Please nerf ww rend barb, it is much stronger than chantodo wizard before nerf

Check Cratic’s comment on the chantodo nerfs. His words are more convincing than any wiz players. For those doesnt know him, he is one of the best wizard mechanic testers.

Video link GR 145 done in June: https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDI0MjAyMzgyMA==.html?spm=a2h3j.8428770.3416059.1

Can you see the difference?

Let me link you another video, Ze Dark’s solo 144 on liver server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN8wTjBD6Z0

Anyone have eyes will see wiz has more toughness while maintaining the same damage than barb. This 140 is zombie grotesue with summoner, far less damaging than the 144 anarch mob types and the 145 illusionist enslave nightmare fishings. Take in mind EN has random debuffs on player that reduces toughness, yet the wiz survived perfectly. It can not replicate on a barb or it will cost damage. Toughness is crucial in higher tiers. In your analogy, 148 is doable on live with ze dark. How do you expect him sustain 24% extra damage when his EHP value is wobbling throughout the entire rift on the most damagingless mob types in this 140 clr?

No one takes PTR s19 seriously, the 15 kill streak proc 30 kill streak proc xxx kill streak that 1 shot elites. 500 kill streak 1 shot RG. The gameplay is about maintaining kill streak. Class strengths are irrelevant.

At 8k paragon, i am struggling with PoJ on 100+ NS yet Quin with 1k paragon in seasons cruises 104+ with kill streak bonuses, pretty much illustrates the narrative.

As for NS, lowest paragon 138 clear is NA server Impulsive @ 4996 paragon on 14:56 min , followed by 137 clear @ 4850 paragon (LexyuTV) on 13: 22 min.

Highly doubt WW can replicate these clearings from EHP perspective.

These posts can not sustain tiny bit of In depth analysis.

WW Rend is subpar comparing to pre nerf chantodo, case closed

12 Likes

So what? What if barb can clear 144? What’s the problem? Check the leaderboards as it is now, wizard is way ahead of barbarian. Why can’t be the other way round? Even for a season?

People should be asking themselves these questions before coming to a PTR forum asking for nerfs for other classes.

3 Likes

Let’s just all stop pretending you guys want game balance, ok? Please be honest and say it out loud: “I want Wizard to still be #1 at solo GR.”

7 Likes

Hey demonmonger, how was your plowing @ gr 125?

5 Likes

^^This. It’s so obvious it smells funky.

3 Likes

I know a guy, who knows a guy who knows another guy, that guy’s brother’s friend was plowing 150 so in order to prevent barb nerf he closed the rift without finishing.

True story.

The north remembers.

8 Likes

Still probably they will nerf wwrend thanks to trolls such as this OP here. I dont think the developers will consider logical feedback for such cases. They will just look at the most trolling posts and be done with the whining.

3 Likes

So pretty much you presume that a 10k Paragon with near perfect gear and max gems was able to do only 110 as WW before buff, and now he jumped to 140?

Then the buff is more than freaking welcome and needed if a maxed out toon on everything with a good build, couldn’t get past 110 - again according to your own words - before the buff.

Thank you for strengthening the weak and poor state the barbarian class was in before the buff <3

1 Like

I know sweet FA about the more complicated inner workings but I can do arithmetic. At 5 points per paragon point 10,500 pp x 5 = 52,500pp

Unless something radical has changed in how they work, that’s approximately the same as adding another level 100 gem imbue 5 times more additively on each piece of gear than the majority of players in the game. At the least. Not everyone each season amasses 4K-5K paragons because they do not have that kind of time to play.

Someone I replied to in a thread recently suggested ‘it made little difference’. I would not mind that ‘little difference.’

OP, you sound like sour grapes. State your reasons and analysis on why WW Rend Barbarian needs to be adjusted. But not to bring a specific nerf for comparison. It is meaningless. There will always be class builds that are powerful.

For the record, I won’t roll a WW Barb in season 19 though it is perhaps one of the most powerful. I will likely roll the Aegis of Valor Crusader for fun.

Cheers.

That is a huge difference. I cleared 107 at 900ish paragon no augments as LoD meteorshower. Now 1.1k paraon, did 4 augs (111 = 555 int), and did 109 with 3m left (and that with 2 bad maps with horrible density and 3 packs of nightmarish which is a no-no for LoD meteor shower cause it makes you stop channeling and lose all stacks). If that is nothing or little difference then… maybe we’re not playing the same game. Also close to 10b toughness while channeling (and 6m sheet dmg).

When I will get full augs and 2k paragon I will most likely be doing 125+ (because of how LoD meteorshower works, you do same great dmg both to trash and to RG).

1 Like

Totally agree.
I found it incredulous that anyone who thought that someone with at least 5,000 paragons more than the majority of the playing population would only make a ‘little difference.’

yeah, I hear you.

