Please increase drop rate of Gibbering Gemstone

Resorting to violence is not necessary. No problem. I believe the OP knows the difference between the two, just irritated that the drop rate of the Gibbering Gemstone is as crappy as it is.

1 Like

If you think about it, both the shire and dale are fairly equal in RNGā€¦ A person has to work to get all the components to get the staffā€¦then the added RNG of getting the portrait drop. The other the RNG of Rainbow goblins with the added RNG of Lillian. It would be nice if they did one month of improved RNG for the portrait and cosmic wings drop rates.
I wonā€™t hold my breath, but it would be nice for people who do not play in the whole day bracket.

I have the Cosmic Wings. As for the Rainbow Portrait, I am convinced no such thing exists. Anybody who claims to have seen Sir William are lying and pictures of said portrait frame are photo shopped. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Pssstā€¦
You could just edit your post and correct it then no-one has to shoot anyone.

:joy::rofl::joy: sometimes I feel the same way. I have the wings in Europe but nowhere else. I have not sighted Sir William - ever.

Why, when it was already corrected by you in your follow up postā€¦

RNG on RNG on RNG really sucks. Itā€™s such bad designā€¦ they should never have more than 2 levels of RNG for things like this. Wirtā€™s Original Leg is the other non-game changing item that annoys me. Still havenā€™t gotten one.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never made staff. This is my first attempt and Iā€™ve just been working on getting the mushroom to spawn. I was half worried that it was taken out at some point. Iā€™m glad to see current posts about this to know that these items still exist. Iā€™ve tried maybe 20 times with no luck but the room many times. Wont give up knowing that people to this day are still doing the staff of herding!

Yep, iā€™m stuck there too and also at Izual for the plandrop (Staff of Herding)
-The 3 other components i got.

(seasons)

Youā€™ll never get the plan for the Staff of Herding from Urzael - it drops from Izualā€¦

7 Likes

I found the Gibbering Gemstone on accident the first time I encountered Chilltara in Season 19. I went after the other pieces and it took a few tries here and there, but I eventually got them.

However, I did not have the plans.
That toooooooook foooooooorrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I guess a trade off in RNG. Thatā€™s D3 for you.

That thing took me hours to farm. Just keep at it! It will happen! I swear I killed her at least 20 times, but you have to realize if this is the one in act 3, then thereā€™s 2 rares that spawn at the end of the cave, the rarers ones have the drop. I donā€™t remember all the details, just being disappointed it wasnā€™t chilltara

Hm,

Gibbering Gemstone is easily one of the most rare items in the game. Itā€™s so rare it doesnā€™t really make sense anymore. Sure, we talk about an easter egg here but even soā€¦ it doesnā€™t need to be this hard. Thereā€™s still another layer of RNG if you really want the portrait frame on top, you still need to get the rare boss and have it drop the cosmetic. Seeing that Act1 Whimsyshire is visually no different from Whimsydale you cannot even argue that itā€™s about an easter egg. By the time you will find a Gibbering Gemstone you will likely have encountered dozens of Rainbow Goblins and the only surprise left will be how disappointing the Act 1 easter egg actually is - unless you look for burgers and rainbow lightsabersā€¦ or the portrait frame which requires another layer of RNG to beat.

I guess I can call myself lucky, since Iā€™ve been around for some time I still have an Infernal Staff of Herding which can no longer be crafted. I only ever got 1 more Gemstone after they changed this. It was during a full campaign run, way back in season 2 when you had to collect all lore books for the sole time we ever had the Language conquest. Considering how often I killed Chiltara afterwards for bounties and whatnotā€¦ Iā€™d say itā€™s way too rare.

1 Like

i have been playing d3 for a while, also playing every season, and every one of them i got one gem (3 months farming) and now i find i have like 6 gems of those that i dont need because i already have the staff, so i dont think is so rareā€¦ just play more and eventually uā€™ll get it
https://prnt.sc/vt0vg2

If youā€™re having issues getting the gemstone to drop, try playing at a lower difficulty.

IME trying to get it at t13+ is pointless, almost never drops. But whenever I go looking for it around the t3-t8 levels, I get it within a few runs max. VERY fast compared to max difficulty attempts.

See if that helps