunch of D2 players asking to make FFA loot only option?

I don’t think so , when people have choice , they don’t ask for what they already have

I already analyzed why I think PLoot will hurt the economy and those who strive to get the best gear in the name of making the game more accessible.

Now I want to explain why in Hell Baal games, players who despise PLoot may be “compelled” into entering games with this option enabled.

Let’s suppose that players who opt into the PLoot system tend to be different from those that prefer FFA. In particular, some are less knowledgeable about the value of certain items in the game, like non-magical items (a 4 OS Ethereal Thresher, for example). If this is true, then players who prefer multiplayer FFA Baal runs may face the perverse incentive to join multiplayer PLoot Baal runs in the hopes of nabbing valuable items that become available after a set period of time. Theoretically, it makes sense for a PLoot despising FFA proponent to play PLoot Baal runs so long as the value of the items left behind by the PLooters exceeds that individual’s clicking prowess, which would be the proportion of valuable items that individual gets less the expected proportion (1 / # players in the game).

Sorry I phrased it wrong, should have wrote “asking to have only FFA loot” actually not argument for any side just curiosity.