1 Like

Wrong, top Chantodo Wizard before nerf did 135 GR on PTR, 137 was made by bazooka (clears from previous PTR haven’t been wiped). Currently the highest Chantodo Wizard clear after nerf is 131 on non season PTR.

Lets calculate then. This PTR rend was buffed compared to live by:

• Wrath of the Wastes - 6-Piece Bonus: The damage bonus of 10,000% now also applies to Rend
  • Lamentation - Increases the damage of Rend by [150-200%]
  • Ambo’s Pride - Attacking with Whirlwind also applies Rend and the total damage of Rend is dealt over 1 second

So buff to rend is:
101 [6th piece of Wrath of the Wastes] x 3 [Lamentation] x 15 [Ambo’s Pride]= 4545 more damage

Rend deals 4545 more damage than on live server! It is equivalent of 53.6 GR levels (1.17^53.6 = 4545).
In other words rend was buffed by 53.6 greater rift levels! So if anyone can clear 96 GR with just rend on live server then after the buff he should be able to clear 150 GR.

In comparison two PTR’s ago Chantodo was buffed by a factor of 20 which is equivalent of 19.1 GR levels.

Edit: Reply to Lace with calculation.

EasyFrank,

I compared the rankings of 130 and 125 grift clears on the current era in the America region. Wizards are clearly an outlier. It does not make a difference how one analyzes the data. The smaller the numbers mean the less powerful the class is for solo.*

• This data is biased by the fact that some classes are played more than others and inclusion in the high end meta that affects legendary gem levels and gear augments.
Current Era (Non-Season) in American Region
Barbarian Crusader Demon Hunter Monk Necromancer Witch Doctor Wizard PTR Barbarian
Ranking of best 130 3 17 5 3 8 12 92 21
Ranking of best 125 8 58 29 12 21 37 386 82

This obviously isn’t the case, as the 10k Paragon with perfect gear and 150 gems and full augs at max lvl couldn’t even get remotely close to 150 even with the seasonal buff (which is HUGE).

You are way off. Like way way off. You are telling me that if I cleared GR100 with WW at 1.3k paragon, all I need to do next season is get the new legendary, adjust build, then I can jump straight into 140’s? I want what you’re smoking, must be damn good ^^

1 Like

But what are you trying to tell me by this? I don’t quite get it. Wizards are outlier on the current era, thats why Blizzard nerfs them to bring them more in line with other classes. But at the same time buffs Barbs even more than Wizards before nerf!

If you want to tell me that on current era there are much more Wizards that cleared 125 and 130 GR than Barbarians on PTR, it is obvious!
Wizards had about half a year to make those ranks with Chantodo. Barbs had just 5 days of current PTR and only handful players play on PTR. Give Barbs half a year and you will see that those numbers will be much higher for Barbs if they won’t be nerfed. Your logic is completely flawed here.

First, he plays only non season so about what seasonal buff are you talking about??? He cleared 140 the first day of PTR, without much fishing, he even mentioned in the video of this clear that it was his second woods map!
He didn’t have perfect gear and augments either. He didn’t even wear Flavor of Time amulet, didn’t have power pylon at all.
What is more on PTR it is harder to play than on live, because of massive lags and high ping.

The issue with Vyr’s Chantodo’s is that it was fairly easy to build and gear for and thus everyone used it to get Paragon and gem ups. Even people who do not play Wizard at all.

The fact it can clear very high GR’s was not the only factor…it is the ease of the build.

The WW Barb in PTR is the same…everyone can easily gear one and use it for Paragon or gem ups.

In my opinion it needs nerfed because it has the same factors as Vyr’s Chantodo’s.

People will gear a barb just for Paragon & Gem ups when they are not interested in playing barb.

2 Likes

Oh like how people play vyr/chantodo who have no interest in playing wiz. or those that do rat runs that have no interest in Necro, the list goes on…

The world will end if players have to make a barb to do paragon and gems ups…oh the humanity!

7 Likes

People come up with the most funny and fake arguments to nerf other classes lol omg XD

Look at this guy “oh, people will exploit the build and level up”.

Dude, come on. It’s 2019 already. Come on. Stop wasting our time. Just spit it out: “I want the class I play to be better than yours, and the recent buff to Barb is spoiling this for me”

5 Likes

In conclusion to bring ww rend barbs in line with other classes their damage should be reduced by at least 3x, which corresponds to 7 GR levels.

Simplest way to do it would be either by:

• removing “and your applied Rends deal triple damage” from 4-pieces bonus of Wrath of the Wastes set
  • or reducing the increase of damage per second of rend from 500% to 100% on 2-pieces bonus of Wrath of the Wastes set