Please no infinite scaling in D4

i agree with that:
-speedrunners and 4-man-teams take over PvP

Yes please. let the crazy infinite system die along with D3. Nobody likes looking up to the top and feel it’s impossible to reach. Nobody wants to feel like they fall behind if they don’t logg on constantly. The grind must be reasonable. This notion of getting rewarded for every minute you spend in the game is garbage.

3 Likes

For those who hate infinite paragon, would you OK with finite Paragon or you guys just hate the whole paragon system?

in D4, let it stay, because more players will come in to speedgrind…

The longer you get nothing, the better it feels when you eventually get it. Basics of psychology. If you can finish whole game with end game gear in 6 hours it becomes trivial and boring. Calculator in windows gives similar gameplay experience, hit the plus and number increases, just like in diablo 3. There will be point where you hit the wall in game, its inevitable and it’s part of experience providing you small chance but huge reward. Same concept is that you cannot be happy all the time in life because it becomes boring standard at some point.

that’s an astude remark;
infinity, HC and a fun low sandbox, is a nice combo, that will lure several preferences.

I see it as playing a game you enjoy and find fun in for 6 hours. Are you playing the game for “moar powah over competition” or to have fun?

The Paragon concept was poorly implemented in terms of competition and it really encouraged bots to play while you’re sleeping/at work to build up paragon. Competition should be about skill, not whose character can rack up the most game time.

1 Like

What do you mean? The GR lvl? I’m talking about Paragon points. As of now there is no cap that can be reached.

i’ll make an astude remark also lol:

-casuals-common players have FUN, while playing.

-thrillseekers and ladderfans-speedgrinders have an URGE, with a short moment of relieve when the goal is reached.

So you’re saying the ladderfans and speedgrinders don’t have fun unless they’re constantly increasing power and anything less is a waste of time? You never did answer my question to dragonmaster in your post.

2 Likes

you are right, that was my mistake.

indeed, that is my opinion AND the answer on your question to dragonmaster.

and this, posted earlier, is my original version to yours.

Paragon system in D3 is splitting up community. For low paragon players is much harder to find group in group oriented game.

Sure, but there are many possible solutions to migrate issue of different power levels in PVP.

Also the issue of different power gap isn’t unique to infinite scaling.

If Blizzard wants it to be played for as long as D3 was then they will have to make it infinite. Otherwise people will max out and walk away. As there will be no reason to keep playing.

One thing is not like the other.

if everyone has infinite resources than, yes, they become pointless in that no feeling of reward or achievement can be had from accumulation. The carrot on the stick isn’t going to matter because carrots are everywhere. If you never have something to aim toward, you have no satisfaction in attaining anything.

true:
that’s why i play solo and have mobblasting fun for years now. :palm_tree:

No infinite scaling plz.

3 Likes

It only exists because of the bad level scaling before it. It wouldn’t have had to exist if the game had meat to it from leveling in the first place. “Oh no, they are getting to the max level in 20 minutes so they feel like they’re done! We have to keep this thing going! INFINTELY”

1 Like

I feel kinda sorry for people like that, not having fun with their happy gaming time unless they feel like they’re gaining something or it feels like they wasted their leisure time. But I guess it works for them.

Despite that, I still feel paragon was a poorly implemented system and should not make a return for reasons I stated in previous posts. I hope it never comes back in the form it is in Diablo 3.

@ Kilometer: If the leveling process is set up right, paragon shouldn’t even be necessary in any shape or form.

6 Likes