Please Put More Effort Into Challenge Rifts

Either put more time into choosing the challenge rift or scrap the concept. You guys clearly do not play your own game. You never did. This has been clear since beta vanilla D3. It’s depressing really.

4 Likes

It would help in elaborating what factors you would like seen being put in the selection of Challenge Rift.

Some were outright easy because it was a staple set build, but there are quirky ones that actually did pose as a ‘Challenge’ of sort (like last week’s DH which had no generator and quite resource-driven N6 build) from time to time.

1 Like

All factors really.

Rift density. Set chosen. Skills chosen. Passives chosen. Mob type. Paragon. Rift level.

It’s almost always trash in some way. Just being honest.

4 Likes

Yeah, please buff the challenge rift rewards.

200 crafting materials and one guaranteed Primal for Lv70 character would be a good start.

3 Likes

The rewards for the challenge rift are pretty sad to be honest. They need to AT LEAST triple the mats you get from it.

Again. It’s pretty clear they don’t play this and probably never did.

2 Likes

You mean make it more streamlined/easier, or make it more complex/harder?

Argument can be made against both. Making it more streamlined/easier defeats the purpose of ‘challenge’ rift. Making it complex/harder can’t be accomplished easily, when most decent builds have already been streamlined, without having to jump hoops in a weird way. Some of the easiest way is to make it super fast (making only the optimal route to be cleared) or make something like Wudijo FoK build (god, I really hope I played it during that time. only heard about it, didn’t play it), but how many ‘new’ build can you really make anymore?

I’m fine with it being hard. But don’t pick potato builds and give a garbage amount of materials as a reward. The whole entire concept was clearly rushed.

Sure make it hard. But make it darn worth the time to clear/finish it.

I want good/interesting builds and a good reward for completing it.
At this moment we have neither of those.

As for the limited types of builds in the game I have no answer for that.
That’s Blizzards fault for limiting the skills and gear so badly over the years. The game is far too “cookie cutter” in its current form.

1 Like

Here is how I would fix Crifts:

Build Selection:
Once or twice a year, let players submit their unique, polished builds. Have someone spend a week sorting through picking out 5 fun looking builds per class. Now, there are 35 builds selected for the year for the Crifts. Mix in the other 17 weeks with some builds taken from established builds or for fun once in a while, let the trash algorithm they have now pick a few.

Map selection:
Since most these builds aren’t taken as a direct run snapshot, have a random run chosen for that weeks Crift, and make sure it is not sewers, followed by caves, followed Westmarch, followed by sewers.

Difficulty selection:
Make it like regular GR’s. Players can run these builds at whatever difficulty they want. The time limit is 15 minutes as a regular GR. The leader board will be ranked by who completed the highest GR the fastest. This will give players the ability to test their skills with the build and not solely who can find the elites the fastest.

Rewards:
Participation trophy is given as the standard cache bag we have now for completing the CR on GR1. An additional bag will be rewarded for every 10 GR levels completed, so if the player runs it on GR50, they would get 6 bags: the participation bag, plus one for GR10, 20, 30, 40, 50. If you complete it again at GR70, the players would get 2 addtional bags, and so on and so forth.

Making the leader board would give additional bags. 1 for making top 1000, 2 for top 500, 5 for top 100, 10 for top 25, and 15 bags for top 5 for example.

Cost/rewards:
Something like this would probably cost Blizz about 80 hours worth of time for the year over what they currently put into CR’s. Implementing something like this definitely create more interest in the player base to try CR’s and more than once a week. Currently, most players do it once a week for the one bag, or once a season for the start. It is pretty much dead content at this point, slightly more played than set dungeons.

I, personally, would actually participate in CRifts if something like this was implemented (currently I do it once a season just for the bag). Playing someone else’s clunky, unpolished build is definitely not fun for me. Give me a reason to want to try some new builds. Showcasing turd builds is not going to do it for me. I want to try builds that I would actually like to play.

1 Like

aren’t challenge rifts randomly chosen every x amount of time from uncommon builds actual people play?

1 Like

I am fine with them, rewards could be better but meh.

Also I enjoyed that corpse explosion one, was pretty easy and fast

You don’t have to do them if you don’t find it interesting :wink:

2 Likes

I think they’re selecting the challenge rifts very deliberately. I also think they’re screwing with your heads.

The challenge rifts are fine. I see no point in providing conventional builds and gear choices. Everyone has done that. The fact that so many cry when something like this build is used, which is almost how I play my corpse explosion Necro(because it’s fun), speaks to how easy some people want this to be.

1 Like

the only thing that really bugs me is that you can’t adjust the stupid bindings they use. it’s always something ridiculous no human player would ever use like “firebats on 4, soul harvest on left mouse, dogs on right mouse”

1 Like

Err, yes you can.

4 Likes

wait, really? when did they change that?

It’s been that for awhile now, I don’t know how long but you can reassign the skills. Give it a shot for this week’s CR.

3 Likes

well i feel silly now. thank you!

Been like this since they introduced it actually. You can move the skills around before you start the CR.

1 Like

Wait. AFAIK in the challenge rifts is a completely real GR run which was maded by someone isnt’it? So if its true i think no need to any changes.

1 Like