Please put PERSONAL LOOT

I totally get the reasoning behind it, but I will have to say no to ploot too :confused:
Won’t feel like d2 anymore.

Imo, the best solution to that is to enter a community and form some connections to hunt items with people you know and like :slight_smile:

But once again, I totally get what you mean and why you would want it :slight_smile:

No

to personal loot. U can play solo then.

Those post have the most higher views because real gamers come to troll crybabies.

you can play the original or with FFA loot if they make personal loot option, get over it

No stupid ploot. Play d3 For Christ’s sake…
I can’t hear this **** anymore.

2 Likes

Some people have a misconception on Personal Loot if it was added to D2: R! As I said in another thread:

From Jerhyu :

'You’re not entitled to anything due to ‘contributing’ in a vague sense. Your personal desire to ‘progress’ due to time sunk in isn’t great gameplay or a great reason to force progression. This isn’t some social justice project - its a game.

You also risk significant disengagement from the game. Would i rather play 8 games to see a unique or 1? If you say no, its probably because you literally are bad at picking up items - most people would take the risk they don’t get one in that they could get more. You can try to dress it up butpreferring personal loot is basically that and a preference in search of a superior justification(almost entirely outside of the game where you legitimately have leechers but you won’t do what you need to disconnect yourself from them). The truth is you can easily go many games without seeing a unique or even a set item. Do you want to amplify that even more - that’s what personal loot would do - since you would need to buff drop rates to avoid it.

As someone who has legit mf’d a long time with 400+ and throughout the beta at well over 100(no gull). You can easily not see rares/set/uniques(stable sources of value) for multiple games. This is just how it is. Splicing it even further would be bad for engagement in the game - this game in part succeeds so well because it wires people’s brains for dopamine hits in ways that should arguably be illegal. Altering it to reflect a 1/8 of the time so that its ‘fair’ but not economy breaking would just… make it so much easier to quit. And that will happen. Guaranteed. We wouldn’t even need bots to break the economy it - it would break in two weeks on its own.

Even more so - there are plenty of people who give out free items. Most of the free items you get would definitely help you progress in the game - you can beat it naked after all.

Even worse - this game’s uniques - if that’s what personal loot is really worried about - stable sources of value - and set items - aren’t made equal at all. Preventing people from seeing the ones actually worth something will be really really bad for the health of this game. The fact that you said you’d take the 1/8 chance tells me you and everyone who prefers personal loot don’t play this game very much at all - nobody would take that bet in this game since there is literally so much garbage out there. Again, you really don’t know what you’re asking for and if you were to get it the only way to fix it would be to buff drop rates.’

If you want private loot play alone. Period.

4 Likes

public games are for experience.
If you wanna farm stuff, just make a personal game and farm on it.
There is no problem with loot, Diablo have some difficulty, is the essence of Diablo.

1 Like

These conversations are not going away and likely will become even more common as launch approaches/post-launch.

If you do not want to see these threads/posts, I would either not click on obvious threads about this issue (For example, I would not click and post in a thread titled “Please put PERSONAL LOOT”. Alternatively, you could avoid this forum in in its entirety.

Public games are for experience due to the issues caused by FFA loot. Wouldn’t it be better in a loot-based game to have a multiplayer experience that was good for both xp and experience?

That is what people are asking for.

hmmm, i have to disagree with you. since the release of Diablo II (29/06/2000) we have a very good RPG experience, we cant put off the essence of a game just because it does not adapt to the games for babies that we have today. I don’t want to be rude, just understand the age of the game.

Hold your edge you are one of the worst who want to mess up the game with their stupid demands.

But it doesn’t matter anyway, because he won’t get any of that. :rofl:
You can beg and plead as much as you want.

In a seperate realm ok for my sake, you can all move to your crying island and the right fans finally have their peace.

But only AFTER the release of the right game.

1 Like

I bought the collectors edition day 1 when D2 was released and I still play D2.
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Exactly. You should understand the age of the game. According to David Brevik who was President of Blizzard North at that time and game director for D2/D2:Lod at their respective releases, FFA loot is in D2/D2:Lod because personal loot had not been invented yet. It was not a design decision that FFA loot was better. Moreover, he has said repeatedly that if he could go back in time, he would change D2/D2:LoD to personal loot.

You may be right that the game will never have a separate realm or optional loot. Thanks for allowing me to beg and plead as much as I want to advocate for what I think is right. I too feel that you should have the right to advocate against everything I say as long as you follow the forum code of conduct.

If a separate realm was introduced post D2R launch, I am ok with that, especially if Blizzard announces that it is coming and its features.

Which won’t happen.

Why should Blizzard spend time and resources on this? For a gap filler up to d4 appears

You do know that there is a screenshot from the PC version of D2R under development in Blizzard’s accessibility blog post for a “Game creation” tab in options that did not exist in the beta. Optional personal loot may already exist in the current D2R development version. Who knows except Blizzard? Of note this tab is separate from the lobby where you set game passwords, number of players, level differences between players, etc…

If you read that blog post carefully, it would make sense if they added optional personal loot. Moreover, Blizzard said that they still have more accessibility changes that they are waiting to announce. One possibility is optional personal loot. I know that this issue has been brought to the accessibility teams attention at Blizzard already.

IF they were to even consider this, please open the stats on every single drop. Meaning annis and torches can have a stat from 1-20 instead of 10. Also speaking on this when one person hunts Dclone or main tank hulks ubers while the rest hang back with little to no help. If they do implement a trash personal loot system I think those who participate little should be rewarded with little as well. Items will flood the markets, trading will become pointless, and the game will become dull. The fact is that D2lod was never meant to have Private loot then and it does not need it now. Go bicker else where.

All in all no personal loot would be great, keeping FFa would be nice considering way too many changes would need to apply to a game that was made PURELY for FFA loot. I cannot emphasize this enough, and I’m praying they don’t listen to the community at all at this point.

Do you guys buy a car you don’t like, house you don’t need, or marry someone you don’t like? All those points may seem useless, but if you don’t like things in or on something you normally don’t buy them. No one is pushing you to click buy, this will be yet another game ruined by the kids that want everything handed to them.

No, keep that crap in D3 & D4.

5 Likes

Blizzard asked in their own D2R survey if the players wanted personal loot to replace FFA loot at D2R launch… would that be evidence that they at least considered the possibility however remotely

This is an ageist argument. Having a strict remaster realm and a separate modern realm with more additional options has appeal for more types of players irrespective of their age. I was already a working professional when D1 was released. It is a cheap shot to claim that kids are ruining video games because they want everything handed to them. Alot of the video games today are far superior to pong and atari that I played when I was much younger.

I am looking forward to D4 and ES6.

Not sure if you are asking for a cookie with your second response, you already have a game out with the loot specialization you are requesting from a couple decade old game. Why must it be changed, to split the player base that is already so little as is…

Your repetitive “Blizzard asked in their survey” response is a little annoying. WHO CARES ABOUT GAMES TODAY this is about a game FROM 20 YEARS AGO. Leave it alone for christs sake. It lived for as long as it did because of the way it WAS, not the way some want it to be!

Unfortunately, I will not be playing D4 because of the style it has, I personally was looking forward to D2R for what the game was (Waited all these years). Everyone prying for a change it’s depressing, I’d still play the LOD today if the graphics weren’t stuck in 2001. They could charge 300 bucks for new graphics of a battle chest edition and I’d buy it in a heartbeat. If we knew they would be making such changes I wouldn’t of pre-ordered on 3 consoles & gifted the game. The game is meant to be hard it is a “Remaster”, they promised that they would leave the game alone…seems yet another lie.

1 Like